[Spoilers] E18 GYM PUZZLE GUIDE

Tacos

IMPORTANT NOTE: I would recommend not using the speed up function during this puzzle if you can.

Gonna copy paste this from the beta club 

Seeing as plenty of people in the alpha were seeking help for the gym puzzle for this episode, please feel free to look here if you find yourself confused.

Spoiler

So if you battle the gym trainer at the top, he informs you of the order of the notes.  Bottom to top, the notes are:

C-E-highG-B-B-lowG-A-A

The notes are in a G mixolydian scale, which means from left to right, the notes go:

lowG-A-B-C-D-E-F-highG

If you need a visual from top to bottom here it is:

. x . . . . . .

. x . . . . . .

x . . . . . . .

. . x . . . . .

. . x . . . . .

. . . . . . . x

. . . . . x . .

. . . x . . . .

Once everything is in position, use rock climb on the left, enjoy the dope music, and good luck in your gym battle.

If everything is in the correct position and after rock climbing, the door still won’t open, go to each block and press ‘c’ or click on it, which should then fix the notes being played, which sometimes will be wrong despite position due to a bug currently.

If you have any questions or don't think this is clear enough, please feel free to ask here.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, junaid said:

i am unable to compete this puzzle

Can you provide some more details?  Is everything in place?  Did you use rock climb on the left?  Did you follow everything I said at the bottom of the spoiler?

On 8/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, Tacos said:

Can you provide some more details?  Is everything in place?  Did you use rock climb on the left?  Did you follow everything I said at the bottom of the spoiler?

I HAVE DONE IT.

Also wrecked that gym with my rhyperior with eq

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have just entered Hardy's gym and it is completely different from other players' experiences. Everyone else has a gym layout while I only have a basic layout. The best way I can put it is that there is just the basic floor titles and that's it. No noteblocks, stairs, cliffs, or a wall to use Rock Climb on. I've entered and reentered to heal my team at the Pokemon Center. I was confused as to what I was looking for because the gym is barren. I looked up what to do and that is when I found out something is wrong with my game. I restarted Reborn thinking that is all it needs but nothing has changed. Solving the gym puzzle is impossible for me at the moment. Can I get some suggestions as to what I may have to do to fix it

49 minutes ago, Doobious said:

So I have just entered Hardy's gym and it is completely different from other players' experiences. Everyone else has a gym layout while I only have a basic layout. The best way I can put it is that there is just the basic floor titles and that's it. No noteblocks, stairs, cliffs, or a wall to use Rock Climb on. I've entered and reentered to heal my team at the Pokemon Center. I was confused as to what I was looking for because the gym is barren. I looked up what to do and that is when I found out something is wrong with my game. I restarted Reborn thinking that is all it needs but nothing has changed. Solving the gym puzzle is impossible for me at the moment. Can I get some suggestions as to what I may have to do to fix it

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Thank you for posting the solution! I am quite tone deaf as the guy in the gym mentioned that term. I got the 'shape' of the bottom part right, but just shifted 3 tiles to the left and the top part was completely wrong. Without you, I would have been stuck for days, just trying all possible solutions. Judging by this thread, I'm not the only one with that problem. 

It is a good puzzle, but I would call it nearly unsolvable without a friend who is at least decently proficient in music.

7 minutes ago, Tacos said:

Try exiting the gym, redownloading episode 18, and then going back in again.  Idk of an exact solution but that’s all I can think of for this.

Yup, it worked like a charm. Thank you for helping me with this boulder in the road (sorry, I could't help myself)) 

• 2 months later...

Spoiler

For any of you unable to enter the gym battle despite putting the notes in the right place, move the low G note out of place, then back in place. Then scale the edge with rock climb. That will open the door. IDK there might be a flag to where you have to move each block at least once or it won't count. 

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much for this thread.

I'm deaf, so this was impossible for me, but I googled "e18 gym puzzle solution pokemon reborn" and this thread popped up; thank you so much for being willing to post this

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see it was dec 2018 last posted. Apologies!

Edited by Vitruvian
didn't see thread is months old.