Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

(Spoiler e18) looking for a certain pokemon...

RandomGuy1

Question

so... i finished e18 by beating hardy, and am looking for a scyther to evolve and add to my team

i'm pretty sure i did all the heat wave blizzard shenanigans to unlock hidden areas in route 4, but i'm yet to confront a scyther. 

Does scyther appear in a certain place or does it simply have an extremely low encounter rate? 

I'm pretty sure it's not the latter because i encountered like 5 shinies while looking for scyther, so i don't know what the problem is. 

Am i missing out on a hidden area? 

2 answers to this question

1 minute ago, RandomGuy1 said:

so... i finished e18 by beating hardy, and am looking for a scyther to evolve and add to my team

i'm pretty sure i did all the heat wave blizzard shenanigans to unlock hidden areas in route 4, but i'm yet to confront a scyther. 

Does scyther appear in a certain place or does it simply have an extremely low encounter rate? 

I'm pretty sure it's not the latter because i encountered like 5 shinies while looking for scyther, so i don't know what the problem is. 

Am i missing out on a hidden area? 

Spoiler

Scyther can be found on route 4 in the areas without snow its a 1% encounter rate