Pokemon Essentials PBS File PLEASE HELP

Hi!

Pokemon Zero (Awesome fan game made in Essentials) has an accessible PBS file, and I was hoping to make some modifications to the game with it. I made some changes in the PBS file and saved, but when I start up the game, none of the changes were made. For example (this is what I did as an initial test), I could change Charmander's type to Fire/Dragon in the PBS file (following the format). When I start up the game, Charmander will still be only Fire. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

I tried to install RPG Maker XP but when I press continue from the startup screen it gives me the "RGSS-RTP Standard not installed" error. I looked up how to fix this error and the only thing I got was to remove "Standard" from "Game.ini". There is no game.ini in the installation folder and I heard negative responses to that solution anyways. What does this mean and what do I do?

You have to download the RGSS RTP found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

It's a pretty common problem, RMXP's download page doesn't include the RTP and doesn't tell you to download it, but you have to download it for it to work. It's basically a package of all the basic resources you might need like sprites, tiles, and audio, which you probably won't be using if you're running essentials. 

4 hours ago, grasssnake485 said:

You have to download the RGSS RTP found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

It's a pretty common problem, RMXP's download page doesn't include the RTP and doesn't tell you to download it, but you have to download it for it to work. It's basically a package of all the basic resources you might need like sprites, tiles, and audio, which you probably won't be using if you're running essentials. 

Thank you so much, it worked.