Amethyst

[E18] Minor Errors

Hello, dear regular guests and casual attenders of "Correctly and Beautifully Written Text when Text is Your Main Medium but the Protagonist Still Stays Silent"!

As of this Episode, a single individual performed the long and dreadful task to go through all of Reborn's text, be it dialogue, TV programs, clicky-thingies, Rock Climb askings, move descriptions or Ability descriptions.

Amethyst ever since has done her best to remove the game further from the official ones by altering several soundtracks like the Pokémon Center theme or the Team Meteor battle theme which until E15 was a Team Rocket Remix.

As a long term result, I took the (approved) liberty of steering the boat right back into the harbor. Like the S.S. Anne in Kanto, it could never leave in the first place.
Henceforth, this game is now hopefully presented close to as well as it possibly could.

1) You will encounter new creatures. Pokemon have been removed from the game and were replaced with Pokémon.
2) Classic Pokémon Proper Nouns (PPNs) have been introduced. This means, any instance of PPNs should be capitalized.

These usually are:
(Pokémon) Trainer
(Reborn) League
Gym
(Reserve) (Gym) Leader (beware: not gang leader or team leader)
(Gym) Badge
Gym Battle, Gym Match etc.
Champion

Typename-type
(Hidden) Ability
(Pokémon) Egg
Shiny (Pokémon)
Berry
Poké Ball, Poké Doll, etc.
Pokémon Center, PokéMart
Day Care
Day-Care Person
(Technical) Machine

Stats (Attack, Defense, etc)

(Reborn City) Restoration Project
(Reborn Pokémon) Reintroduction Project

directly referenced Items
directly referenced Locations

3) Ability, move and item descriptions have been worked over. If something doesn't fit into the box in your font, watch out and raise your voice! Because I definitely had to think outside of it to squeeze most things in there.

----------------

If you specifically care about the text's presentation or happen to stumble upon anything not in line with the premise of either the Oxford Dictionary or PPNs, please watch out for these things specifically this Episode!
Your concerns will be taken care of, and then be compiled. Again, and again, and again, and maybe crash Dan's game.

Enjoy the Episode!

Spoiler

Don't know if it's really a bug or if i'm doing it wrong but in the place where you can get larvitar I can't actually access larvitar.

Capture2.PNG.e418a027b70136e5abcba7914e58aa5d.PNG1836602114_Capture5.PNG.00150b00823b6506c63ec6cc0846ad6e.PNG

Capture4.PNG.8163f123637ec5c69cfcc7df22d34820.PNG

1 minute ago, vava4429 said:

Don't know if it's really a bug or if i'm doing it wrong but in the place where you can get larvitar I can't actually access larvitar.

Capture4.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Spoiler

its not a bug, you need to do something somewhere else in the area first

5 minutes ago, LeoYT said:
  Hide contents

its not a bug, you need to do something somewhere else in the area first

Is it breaking the field in the second room?

Just now, vava4429 said:

Is it breaking the field in the second room?

Spoiler

no its somewhere in the area you fought the giant steelix

Just now, LeoYT said:
  Hide contents

no its somewhere in the area you fought the giant steelix

Oh okay thank you didn't think about going all the way there XD

(psst, slightly off topic y'all)

So, minor-est error ever:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.2cbb47a72699545437b1745c1815c691.pngthis door in the OST does not say that it's locked.

17 minutes ago, vava4429 said:

Capture4.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Might want to edit that post so the pics are in spoilers.

So I restarted and stumbled across this super minor thing. Not so much a bug, more of an annoyance, but I figured I'd share in the off-chance it bothered someone else.

This is in the first transition between Lower Peridot and Opal. Before even getting your pokemon, there's this guy (the blonde one) who is a little too close to the map cutoff.

Going to OPAL from LOWER PERIDOT: you can see him blink out of existence even though it's only half of him.

Going to LOWER PERIDOT from OPAL: you see an empty tile suddenly fill with the blonde trouble-maker.

minor sprite bug.jpeg

Trainers fought in

Spoiler

Agate City

don't user their own battle themes, they just use the overworld music. This kinda ruins the climax fight against 

Spoiler

Solaris.

Pls fix.

• Upvote 1

for e18:

Spoiler

after getting the cage key for the espeon, if you try to release it from the side you cannot move at all and you get the bumping sound over and over again. (had to soft reset to a previous save) so dont try it!

image.thumb.png.bce20dedf8cee70ba3c1ed30bc0e7144.png

I found the Pokedex entry of Absol is cut off at "lifespan of 100"

Not sure about this one. Episode 18 spoiler.

Spoiler

I've tried to sequence-break the game (again) and I was blocked by this lady who wouldn't even dare to face me 😞

capture000.jpg.c1f961cbd6498d01d601b8e06bcd0449.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if the problem is on my end (or if it's even a bug), but some of the Pokemon cries sound a bit ... weird? Wasn't the case in E17 so not sure if I changed anything or if anyone else if experiencing the same thing? Example in your first rival battle, the Nidoran's cry sounds more obnoxious than it already is. Same with Wurmple's and Ekans' cries. 

Edited by Lorans

Spoiler

I show this minor error in this video, some walls don't work properly.

And also, thanks for this amazing EP, your game is amazing!

1 hour ago, Lorans said:

I'm not sure if the problem is on my end (or if it's even a bug), but some of the Pokemon cries sound a bit ... weird? Wasn't the case in E17 so not sure if I changed anything or if anyone else if experiencing the same thing? Example in your first rival battle, the Nidoran's cry sounds more obnoxious than it already is. Same with Wurmple's and Ekans' cries. 

its the cries in sm i think

Gen 1 cries had been reworked in official 7th Gen.
so don't worry if Pikachu actually says Pikachu now as its cry, it's a thing.

This map acts funny:

Spoiler

crystals.JPG.61d43ca33f48ca95ed33683a0f336e84.JPG

I was able to use Rock Smash on the wall without changing the field. I reset, then changed the field with Dark Pulse but didn't save. I reset again and now the map automatically turns into this one.

After beating Ciel, when you leave the Circus Data office immediately after the fight, it lags for a moment and then randomly plays bits from a few audio files (the only one that was distinctive enough to recognise was Beryl) before letting you out. Really weird, I can consistently replicate it the first time you leave the data office after the right. I have a savefile that is at that point for replication purposes, let me know if you need it.

in agate city after you defeat solaris, you follow lin and have to use dive at some point.

underwater (see pics) you can access an area that should not be possible to go.

report_dive_agate.png

report_dive_agate1.png

• Upvote 1