Is Pokemon Spork hard?

Rofa

I'm new to Pokemon and so I tried playing Reborn or Rejuvenation but both turned out to be too hard for me. I never could beat the first gyms. I'm more comfortable with games that are on simillar level of difficulty as original franchise games. Later I heard about Pokemon Spork and it seems like a great game but I'm worried that it will turn out to be as hard as two previous games. 

Is it Pokemon Spork hard, or am I worring for no reason? Or if it is hard maybe someone know a fangames that are good for begginers? Especially if that game have full pokedex (800+ pokemon from franchise).

Great ^^ Thanks for answering so quickly.

Also I noticed that I posted it in wrong place. It should be in Pokémon Fan Club, not Gaming General but I noticed it after posting and I don't know how to delete this. So I will completely understand if it will get deleted by admins.

9 minutes ago, Rofa said:

Great ^^ Thanks for answering so quickly.

Also I noticed that I posted it in wrong place. It should be in Pokémon Fan Club, not Gaming General but I noticed it after posting and I don't know how to delete this. So I will completely understand if it will get deleted by admins.

I think you have some moderator tools on this topic because you created it. Have a look in there to see if you can use them to move the topic. Overall, an admin would just move it for you instead of deleting it.

EDIT: There's none there just checked. Just contact any admins and they should move it for you if you ask 🙂

1 hour ago, Rofa said:

Yes, I did. I fell kind of embarrassed that I still lost 😖

Ah don't worry too much about it. I played it at first after 5 years of playing Pokemon and it still ruined me...😅

It takes some different thinking than normal pokemon games, but once you get the hang of it you'll be a better battler, just give it time. In the meantime, the forum is full of people who will give you tips, so just ask around.

1 hour ago, Rofa said:

Yes, I did. I fell kind of embarrassed that I still lost 😖

Don't worry about it, everyone has to start somewhere. I myself got beaten pretty badly on my first time on Reborn. Just find a nice start and if you feel like, climb higher difficulties from there. It takes a bit to get used to them, though their hardness made me love them even more.

4 hours ago, Rofa said:

I'm new to Pokemon and so I tried playing Reborn or Rejuvenation but both turned out to be too hard for me. I never could beat the first gyms. I'm more comfortable with games that are on simillar level of difficulty as original franchise games. Later I heard about Pokemon Spork and it seems like a great game but I'm worried that it will turn out to be as hard as two previous games. 

Is it Pokemon Spork hard, or am I worring for no reason? Or if it is hard maybe someone know a fangames that are good for begginers? Especially if that game have full pokedex (800+ pokemon from franchise).

Don't worry, it's absolutely normal for those games to be hard for you. They were too from me when I came here after completing the franchise ones. It's an insane difference from the franchise games; the first gym in Reborn is electric-type, all pretty leveled up, and your level cap is only 20. And you get no access to ground-types in that part, unless your starter is! I think Spork is good for you to get used to it, and maybe try out Pokémon Desolation 😄 

Guest Relinquished
6 hours ago, Rofa said:

If you search discussions a bit... Although some are really old... Both for Reborn and Rejuvenation, are lots of tips offered. Especially for key battles. You don't need to be an expert, a competitive player, or a master strategist, no... Very simple tricks, the lot of them! Like using fixed damage moves for early gyms that pokemon have few hitpoints, using weak early game combos (like fennekin's howl+flame charge for instance), picking a powerful starter (like speed boost torchic, contrary snivy, protean froakie), etc.

Even if you research a bit on pokemon level up moves/species and pay attention to in-game field descriptions/features, you can devise a good strategy yourself, out of nothing, just like that! Last but not least, don't forget to use certain kill moves, like perish song, destiny bond, etc...

Spork is nice and balanced, i am playing through it now myself. But honestly, you are missing much, by not playing the main attractions here; Rejuvenation and Reborn! I was the greenest casual player out there, once! Yet i loved getting destroyed and learning to play for winning, Reborn/Rejuvenation-style! The experience of going through both of these games, is certainly going to transform you, as a pokemon player! Thanks to those games, i finally got down to learn and use breeding, IVs, EV training, hidden power types and a plethora of other features, that i had been totally ignorant to, by choice, nonetheless (in main games, you won't even need to go through such hassle because they are easy, especially with earlier generations being extremely stingy/difficult in such mechanisms).

Insurgence is also relatively easy (unless you choose to play the Hard Mode, but still, it is easier than Reborn/Rejuvenation)!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry that I'm replying a little late but I just wanted to uh I guess offer my opinion on the matter, Spork is an excellent game to start out on it's got a relatively low difficulty in comparison to other fangames but that doesn't detract from story at all, if you wanted to try something a little bit harder but not quite on the level of rejuvenation or reborn pokemon alchemist is an excellent stepping stone if you don't mind grinding in some areas because the level scaling is a bit wonky from what I remember(-_-')  But I'd also recommend pokemon rom hacks as I've always found that they can be a little easier Pokemon Glazed being an example of an excellent game that's not too difficult, again sorry for posting so late 😅

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, Rofa said:

i would speak on this in my own personal regard butthe only way i can do so is by rubbing salt in the wound/gloating so i shall not make such a comment...................... but i will say that its honestly expected for some people to fail even on easy mode for many a fan project, pokemon or otherwise, here and there u may find a game that seems so easy to you u can pratically breeze thru it with minimal issues on its hardest difficulty.............. heck some people here i could honestly imagine being just like that with various games found on the site