Is Adrienn a secret asshole?

iDunno

Sooo... I can't be the only one that doesn't buy the nice guy binary image Adrienn gives. Does anyone else think that xe's a double agent for Lin? (not Team Meteor, but Lin specifically)

I started getting suspicious during the events of E16, where Adrienn was the only character (other than the player) who walked away scot-free, and everything that supposedly happened to xyr was completely offscreen. Not only that, but xe was with Ame when they were overpowered/captured, which raises a lot of red flags. There's also the fact that the place we found xyr was the Citae, where supposedly Child!Lin also was, so they might have been alone there together for some time before the player, El, Radomus and Cain came along. That makes me think that xe's in league with Lin specifically, and the restoration of Reborn somehow figures into Lin's agenda (not necessarily Team Meteor's).

Does anyone else think that way? Was it the dog all along? Is Adrienn a secret asshole?

I don't think that xe actually is, but I do think think that from what we've seen so far, there might be trouble if Adrienn's desire to rebuild/protect Reborn ever came into conflict with exacting justice on Meteor. Don't think it's in the category of "haha, I've been double-crossing you all along!", though.

41 minutes ago, iDunno said:

Sooo... I can't be the only one that doesn't buy the nice guy binary image Adrienn gives. Does anyone else think that xe's a double agent for Lin? (not Team Meteor, but Lin specifically)

I started getting suspicious during the events of E16, where Adrienn was the only character (other than the player) who walked away scot-free, and everything that supposedly happened to xyr was completely offscreen. Not only that, but xe was with Ame when they were overpowered/captured, which raises a lot of red flags. There's also the fact that the place we found xyr was the Citae, where supposedly Child!Lin also was, so they might have been alone there together for some time before the player, El, Radomus and Cain came along. That makes me think that xe's in league with Lin specifically, and the restoration of Reborn somehow figures into Lin's agenda (not necessarily Team Meteor's).

Does anyone else think that way? Was it the dog all along? Is Adrienn a secret asshole?

Adrienn has a very specific view of good, at least to me.  Xe knows what's right and can often be a little too proud, to the point where xe can be stubborn even when proven wrong.  And while that may be concerning, it's been shown that xe will use that stubbornness for good rather than bad.  I find it incredibly unlikely that xe will ever turn out to be an evil character.  Xe is inherently good and wants the best for people and especially pokemon, as seen with our first encounter with xem in Citae.  Xe suspected that Radomus was abusing G.G., and xe thought it best to keep G.G. away from Radomus while xe was still under the belief that Radomus was abusive.  Adrienn would never take sides with an organization that has been shown to mistreat pokemon (PULSE, locked up pokemon in Blacksteam, etc.).

1 hour ago, iDunno said:

I started getting suspicious during the events of E16, where Adrienn was the only character (other than the player) who walked away scot-free, and everything that supposedly happened to xyr was completely offscreen.

Ok

Xe did not get away "scot-free"

DJ Arclight witnessed Adrienn's cage getting super heated, and xe seemed just as fine as Victoria who got electrocuted. 

Just because we did not see xem getting baked alive doesn't mean it didn't happen.

55 minutes ago, uberle said:

Ok

Xe did not get away "scot-free"

DJ Arclight witnessed Adrienn's cage getting super heated, and xe seemed just as fine as Victoria who got electrocuted. 

Just because we did not see xem getting baked alive doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Xe did, though. When the player freed Victoria, Arclight and Adrienn, Victoria and Arclight dropped face-first into the floor, and Victoria was complaining that "everything hurts", while Arclight had passed out from getting his eye ripped out. Adrienn was visibly fine, and didn't mention at any point that xe got injured. Xyr literal response was "Oh, goodness. I was not ready to ride that ride...". It's quite a contrast.

The "Arclight witnessed Adrienn's cage being super heated" could be hand waved as Lin's theatricality - the cage was either designed to only appear to be super heated, or was specifically designed for Adrienn to withstand it with the help of xyr Pokemon. Remember, all of that happened offscreen, we only have the eyewitness account of another character. That is usually a big red flag. Add that to Adrienn being alone with Ame when they were blindsided (which also happened offscreen), Ame's ultimate fate, and Adrienn being the only character (other than the PC) who walked away unharmed, and the fact that Team Meteor knew they were coming, and that raises even more red flags.

Edited by iDunno

I also feel iffy vibes from Adrienn simply because the people seemed to almost idolize xem when we come back to neo Reborn in E16 🤔 People who are that good always raise suspicion on my behalf lol

You're saying xe walked away unharmed as if that's a known fact.  What we currently are told by Adrienn, which aligns with what Arc says, is that the floor of the cage began to heat up immensely and Adrienn's feat were nearly burned, though xyr pokemon were able to help xem be fine.  It all feels like it's too far of a stretch for xe to be working with Team Meteor when they essentially stand in opposition to everything xe believes in.

All I see is circumstantial evidence and not very much of it at that. I don't see any hints being dropped and since Adrienn was actually frozen for years, an ever younger Lin would have had to make this alliance with him (assuming she was even born back then). Unless you think they started working together after he was unfrozen.

I am just not convinced. At all.

This might really turn out to be true... xe did say that xe wanted the protag to be the champion. I’m not sure if those words have any hidden agenda, but it made me look onto it more carefully now. I’m also suspicious about Cain and almost every character. Anyone could turn out to be a traitor. Mysteries mysteries mysteries 🤔

1 hour ago, iDunno said:

Xe did, though. When the player freed Victoria, Arclight and Adrienn, Victoria and Arclight dropped face-first into the floor, and Victoria was complaining that "everything hurts", while Arclight had passed out from getting his eye ripped out. Adrienn was visibly fine, and didn't mention at any point that xe got injured. Xyr literal response was "Oh, goodness. I was not ready to ride that ride...". It's quite a contrast.

Being electrocuted would do more damage than being really hot so long as xe could avoid passing out or something. Since Lin wasn’t trying to kill them (all three I mean) it makes sense that the heat would do the least damage. And since Adrienn took the punishment willingly xe was likely more prepared for it in psychologically than Arclight or Victoria.

Edited by wcv

Also, I didn't think of it before, but xe is the second character with Lin to encourage the player to search and find all the special keys and keep it away from Team Meteor. At this part of the game, I can't really imagine xem betraying us... but this coincidence is just another vicious detail which could question everything again.

Well, Adrienn doesn't know us as a friend very well. And xe seemed gullible enough to believe El because he was nice.

Imagine, if you will, facing Lin. Perhaps she approached Adrienn during the Devon raid. Perhaps it happened on the second floor of Spyce!, who knows. It makes little difference.

Now, further suppose Adrienn was faced with the full brunt of Lin's violent and powerful charisma, amplified by the potent effects of a poached Cherubi cocktail with a slice of Oddish leaf, shaken but not stirred. And let's assume Lin's objectives don't require the city to be destroyed. After all, if that's her plan, it's going about as bad as can be, given Adrienn renovating the city. Perhaps Lin switched somewhere along the way. Maybe she never cared at all.

So, Lin, drinking hard Glalie Blood, and with no visible signs of weakness or intoxication, gives Adrienn her options for the future, assuming she's still into having one in the next five minutes... "Alcohol will not make me dream, and you will soon experience the bale breath of the new world... but that doesn't mean this city has to along with you. After all, I don't care about it, really I don't. Now, let me talk to you a minute about what I REALLY care about. If you're interested in guaranteeing the city's protection, that is... "

She simply offers Adrienn a deal xe can't refuse, one that ensures the city is renovated, including a BIG donation of cash from Lin herself that proves she's willing to invest massively into the reconstruction. Who could truly say no? And there's that Hydreigon citing primly nearby, and somehow, it doesn't appear scared of Adrienn's Mawile, not at all, which is saying something. Maybe it would be for the best to play along. After all, what's the worst Lin could do? Try to blow up the city? That's what is expected anyway. At least Adrienn can get some cash out of it to mitigate what Lin might want to break later...

And of course, by the time she's ordered to lure Ame in to her death, and the meddling trio to their respective fates, Adrienn is in too deep. She's got the city xe loves and just restored on the line! And it's Ame, so surely things will work. Surely. What could go wrong? It's just a cool-headed Hydreigon, right? Right? RIGHT?

And who cares about those three people anyway. That Arclight looks like a punk, one is some random martial artist, and the last is that meddling friend of Radomus, of all people. Maybe they aren't the best individuals. Maybe they will be killed after all. But, but Lin promised Adrienn they'd live, so long as Adrienn played along. And then there's that extra donation that the city really, really needs to get Grandview Station up and running again. She is going to make Reborn great again! Aren't some risky ventures ok?

Besides, again, if you will continue to imagine this scenario, even told Adrienn about the location of Devon, even had xem come to the hideout personally to pick up funds. Xe can't hide the fact that xe knows, can't have Ame ignore it. All xe has to do is give that anonymous tip to Ame, and let Ame handle it. Xe can't not get involved, knowing that Pulse Magnezone is lying in wait to knock out the power lines or something bad like that. It has to be taken out.

But, if xe hesitates, xe falls into Lin's plan. If xe does respond, however, xe still falls for Lin's plan. The only difference between the two, is that extra, desperately needed wad of pokemon dollars for Grandview, and assorted other projects like xeir gym, and Lin's promise of leaving the City out of future final, master plans.

Maybe it's all lies. But Adrienn works for the greater good of the city. A few sacrifices will have to do. And as just explained, to refuse to play along will just make it all worse, ruin everyone's trust in xem, likely see the city destroyed even. And Xey will be considered a Meteor affiliate, what's worse, or under suspicion. But if xe goes ahead keeps quiet and plays along, it might just work out. . .

Consider it. it's frightening. To think Adrienn is likely a major villain. It ALL MAKES SENSE!!!

Now go back to the Citae Astrae, and recall those paths about the statues turning each other to darkness! It wasn't referencing El being something other than he seemed, but referencing Adrienn's selfless seduction into Lin's master plans! You go through multiple rooms asking and testing you about what you see not being what meets the eye. Then are introduced to a character of intentionally ambiguous gender, morals, and identity! Who is already siding with the enemy....

Edited by Feng Lei

I'd see Lin making Adrien understand how there are two options: one in which xe and xem friends would die horrible deaths along a wretched city, and one in xe and the other main characters would die but the city wouldn't, or maybe would but could know beauty before. 

The point is that the only thing that worries Adrienn is the city and, knowing this, she would play her "brute force" game, making the Leader know the city's fate was hers to define, and the deal with Adrienn would make it better or worse. An Adrienn thinking xe's choosing the less of two bads is something I could get into. 

I'm so glad somebody mentioned this, because I noticed a while back that all of Adrein's relationship points seem to be really negative. Xe's always against us when we do positive things. Plus, xe gets super friendly when you tell Arc that you don't want to fight, almost like a predator happy about seeing their prey in a moment of weakness (sort of like the other assholes who all like you more when you act more submissive).

1 minute ago, Tapu Fufu said:

I'm so glad somebody mentioned this, because I noticed a while back that all of Adrein's relationship points seem to be really negative. Xe's always against us when we do positive things. Plus, xe gets super friendly when you tell Arc that you don't want to fight, almost like a predator happy about seeing their prey in a moment of weakness (sort of like the other assholes who all like you more when you act more submissive).

That uh...isn't true. Yes xer points go up when you refuse to fight Arclight, but that was because that was Adrienn's choice as well. More likely xe approves of the fact you are also refusing to play Lin's little game. The other increases are when you help clean up the city, the same thing that xe is doing. The point decreases meanwhile revolve around refusing to become the Champion, or refusing to believe El. None of that is suspicious due to xer not knowing all the facts at the time of GG's kidnapping.

Does Adreann run the city? Last I saw was Victoria being the one educating the player about the gyms and being at the front desk. Now both she and Adreann have disappeared somewhere. And do you honestly think that the people of the city who have actually worked so hard to build it will allow team meteor to roam about?

Maybe nobody recognizes team meteor but the path to the crystal door has been covered by concrete again and the back door is barricaded. The police are on constant look out for bad activity. If Lin blows the concrete etc again then people will come together much faster to stop her. So her only option is to destroy the city again so that there are no disturbances. So why would she contribute money to building the city if she only has to destroy it in the end?

In that respect she has absolutely no use for Adreann.

I think Lin is very confident that the player will join her cause. Meaning that we, the player, will meet child Lin at some point and that Lin will ask us to help her in some way. That help ties into adult Lin's plans already so we would be indirectly helping her. And hence we would wake Arceus and either cause the creation or destruction of Reborn.