So, I've recently just finished a bug monotype run (or as far as the current version goes), and I used "Sweet treats/desserts/candies" as my nicknaming theme.

My team is:

Spoiler

Cheesecake the Leavanny: Scope Lens

Overcoat
Jolly - 16/31/18/22/19/28

252 Atk, 126 Def, 132 Spe

- Leaf Blade

- X-Scissor

- Shadow Claw

- Swords Dance

LimeSherbert the Galvantula: Zap Plate

Swarm

Modest - 4/15/4/28/14/26

252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Discharge

- Bug Buzz

- Giga Drain

- Sticky Web

Ambrosia the Ribombee: Pixie Plate

Shield Dust
Modest - 1/9/22/28/19/27

252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Bug Buzz

- Moonblast

- Nature Power

- Quiver Dance

Chupachups the Heracross (s): Wide Lens

Moxie

Jolly - 4/27/17/11/24/24

252 Atk, 252 Spe

- Brick Break
- Close Combat

- Megahorn

- Night Slash

Hot Tamale the Volcarona (s): Flame Plate (generously gifted to me from another player)

Flame Body

Modest - 31/31/31/31/31/31

252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Fiery Dance

- Bug Buzz

- Quiver Dance

- Giga Drain

Nougat the Armaldo: Hard Stone

Battle Armour

Impish - 21/24/26/24/17/17

252 Atk, 252 Def

- Smack Down

- Brick Break

- Aqua Jet

- Knock Off

Please rate my team 😄

Edited by RiseOfLugia

I like it, recently did Bug mono as well. I recommend swapping night slash + brick break for Rock Blast and Bullet Seed though, there's potential for Heracross to get even stronger at this point in the game 😉

Haha yeah I'm aware of the Heracronite. I'm gonna get that in the next version though. Currently doing a Fairy Mono now and focusing on that for the time being. Once the new version is dropped, I shall be returning to my bug mono, and absolutely will update my Heracross for a Mega.

I actually previously missed that egg stupidly, so a few peeps in the Discord for Reborn said it'd be fair for me to debug in a level 1 Larvesta, to basically give me the Larvesta I'd have gotten from that egg anyway (then shortly after someone was getting rid of a 6IV Shiny Larvesta, so I snagged that bad boy up and he very quickly became a part of the squad)

oh yeah no doubt about it, i was wondering cuz in one of my last play throughs i got it and i was like "hmmmmm how good is thing thing" and my friend was like "that pokemon is great mid/late game" so i made eggs and wondertraded out like 10 of them to share the love. it would have been cool if thats how you had gotten it.

Yeah Volcarona is a very beastly Pokemon. Great stats, Quiver Dance and some really nice Special Moves to take advantage of, as well as a gorgeous, phenomenal design. Volcarona is easily my second favourite bug type.

@RiseOfLugia Having done a Bug mono myself (the link for which you can find in my signature), I'll say it's a great team, apart from having an (obvious) weakness to Flying types.

I can't see how you won Ciel with this team, and I'm curious to find out! I had used Crustle and Durant on top of Armaldo and a few others to defeat her.

Nevertheless, good job! 😄 

And keep trying! 😉 

Ciel was surprisingly easy for me actually. I just QD swept with Volcarona. Thanks to that awesome effect of the big top field, with the double stats gained from QD, it only took 3 QDs to get to +6. 

Out of all leaders, Titania gave me the most issue honestly, mostly because of that annoying Klefki and field combo. But I managed to get past her with a pretty creative strategy. 

First I used a Volbeat to set up Rain Dance (to get rid of the hail, as well as set up for this strat) then let it fall, and sent in Volcarona (holding Heat Rock), then used Sunny Day to change the field to Rainbow Field. Then I hit QD a couple of times and began to sweep with Fiery Dance. She sent her Klefki out the final turn of the field, and I managed to get rid of it before it got back that annoying immunity to fire. Then it was a matter of finishing off her other couple of mons and I scooped up the win 🙂

1 hour ago, RiseOfLugia said:

Ciel was surprisingly easy for me actually. I just QD swept with Volcarona. Thanks to that awesome effect of the big top field, with the double stats gained from QD, it only took 3 QDs to get to +6. 

Weirdly enough, Ciel's Togekiss kept Thunder Waving my Volcarona, so I couldn't use this plan... However, my Crustle could Shell Smash and kill that infernal Togekiss. My Volcarona had to tank an Acrobatics by Gliscor (thanks to a weakening berry) to set up a QD and OHKO it afterwards.

Nice strat vs Titania! I kinda Baton Pass chained her. Charmed her Sandslash down with Illumise, passed a Wish to Volbeat, then passed Double Teams and Tail Glows from Volbeat to Scolipede, then Passed Speed Boosts and Iron Defences from Scolipede to Galvantula. It was fun, since Galvy had Hidden Power Ground too. 😉 

Easiest battle was Charlotte. Vivillon with Powder and Paras with Wide Guard helped Crustle get 2 Shell Smashes. Then, 3 Rock Slides swept her.

I used a very similar strat for Charlotte. Though I used a dual Crustle lead. 3 turns Wide Guarding with one, and Shell Smashing with the other, then another 3 turns just sweeping her with Rock Slide. Crunchie and Pop Rocks (shiny), were both awesome bugs.