Mystery Gifts: help needed with (non-Reborn) fangame tweaks

I finally got RMXP and the latest Essentials to run together on my PC.  Before I try designing a brand-new fangame, though, I thought of tweaking some existing favorites.  The easiest debug-mode tweak I've tried so far is adding items and Pokémon as Mystery Gifts; now I want to enable them for players who don't have debug mode handy.  How would I do each of these --

1. Turn Mystery Gift access on when the trainer has cleared the first gym, and notify the player that they've unlocked gifts for the first time (without introducing a separate NPC; the posted questionnaire/delivery guy in the Mart should do the job).
  2. Make sure that any Pokémon awarded as Mystery Gifts get the current player data (name, gender, ID numbers) for the original trainer by default.  In debug mode, any Mystery Gift with even one preset stat keeps my "playtest character" as the OT; is there a way around this that won't leave my friends stuck with single-digit IV's on a 30th level Lucario?

Edited by ISNorden
accidental repetition