E18 Battles

pointblankerror

I'm pulling my hair out trying to defeat

the battles with the hypno. It's hard enough trying to beat and soft resetting for the cain and shelly battle, but after I beat the first unknown trainer and go back into the double battle, I can't beat it for the life of me. (I actually got a save in after the cain and shelly fight so I can soft reset to that point)

Here's my team for beating the first fight with cain and shelly:

Swampert:

Earthquake, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Hammer Arm

Honchkrow:

Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Fly

Gardevoir:

Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Psychic, Calm Mind

Clawitzer:

Surf, Dragon Pulse, Sludge Wave, Aura Sphere

Chandelure:

Flamethrower, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Curse

Luxray:

Magnet Rise, Discharge, Wild Charge, Crunch

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch
spoilers

2 minutes ago, pointblankerror said:

I'm pulling my hair out trying to defeat the battles with the hypno. It's hard enough trying to beat and soft resetting for the cain and shelly battle, but after I beat the first unknown trainer and go back into the double battle, I can't beat it for the life of me. (I actually got a save in after the cain and shelly fight so I can soft reset to that point)

Here's my team for beating the first fight with cain and shelly:

Swampert:

Earthquake, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Hammer Arm

Honchkrow:

Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Fly

Gardevoir:

Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Psychic, Calm Mind

Clawitzer:

Surf, Dragon Pulse, Sludge Wave, Aura Sphere

Chandelure:

Flamethrower, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Curse

Luxray:

Magnet Rise, Discharge, Wild Charge, Crunch

Spoiler

assault vest on swampert is very good since the third battle has more special attackers than physical, if gardevoir has telepathy then send it out with swampert

Spoiler

Gardevoir is not good here. A certain someone's Dark types are good against it, and so are a certain other someone's psychic types in the next battle. I would suggest grabbing a Poison Heal Breloom to replace it for this battle. Shroomish can be found in the area around the glass factory, and Breloom completely walls Umbreon at the end of the second battle, giving you time to heal and get ready for the following fight. Spore meanwhile will let you put the Clefable to sleep, allowing your Pokemon to tag-team the ice team.

4 minutes ago, LeoYT said:
  Hide contents

assault vest on swampert is very good since the third battle has more special attackers than physical, if gardevoir has telepathy then send it out with swampert

ah ok, ill try that

2 minutes ago, wcv said:
  Hide contents

Gardevoir is not good here. A certain someone's Dark types are good against it, and so are a certain other someone's psychic types in the next battle. I would suggest grabbing a Poison Heal Breloom to replace it for this battle. Shroomish can be found in the area around the glass factory, and Breloom completely walls Umbreon at the end of the second battle, giving you time to heal and get ready for the following fight. Spore meanwhile will let you put the Clefable to sleep, allowing your Pokemon to tag-team the ice team.

if it comes to it, ill try that as well thank you all!