The Easiest Gym Leader Battle

Blocky

Who was the Gym Leader that you didn't have a hard time beating? 

For me, it was the Electric Gym Leader since I spammed Dragon rage and the Ice Gym Leader, Magneton's Flash Cannon, and Charge Beam + Floatzel's Aqua Jet and Rock Smash = Easy Victory 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do an analysis of the easier gym leaders. Kiki, Radomus, Julia, Adrienn, and why they were fairly straightforward to beat.

But I won't, because Luna was a joke.

Last playthrough it was ciel because cheer oricorio is a goddang monster on the circus field in that fight. 

But in general it's Luna. Her field is really boring and basically just buffs her damage and moonlight, 3 of her pokemon have a dual weakness, her team is fairly slow, dazzling gleam gets powered up on her field so it's good against her dark types, sableye and umbreon are a bit weak offensively, and as long as you KO honchkrow before it can gain momentum it isn't too bad to handle. She's consistently been the easiest later-half gym leader in the game.

As people have mentioned, Luna is pretty dang easy.  There's a plethora of Pokemon available that kind of just accidentally wreck her.  Dark type + dazzling gleam power up in that field = ouch.  For me though, outside of her post-E14 Shade has been one of the easiest leaders for me.  The fact that his Gengar is no longer just a run killer because of Shadow Ball is so nice.  I dunno if it's just me being more prepared or not after being destroyed in my first playthrough of E14 back in the day, but Shade has now become the easiest leader for me to trounce without much thought.

Easiest one for me was Amaria. After changing the terrain to the grass terrain, I sent out Serperior, and then watched everything die as I spammed field boosted leaf storms. Lost no pokemon during that battle.

Edited by T.O.W.A.N.
Spelling

Julia, bc I always get either a volt-absorb mon (like pachirisu) or straightforward a ground mon, so the moves I have to worry about reduces a lot. Other than her, I've found Adrienn quite easy with a few good aimed Steel moves.

Really, difficulty of those fights depends too much on your team and your playstyle, it would be hard to distinguish easiest and hardest leaders. For me, Ciel, whom most of the people find easy, was often a nightmare, when I was fighting Amaria for the first time, I only wanted to do a test fight without chosing specific mons and tactics to see what she is up to, and accidentaly I wiped her without a lose of a mon, but again I struggled with Noel. There are very few leaders of which we can say everyone beats easily, like Samson or Luna, but I wouldnt be so sure about Radomus or Kiki.