1. 1. Favorite Pokemon Gen?

• Gen 1
    • Gen 2
    • Gen 3
    • Gen 4
    • Gen 5
    • Gen 6
    • Gen 7

What is your favorite generation of Pokemon? This is my list of my least favorite to my favorite.

(Only including main series games or remakes)

7. Gen 1

My god, was Gen 1 boring. I know many praise it for being the first game, but REALLY? The evil team is SO lame. They appear out of nowhere and don't even really have a plan. They're evil. They want to steal money and Pokemon. That's incredibly dull when you consider the other plotlines of the other teams. And the Pokemon? Well, I can't argue there. Me and my sister are big fans of Squirtle and Gengar, and there's also Moltres, Charmander, Eevee, Dragonite, Omastar and more. The only redeeming traits I see with Gen 1 is that some Pokemon are pretty cool and that it paved the way for games that were a heck of a lot better than itself.

6. Gen 7

It was hard picking between Gen 1 and Gen 7. I was leaning towards putting Gen 1 at this spot since it actually had gyms, but I realized that wouldn't really work. After all, Gen 7 DOES bring some stuff to the table, such as cool new Pokemon and trials (Even though trials are stupid. I hate them and whoever thought it was a good idea to put them in the game should be fired.) Anyways, let's start with Team Skull. Basically a funnier Team Rocket. They had good dialogue and Guzma showed everyone that bug types could wreck the competition. However, I still found them unintimidating and boring. There were some nice Pokemon that came in, but the reason I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Gen 7 lies in this fact: There is now freaking Gyms. I Loved Gyms. They were creative, challenging, and provided a fun experience overall. And then they got replaced with trials. You fight a Strong Pokemon and get a Z-Crystal (Which is Gen 7's Mega Evolution, Basically.) ALSO, They disregarded Mega Evolution entirely this time. Z-Moves were the big thing, but who wants ONE extra-strong move when you can have a cool new Pokemon for the whole battle? Overall, Gen 7 left a bad taste in my mouth, and with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee coming out, I don't think that will be changing anytime soon.

5. Gen 2

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN. I don't even want to review Gen 2. It's basically a better, slightly less boring Gen 1...

4. Gen 3

Gen 3 Is wonderful. It provides many new features and cool new Pokemon. What else is there to say? Gen 3 rocks. It's fun to play, but is outclassed by...

3. Gen 6

Many look down on Gen 6 due to It's easy nature. While I don't like the low challenge level, Pokemon Spork showed me that a game does NOT by any means have to be difficult to be good. Gen 6 was my first Pokemon game, and I think that's why I love it so much. Team Flare was basically Team Galactic, reborn. They were incredibly similar (but Team Galactic was cooler) and Lysandre even had 2 of his Pokemon be the exact same as Cyrus. (Honchkrow and Gyarados.) But even though Team Flare piggybacks on Team Galactic, there aren't the reason I love Gen 6 so much. There are three things that will always bring me back to X and Y: The Pokemon, Mega Evolution, Music, and did I mention Music? Yes, although there weren't many new Pokemon in Gen 6, what was there was pretty good. Me and my sisters make Bunnelby jokes ALL the time, and these are just some of my favorites in Gen 6: Greninja, Yveltal, Dragalge, Meowstic, Aegislash, Aegislash, Aegislash, Noivern, and did I mention Aegislash? And Mega Evolution. It's amazing. Megas are downright cool, and that's a fact. And the music. OH MY GOD THE MUSIC... It's amazing. I like Lysandre's theme, The XY Pokemon theme, RIval theme, Champion theme, and more. Gen 6 really got it right with music.

2. Gen 4

I love Gen 4. It's jam-packed with excitement. And I'd love to say more.... but I'm saving my time for this last one...

1.Gen 5

Gen 5 is so good. You can tell me anything, but I will not change my mind. Many hate Gen 5, but WHY?! Because of the "Dumb" Pokemon designs? I LOVE Vanilluxe and Klinklang, personally, but the others aren't bad either. The ONLY Gen 5 Pokemon I dislike is Garbodor. Not Trubbish. Not Basculin. Nope. And even if nobody in the world liked the object Pokemon, who overlooks Serperior, Dewott, Volcarona, Genesect, Galvantula, Reshiram, Cobalion, Keldeo, Meloetta, Hydreigon, Haxorus and the list just keeps going! Gen 5 has the ULTIMATE package. If Black and White weren't enough, you can play Black and White 2. And they are the definition of good remakes. I LOVE them. I still enjoy the originals more. And Team Plasma. We've had terrorists and criminals, and now we face PETA in their coolest form...

Robes with eyes on them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I freakin' love Cryogonal. No that was not a typo CRYOGONAL. It's good. If you say otherwise, Watch the Mine Song from Lazytown and catch yourself a Cryogonal sign today.

Also, Spork and Reborn are even better than Gen 5. LOL

Seriously though, official Pokemon games are pretty lame compared to Fangames. That's why they get taken down because Game Freak is jealous that there is a free Pokemon game that's better than their 40 dollar Not as good Pokemon Game. Fangame Creators aren't corporate companies, so they know what people want in a Fangame. People like following Pokemon, Easy ways to view IVs and EVs (Whatever the heck those are. I just catch Pokemon I like. I think IVs and EVs and stuff are DUMB), and all Pokemon being obtainable in a single game. That's why I mostly play Fangames now. They make Gen 5 look bad. And That's saying something.

Edited by Princess Titania

1. 4th gen (Sinnoh)
2. 3rd gen (Hoenn) 
3. 6th gen (Kalos)
4. 2nd gen (Johto)
5. 5th gen (Unova)
6. 7th gen (Alola)
7. 1st gen (Kanto)

only 1-2 really matter for me on this list. the rest are just honestly how I'd rank them, but they're still pretty cool! 

1) Gen 5

2) Gen 2

3) Gen 3

4) Gen 1

I haven't played 4, 6, or 7.  I'm sure 4 would have taken spot 2 or 3, though, from what I know of the gen.  I just don't feel like I can judge these three fairly without having played them.  I can't really judge on actual Pokemon, since that's too subjective.  Every gen has their stinkers and completely bad/lazy designs, though I will clarify that I don't consider mons based on inanimate objects as a concept to be "lazy" or "running out of ideas" just based on what they are......or a lot of "it's just a bird" would have to be counted  

While the concept of Megas was got me interested in Pokemon after stopping when games moved to the DS, it was playing Gen 5 that ultimately brought me back into Pokemon.  It had the best story of any Pokemon game I had played (and still has the best canon story, imo), had a region full of new mons that really brought back Gen 1 vibes by forcing you to not rely on old ones  (at least in B/W), some of the best small mechanics/features (each gym having a unique remix), and made it so I could actually use TMs instead of keeping them in case a mon later down the line needs it more.

Guest Relinquished

2 = best

4 = great 

1 = good

3 = hated

5 = absolutely hated, but never played

6 = appealed to me, but never played

7 = really liked, but never played

Now that fangames are a thing and well into my gamer's life, i might as well never play canon games, like ever again... Their content is so much more enjoyable, in the novelties that said fangames bring... (like darker stories, all pokemon gathered inside one game, tools that help you like speed up button/IV-chart, etc).

So I will put each gen is an order from 1 (being the best) to 7 (being the worst, not talking about gen7 being the worst btw).

1) Gen 4 - This generation provided a decent story with Cyrus using the Creation trio to create a new world for him a he hates the current one. Cynthia is one of the most challenging champions to this date. The graphics of generation 4 were good for its time and was even improved upon between DP and Platinum. It's really memorable to me as there are lots of memorable pokemon, not limited to: Luxray, Garchomp, Rampardos, Chatot, Honchkrow, Togekiss, Gallade, Lucario, the list goes on. Even with the Gold and Silver remakes, it expands upon 2 already great regions and transforms them into even better experiences due to team changes, graphical and mechanical updates. It also helped because it was one of the gens that helped me through hard times as a kid. I enjoyed the battle frontier as well as even two of our frontier brains are relevant. Palmer being Barry's dad and Darach being the frontier brain for a soon to be elite 4 member, Caitlyn. The music of gen 4 was also great.

2) Gen 5 - The biggest strength of Generation 5 is its rich lore. The story about the twin heroes, this representing the ideology of truths and ideals. This is also used really well by Ghetsis to aid in the brainwashing of N (protect this sweet child) to hate all trainers. A great thing about this gen is that this is the first time you really see any of the gym leaders take any action against the evil organisation of the game, that Plasma castle scene will always be there in the back of my mind. B2W2 was the perfect time in terms of difficulty as it catered to all sorts of players with it's difficulty option, shame you had to beat the game or know someone who has to get them. Gen 5 has a roster of great mons including: Excadrill, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Serperior, Leavanny and many more. However, Gen 5 also had some mons that had stupid design *looking at you Vanilluxe*. The setting of Unova is really great and I can't see why people hate on gen 5 so much, there's not much more you can improve upon other than some pokemon designs.

3) Gen 7 - This generation corrected a lot of mistakes that gen 6 made but it still has it's own faults. Generation 7 limits the handholding to Melemele island and has some challenging opponents: some of the totem pokemon, Guzma, the E4. Generation 7 was like a nice fresh breeze with the trials as it brought new challenges through puzzles rather than oh it's a new gym leader. However, they could have made the trainer battle the trial captains before or after their trial to test their strength. I'm glad they did make most of the trial captains more accessible to battle through Mina's trial in USUM. Alola is a vibrant region with many a beautiful sights to see. I personally enjoy the Z-crystal mechanic. Gen 7 has a great range of characters from our resident angsty boi Gladion to cheerful but forgets to put a shirt on Kukui. It also released a range of great pokemon: Kommo-o, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, Minior, Lycanroc and more! Generation 7 also made another team that is memorable: Team Skull. I really laughed at the interactions with the grunts and enjoyed Plumeria and Guzma. My main gripe with gen 7 is USUM, they changed very little and advertised it as a brand new game unlike B2W2 which changed a lot. I also liked how it buffed moves that were seldom used into something usable *looks at leech life*

4) Gen 2 - Generation 2 was a great expansion upon the story and some of the characters of gen 1 and introduced Johto. It features some great mons such as: Tyranitar, Kingdra, Ampharos, Crobat, Miltank and many more. It made some people within the league more integrated into the story, with Lance helping out in Mahogany Town. Characters from Kanto had developed in the 2 years, Agatha and Lorelei leaving the league to be replaced by Koga (former poison leader) and Will. Lance has stepped up to become Champion following Red's disappearance and Karen replaces him as the final E4 member. Blue has changed from overconfident asshole to Viridian City leader. Giovanni having disappeared and is being located by admins of Rocket. Silver is one of the best rivals in the history of pokemon. His backstory about Giovanni being his Dad and how he evolves from a grouchy, mean trainer to a kind-hearted yet still somewhat grouchy trainer who has developed compassion for his pokemon throughout his journey. Dark types has also been introduced in this gen. One thing I dislike about this gen is how generic a lot of the music is.

5) Gen 3 - I wish I could place this generation higher but I can't. The end game is just complete sea routes with little break from this. GF should have broken this up into earlier parts of the game so it's not one big clump. The physical/Special split has not been implemented yet so confuses player whether the move is physical or special unless they look up the types that are special or physical. Some of the gym leaders are memorable such as Winona, the twins, Wallace and Flannery. Hoenn as a region looks really nice and makes good use of the tilesets they have. I enjoyed the story of Teams Aqua and Magma fighting over whether there should be more land or sea and how the weather trio link into this. It also has great characters such as Steven and Wally. The music in this gen is also really great. It also brings great mons such as: Dusclops, Tropius, Shedinja, Blaziken, Swampert, Cradily, Salamence, Metagross, Hariyama and many more.

6) Gen 1 - Again as with gen 3, I really wish I could place this gen higher but I really can't. Gen 1 is what started it all, back in the good ol' days of the Game Boy. I enjoyed whooping Green's (Gary Oak) ass due to his obnoxious attitude. It has a nice array of mons including: Ninetales, Nidoking, Charizard, Rhydon, Scyther, Snorlax, the 3 birds, Mewtwo, Starmie and more. I enjoyed the fact that you had to look for the backstory of some characters, Blaine being a prime example. I enjoyed the exploration nature of the game where you had to explore in order to find items to progress, the HM for surf being a great example. However, Kanto as a region is bland in design and is not improved upon in later generations. Agatha, who is meant to be a ghost type E4, acts more of a poison type elite four member and this is not fixed in future gens. The lack of ghost types in this generation disgusts me as it takes 2 generations before ghost types start getting more and more additions. Some of the gym leaders are not memorable such as Erika, she's just there.

7) Gen 6 - I'm gonna start with the positives as that list is shorter. Generation 6 had some nice locations such as the place based on the palace in Versailles. Generation 6 also changed the type chart so that steel no longer resists dark and added in the fairy typing. I also liked the concept of Mega Evolutions as it gave people a chance to use mons that are hardly used before hand such as Mawile. It also had a huge graphical change from gen 5. It also had some great mons such as: Greninja, Aegislash, Talongflame, Diggersby, Sylveon and a few more. I also enjoyed AZ's story involving his Floette and the machine. It also expanded upon Ruby and Sapphire's story in ORAS.

Now onto the negatives of Gen 6. Team Flare are extremely forgettable and just a very bland version of Team Galactic, the only memorable person within the team is Lysandre. The change to the experience share and the introduction of megas made the game ridiculously easy, with poorly coordinated teams of main characters outside of the Battle Maison. There was so much potential to make the games more difficult than what they were with the roster of pokemon available. The difficulty making people regret the remake of Ruby and Sapphire as the originals provide a far better experience than the new version. Before you're all like "but pokemon is for kids", it was still aimed for kids in earlier generations and many managed to complete the games because it taught them problem solving. It is an insult to the intellect of these kids when they are capable of a higher difficulty but are being denied that.

I am super salty that we did not get to rebattle the Battle Frontier in ORAS, that was one of GF's biggest mistakes as the varied battle style of that was brilliant. Who wants to battle some lolis when you can battle some people who are actually intimidating. There were too many rivals but they didn't even give them that much difference in their outlooks, they were all bland. You get 4/5 rivals and they're all friendly and boring rivals that are just there. The gym leaders are extremely forgettable, the only one memorable is Clemont and that's only because of his huge role in the anime. All in all, gen 6 was a mistake.

1. 2nd gen - I really like this generation. It was the first sequel, telling us that the game series will continue. Introduced a lot of new features. Had 2 great starters and made me like zubat ugh 😄 Also the inclusion of Kanto in the postgame was genius, it was very nice to see familiar characters/places. And to top it all, that final battle against red (spoiler alert) was just perfect, even the dialogue was awesome 😄 Besides, I didn't have access to the internet, so I had to do all the exploration by myself, I still remember the ruins of alph very fondly. 

I'm also counting SS and HG here, so being able to walk with my legends/starter behind me was really nice!  

2. 1st gen (Kanto) - It has  3 great starters, venusaur being my all-time favourite, and a lot of my favourite pokemons like gengar, alakazam, ninetales, snorlax, etc. The first time that I played it I didn't even speak english 😄 So it was cool to replay the game several years after that and finally understand what is going on. Poor marowak 😕 I liked the story, enjoyed the inclusion of Jessie and James and the league was a real challenge.

Gen 1 was not balanced and that added to the difficulty, Terra's glitch field can attest to that 😄 So that finally battle against Mewtwo was crazy, He was the strongest pokemon, with a type with no real weaknesses and a moveset to really annoy the player 😄 Good luck catching it if you didn't save your masterball. So far, for me, it was the hardest challenge in any pokemon game.  

3. 4th gen (Sinnoh) - I really only like one starter, chimchar, but can understand the appeal of the other 2 😛 It has lucario, garchomp, staraptor, luxray and best of them all bibarel! It wasn't a hard game but I enjoyed the story and their characters, Cynthia is the best champion in all generations! It also has the best introduction of a legendary with Giratina and a very cool distortion world to explore. 

4. 7th gen (Alola) - I like all 3 of the starters and most of the new mons. The story was ok but nothing special. They renewed the formula by removing gyms and adding trials and It worked. I really enjoyed the silliness of team Skull 😄 and the absurdly-OP Ultra Necrozma 😄 I was not counting on that one, when it appeared in the wormhole... But still, too many unsinkable cutscenes!   

5. 5th gen (Unova) - It has one great starter in serperior, one meh starter in emboar and an abomination in samurott 😄 (Dewott deserved better!). It has a lot of cool mons. The story was engaging, specially the sequel, and I liked the rival, N not cheren or the other one. I also like Hugh in the sequel but he made me feel guilty about the name I gave to him 😳 Ghetis was a nice challenge but he was the only one, the rest of the game was kinda easy. 

2. 3rd gen (Hoenn)- I like this game, Its so low in this list because the other games are really good 😄 It had the best trio of starters of all the games, a lot of new cool pokemons and features. The story was pretty straightforward , I liked the cutscene with the 3 legends and the puzzles for the regis.

BUT, I always felt that the motivation between the evil teams was really stupid, it also started the annoying trend of not having asshole rivals (Again, sorry Hugh) and I really didn't like the endless water routes 😕 

3. 6th gen (Kalos) - How can a game be this easy? 😮 

Favorite Pokemon Generation to Least Favorite:

1) Generation 5 (Unova)

2) Generation 1 (Kanto)
3) Generation 4 (Sinnoh)

4) Generation 3 (Hoenn)

5) Generation 2 (Johto)

6) Generation 7 (Alola)

7) Generation 6 (Kalos)

Edited by JoStarNight

Never played gen 4 outside of the gen 2 remakes, so I'll rank everything else.

6. Gen 6- This is possibly the easiest game I have ever played. Between the dumb AI, EXP share, being able to easily access Pokemon like Snorlax, Aerodactly, and Steelix super early, Pokemon from boss fights not even having 4 moves, and a bunch of other factors. The story is also a rushed piece of garbage with no memorable characters. The roster of Pokemon is the smallest out of any so far, and most of them aren't even that memorable. Megas are a cool idea and Fairies do help balance out types like Dragon and Fighting, but in my eyes it isn't enough to save these very shallow games.

5. Gen 7- Gen 7 does have a few things going for it. The Totem Pokemon are awesome fights that actually provide a decent challenge and they actually changed the standard Pokemon formula a little bit. Outside of that though, there are still too many problems. The story isn't as bad as gen 6, but still not good, Z-moves are unbalanced as hell, annoying characters like Hau, and the tutorials and hand-holding in these games are painful. The Pokemon roster is also IMO thee worst one yet. The roster is small, and has a lot of questionable designs (Crabominable). Sorry, but this one doesn't do it for me.

4. Gen 3- I actually like the region design, the roster of Pokemon is pretty good, and Sapphire was the first main Pokemon game I played.  My biggest complaint I have with this one is I feel this one stepped down it's content a lot compared to Gen 2. Being able to go to a second region in gen 2 really made it stand out, and this one just doesn't have anything like that. Outside of those things, I don't have too much to say on this one.

3. Gen 1- A lot of it is dated and the psychic type was OP, but I do have a lot of good memories with it. 

2. Gen 2- You get 2 regions, the Dark and Steel types are 2 of my favorites, and there are a few fights in this game that are an actual challenge. The biggest problem with this game is the level scaling. There comes a point when the trainers and wild Pokemon are way too under-leveled; particularly after the sixth badge.

1. Gen 5- A large roster of memorable Pokemon and only having them to use for the main game helped it feel unique. The only main game with plot that actually had effort put into it, and the post game content for these games are great with lots of post game bosses and areas that really do add a lot of content to the game. I debated between this and Gen 2, but when I think about, Gen 5 did the most right for me.

That's my general opinion on the main games, though my favorite game overall is Reborn.   

Are we talking about games or just pokemon? Well I consider both.

Gen 7 has my favorite single player campaign for sure, and I love alola, plus it easily has the best cast of characters and a fun story.  My only complaint is that the amount of new pokemon is kind of small but it unlike gen 6 they are overall a really interesting/fun set of mons and feel very fleshed out, actually gen 7 did wonders in fleshing out pokemon from a worldbuilding perspective and introduced some really interesting things. I like how gen 7 embraced pokemon being a JRPG more than previous ones, though I know some people were super bugged by cutscenes and such but I found myself so much more engrossed with  the journey which I haven't done since BW1, probably the only pokemon game whose narrative even comes close.. I do kind of wish the outfits had more variety and alola a bit bigger but gen 7 surprised me in how much I found myself enjoying it.  And that music..yeah it and gen 5 run really close.

Gen 5 has my favorite generation of pokemon as it offered the most new pokemon and Unova really felt like a place of its own as a result. BW1 was the first pokemon game where the story felt like something worth being invested in and not an afterthought, as well as having more meat to its cast compared to previous gens. It also to this day has the best rival, N. Unova is my favorite region and the music for gen 5 is fantastic. PWT is also one of the best battle facilities ever, with emerald's battle frontier being the only thing that comes close.

gen 4 is what got me back into pokemon so it holds a special place in my heart, plus by adding online and the phys/special split it dramatically changed the gameplay for the better. While I wasn't totally sold on the pokemon themselves initially, over time it became one of mu favorites and now is probably one of my favorite generations pokemon wise. That said, while I know it's really popular, I kind of find HG/SS not all that great despite G/S/C being my favorite pokemon games for years.

gen 3...ahhh okay. Sooo like I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, Emerald version is iMO one of the best pokemon games and probably the best  -pre-DS pokemon game. The pokemon are also quite exotic looking and while it was my favorite generation of pokemon for a while they've been surpassed by later gens I feel. Also I feel FR/LG are some of the dullest  main games in the franchise and it was this gen when I feel out of love with pokemon. In fact it was 3rd gen when pokemon's popularity seem to have a sharp decline. I didn't discover emerald until after 4th gen.

gen 2 was my favorite when I was little and really refined the gameplay, but I've realized that in gameplay these games have been surpassed by later gens and pokemon wise it's solid, but  I now find myself preferring gen 1's set of pokemon over it. 

gen 1 was good for its time, but I'm just tired of it, and how much it's been shoved down our throats over the years. The games are still a fun little novelty now due to how different they play, and I still like the set of gym leaders.

gen 6 refined the gameplay and gave us the lovely fairy type, and the best online. X/Y was sound mechanically and introduced some great ideas, but the cast was some of the worst in pokemon yet, the new pokemon were just too few and Kalos is easily one of the least developed regions yet. A France based region sounds amazing on paper but the execution left much to be desired, Omega ruby/alpha sapphire is probably the only remake that I can't say is the best game of that region gameplay wise as I feel emerald's postgame is more interesting(unless you really like catching legendaries) and its actual campaign is more fun since OR/AS is so mind numbingly easy as to be borderline boring. I do love hoenn but overall gen 6's lineups of games are the ones I feel least inclined to go back to.

1: Gen 3: Loved the region of Ruby/Sapphire and the story since it had two evil teams and it was the first time that there were story differences (crystal doesn`t count since, come on: the hunt for suicune was like a sidequest ) altough they were small but it better explained why the player catches a different cover legendary. Also the legendarys were finally really interwined in the story. Another pro is, that i liked to play a grass type starter for the first time. Especially Emerald became my favorite game since you can battle against both teams and I love the scene where Rayquaza stopped Kyogre and Groudon. Altough i still don`t like FireRed and LeafGreen since they are kinda plain in my opinion. Still gen 3 is the generation where I had many good memories ♥️

2. Gen 2

& Gen 1: I can`t decide which is better, I mean Gen 1 was what brought me into pokemon, most my favorite pokemon are in this generation and I loved walking with Pikachu in Yellow, but I also love the pokemon of Gen 2, the story was a little bit better and you could travel between both regions. So they hold both second place. And I like both of them more than their remakes, since their graphic, altough outdated in the present, hast the most charm ♥️.

3: Gen 7: After 6 generations where you fight gym leaders Game Freak  tried something new, I like gym battles more and i definetily want them back in the next gen, but the island trials were something new and fresh . And after most pokemon from gen 5 and 6 didn`t really catch me ( don`t be afraid delphox YOU are my favorite ♥️) I was delighted to see that most of the new pokemon were really nice especially the Alolan Forms (ninetales ♥️), Gen 1 pokemon can still surprise you. The overall plot was good but somehow I exspected more. I mean I liked it it, but still, something was missing. This brings me to UltraSun and UltraMoon. These games filled the holes I missed in Sun/Moon and it was better balanced, altough it irritated me the whole time that a region like Alola was mixed with "space astronauts". Who knows what the workers from Game Freak smoke ?

4: Gen 4: Liked Diamond/Pearl (still like them). Altough i couldn`t sympathize with some of the pokemon (for example: Bronzong -.-) I liked the new graphics and the whole time/space plot only the outfits of Team Galaxy irritated me 😅. Truth be told i never played platin on the DS since at the time I didnt`t have the money and my parents said i had aleready enough videogames ( what would they say in the present ? xD ). Later i played it on the NO$GBA emulator but it was not the same feeling as with Diamond (which shouldn`t surprise anyone) but i still liked it manly because of the distortion world since the gamplay in this another dimension was so cool. HG/SS were nice but I only liked that your companion walks behind you the games itselves were kinda.... normal ( altough i loved gen 2 as a child ).

5: Gen 5: Okay Black and White have a really good plot, where you see yourself thinking if the evil team is good, altough these thoughts get smashed by G-Cis😅, but I can`t oversee that I can`t bring myself to like most of the gen 5 mons. Because of this I like Black 2/White 2 better since you can have pokemon from other gens from the start.

6: Gen 6: In my opinion too easy. Yeah I know most of the games aren`t too hard but in comparison to the other gens it was kinda a joke. The story was too "don`t know what to say" for me and the new is graphic is good but still can`t bring me to like the this gen more than the others. Some of the new pokemon were really cool but many of them are kinda... .

Let's see:

1. Gen 4: Largely in spite of itself really. Diamond and Pearl were easily the worst Pokemon games. In addition to the godawful Pokemon selection (TWO fire types, REALLY?) they had a bland story. While this was an issue in Gen I & II as well those get a pass due to the story not being important, while in DP its clearly the focus. You want to tell a story, fine. But make sure its at least tolerable and makes a modicum of sense. DP fails utterly in this regard. The generation is saved by the other three games. HG & SS remain the best remakes, with solid updates and really improving on the feel of the original Generation II games. Platinum meanwhile expands on the Sinnoh story in interesting ways, and since its about Giratina actually feels like its COMPLETE, something the games with only one legendary featured from a trio utterly fail at. Add on plenty of good Pokemon with interesting designs and a rival who is at least semi-competent in Barry and the overall experience is good.

2. Gen. V: These games had issues. The beginning of the trend toward removing the postgame in particular. But that aside the Pokemon designs were good, hidden abilities were introduced, and the story was at again at least decent. Largely the game was let down by the rivals, the Pokemon pretty obviously copied from earlier games and modified due to lack of availability, and one (two if you count Iris who also sucks) of the worst champions in the franchise in Alder. Black and White 2 however expanded on the story in an interesting way, and let you see the aftermath in a way we haven't gotten since the Johto games.

3. Generation III: You know what I said about Gen 4 above? Yeah, apply most of that here. Ruby and Saphire are bad games. They each feel like they are telling half a story due to the split between Groudon and Kyogre, the villainous teams make no sense, etc. Add in the worst rival yet in May/Brendan and the initial Gen. III games are kinda terrible. The Gen is saved by the remakes of Gen. I and of course Emerald. Much like Platinum Emerald felt like its story was actually complete due to featuring both Kyogre and Groudon in seperate roles, and with the addition of Rayquaza into the story giving a far better conclusion. Emerald also gave us the first ever Battle Frontier, which was good and remains at least okay, even if it has the problem of taking forever to earn  BP to buy anything. Fire Red and Leaf Green meanwhile were good updates to the Gen. I games, adding in a lot of solid features, though not without missteps.

4. Generation II: Generation II was amazing at the time. New Pokemon and a new region, all building up to a return to the area out of the first games and culminating a battle against yourself. The games are mostly let down by limitations of the time, primarily in the lack of things to do in Kanto outside the gyms, and the gyms themselves are boring once you realize that none of the leaders are actually good at training. Brock's ace remains an Onyx for crying out loud. Add on the fact that Red's team was utterly awful and it was kind of a letdown in retrospect. Also you couldn't get Tyranitar until the very end of the game for no reason whatsoever.

5. Generation VI: Generation VI has got to be a horribly missed oppurtunity. The addition of Mega Evolutions was neat, but the addition of Mega forms primarily to Pokemon that were already good such as Mewtwo, Gengar, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Scizor, etc. was a waste. The best Mega Evolutions were those put on Pokemon who had been either suprassed in power, or who just needed a small boost to carry them over the top. Unfortunately on that front many of these Mega Evolutions would have been better as simple evolutions, in particular those of single-stage Pokemon like Absol. That might have allowed these Pokemon to see play, but with the Mega Evolution limitation of one per battle most of these Megas will never see play simply because of how outclassed they are by other choices.

On the other front the AS/OR remakes were disappointing to me. Gone was the complete story of Emerald, the Battle Frontier, etc. Instead we just got bog standard remakes with little new content or ideas (and most of those were gone come Gen. VII). It also continued the trend of giving Mega forms primarily to Pokemon already great like Metagross, the Latis, and of course Rayquaza. Gen. VI is the generation I was most disappointed in, and I remain sad about how much potential GF squandered.

6. Gen. I: Gen I was great for the time. But it has not aged well. Bugs galore, unbalanced types, lack of moves, etc. all really let it down.

7. Well only one left so: Generation VII. Generation VII is probably the pinnacle of everything I've grown to dislike about Pokemon. The excessive handholding has given way to full-on unskippable cutscenes that last forever. The forced tutorial at the beginning is the worst its ever been, and the overworld animations that were added this gen are downright annoying. Add on GF's decision to slow down every Pokemon regardless of whether it made sense, rendering most of the Pokemon to being awful (hello Vikavolt) . The story's crap, the Pokemon are bleh for me, and there weren't enough "Alolan forms" to make the concept interesting (and since GF will drop the idea immediately these will probably also be the only ones.)

But none of that is what earns Generation VII this spot. No, that "honor" goes to Hau. My single most hated character in all of Pokemon. I HATE Hau. Every time he's onscreen I want an option to have my character punch him. His colossal stupidity, his utter lack of skill at battling, his garbage team, his carefree attitude as he lets the creatures that he's supposed to care about get beaten to a pulp again and again and again all grate my gears unlike any other character in the franchise. Not even Ash Ketchum is Hau levels of irritating. If Hau didn't exist I probably would have put Gen. 7 higher, but he does. And I despise him.

1: Gen3 - I LOVE most of gen3 pokemons, i have really liked the games, and my childhood is full of battle frontier challenges. but really

2: Gen5 - Hydreigon, Cryogonal, Eelektross, Escavalier, Volcarona... also, this is the first generation I have actually played competitively, attending tournaments, so it's like my first generation playing seriously

3: Gen1 - Bulbasaur is my favourite starter, Leaf Green was my first game, I like so much Blue and I am a nostalgic. What else? it is awesome

4: Gen7 - You wont probably expect so high gen7 but it had introduced my favourite pokemon ever: Silvally. He is my true love. Yes, I also like Guzma

5: Gen4 - Don't tell me it's too low, I like gen4! I like cynthia, chompy, Cyrus, and everything else. I just like others more

6: Gen2 - Again, I LOVE gen 2. So sorry for putting it low... but I have liked so much playing it. However, less than gen4

7: Gen6 - Self-explainatory, right? There is only one thing I like of it and its name is Aegislash. Oh sorry I also love Chestnaught