Welcome Notes from a Poke-Vet

Conkeldurp

Greetings,

How're you all doing? First time writer long time spectator..you know the drill!

I'm a 26y/o dude from Germany.
Pokemon was the the first game I played back in the day (had the Blue Version since imo Blastoise is cooler than Charizard 😜

and it been a staple of entertainment all the way up to Sun and Moon!

I used to play a fair bit on Pokemon Online (PO) and Showdown competetively so if there are any Q's about competitive battling, feel free to ask 🙂

Pokemon Reborn I found after playing through some R/S/E-themed romhacks and where thirsting for a more challenging content. (Started with Ep.12)

Thought I'd make the introductory post a bit more fresh by sharing some of the playthrough-strategies I've used so far.

Spoiler

Raw Power:

Probably one of the most entertaining playstyles, and for a good reason. the Stable of the raw-power squad are Mons that hit like a truck from turn one (and are also reasonably fast). To name but a few:

1. Darmanitan!: (THE Powerhouse - Sheer Force Darmanitan is the prime example for "raw-unbritled-power". Available pretty early in the game Flare Blitz will OHKO everything that isnt resistent to it.

2. Porygon-Z: though only available be4 Terra, after that its adaptability TriAttack & Hyperbeam to victory 😉

3. Nidoking: again.. Sheer Force!.. Sludge Wave and Earth Power will OHKO many unsuspecting Team Meteors 😄 Nido is blessed with a godly movepool but unfortunately hold back by a somewhat mediocre Sp. Att stat

4. Feraligatr: ...Sheer Force... Cascade, Ice Punch, Crunch, you all know by now 🙂

the list goes on but these are definitely the priority Mons to consider imo. I would love to hear of some Mons maybe you've used for this reason! 

Spoiler

Stat Booster:

I think quite everyone has at least one playthrough done with Speedboost, Bulk Up Blaziken?! 😉

The concept is quite simple, boost Speed and Attack sky-high and walk through the enemy team.

It gets especially nasty if you incorporate stat passing via "Baton-Pass" into the mix.

Notable Mons (besides Blazeking) are:

1. Scolipede (Speedboost + Iron Defense BP)

2. The Eveelution Line (BP + Always having the Type advantage)

3. Vivillion (from level 45 onwards, Tinted Lens Sleep Powder Quiver Dance and Bug buzz, Hurricane (lvl 50) is)

4. Feraligatr, Scrafty (Bulky DD users with a good movepool, on the contrary the need some time to get DD through breeding)

Spoiler

The Staller:

Fun Strat with some drawbacks, the main ones beeing that even normal trainer fights take a long time and against certain trainers (Flying and Poison type) its just not that effective. The strat relies on hazards (Stealth Rocks, (Toxic) Spikes) and bulky self sustaining Mons with moves like Roar and WW. I never went throgh with this start all the way since it is especially weak in doubles. Notable Mons are:

1. Garbador (Toxic Spikes and Toxic)

2. Amoongus (Regenerator and Toxic)

3. Golem (Sturdy and Stealth Rocks)

4. Toxapex (Same Role Different Type)

5. Tangrowth (Not weak to Ground Moves [believe me you'll notice that :D)

that pretty much sums up my playthrough experiences. I would love to get some new input from you (maybe a completely new playthrough style).

other than that I wish you a successful weekend and like everyone looking forward to ep. 18.

see yaa

Durp

Good day Conkeldurp.

Nice team you have there. Maybe you can combine your staller with pp reducer pokemon.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. I hope you and everyone here have a good day.

Hello and welcome to Reborn! ^^// I'm Lexi, here to invite you to check out the roleplay subforum.

If you like writing, storytelling, or roleplaying, please pay us a visit. I've got a handy little guide here to help get you started. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

With Hope,
Lexi

Enjoy your stay here!!!  Remember Volcarona among the speed boosting pokemon, when he evolves he clears the game alone. Also, you can stall with many pokemon as stall is the MOST STYLISH playstyle  EHM NOTHING

2 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

Remember Volcarona among the speed boosting pokemon, when he evolves he clears the game alone. 

thanks for your input!

Have to agree, sadly i've never managed to get one. been on an axew streak so far (gotten 3 in a row)

as for playstyles, once ep.18 launches i'd love to try a team with terrain altering abilities like the pledge moves and mist... has anyone experience in running this strat?

56 minutes ago, Conkeldurp said:

thanks for your input!

Have to agree, sadly i've never managed to get one. been on an axew streak so far (gotten 3 in a row)

as for playstyles, once ep.18 launches i'd love to try a team with terrain altering abilities like the pledge moves and mist... has anyone experience in running this 

It you want, I could give you a very nice Idea! You could use a pokemon with the move grassy terrain, like a roserade, and a salazzle with both heat wave and sludge wave according to the situations and the teams. This kind of strategy works better in doubles. Also, Gastrodon benefits of the blazing field using aqua ring and leftovers, also recover and muddy water are mandatory. Blazing field wont damage Aqua ring gastrodon who will recover 1/8 hp every turn and the oppo will lose much more while in corrosive field Muddy Water will be super effective aganist grass types. As a starter, blastoise is very good at interacting with terrains, he has acces to mist which can be toxiced by a poison gas or clear smog user, like Salazzle or Gastrodon, then Salazzle can both sweep with boosted fire and boosted corrosion (flamethrower deals ×2.25 damage in that field, that's quite impressive) and blow things up like a bulky swagsire with a suicide heat wave. Misty Terrain itself, instead, boosts aqua ring's effect as well as clear smog's base power (if you want to toxic the mist) and Roserade's Magical Leaf (but is prefered to set up the grassy terrain, this is pretty situational) but more importantly there is a pokemon who becomes really overpowered in misty field and corrosive mist: Palossand. With Amnesia Shore up and a decent natural bulk Palossand can become a real monster. He gets huge defenses and he can freely sweep, maybe a weakness policy might be useful. As a last slot, you might choose an interesting pokemon: Porygon2. A Porygon2 holding an eviolite can set up trick room and a glitch field pretty easly by using conversion and conversion 2. Amnesia Palossand and Nasty Plot Salazzle get incredible in the field. This strategy works better in doubles. Last thing to not forget, Roserade is incredible in the corrosive field thanks to boosted sludge bomb amd perfect accuracy sleep powder, but if you just want to use grassy terrain without altering it you can spam growth to eventually get a sweep. Soooo, this team is pretty nice and interacts with exactly... six different terrains if I counted well. There is no swamp field, nore inverse field but it is nice as the same, right? Try it and let me know if you have fun with it!!!!!