Did I mess up?

Smoke

The situation is I really want Ralts to add to my team, but I don't know if I have access to the save Amber event. I saw on the forums that if I kept the Magma Stone I can't save Amber. Do I actually have to reset my entire game to get a ralts now?

You definitely can still save Amber regardless of your decision with the magma stone. It only stops being a thing if you clear valor mountain before rescuing her.

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

You definitely can still save Amber regardless of your decision with the magma stone. It only stops being a thing if you clear valor mountain before rescuing her.

Okay. How do I do that?

Just now, Alex said:

If that's the bottom, yeah. It has to be the calm version.

Oh yeah. I've gone there once before without saving, but I didn't find anything in the chamber. 

22 hours ago, Smoke said:

Oh yeah. I've gone there once before without saving, but I didn't find anything in the chamber. 

When you go down, you should find a platform with a kyogre-like symbol, similar to the Groudon one in the Garufa Ruins. There should be a stone slab near it that you can interact with. IIRC, when you do so, it will ask if you want to stand in the center of the symbol. When you do, you'll face Kyogre. Beating it will save Amber. 

15 hours ago, Hydrosia said:

When you go down, you should find a platform with a kyogre-like symbol, similar to the Groudon one in the Garufa Ruins. There should be a stone slab near it that you can interact with. IIRC, when you do so, it will ask if you want to stand in the center of the symbol. When you do, you'll face Kyogre. Beating it will save Amber. 

I do that, but the event doesn't trigger.