rate my team

Dan82

hey guys i was preparing for episode 18 and i wanted you guys to rate my main team and rotation/reserve team and my old team(which i might trade)

Spoiler

capture016.png.5d4c9c930b946e7ad6da313b9e4c5d01.png

this is the pokemon which i have ev trained and iv breeded them and one of those charizards has max attack and speed evs sand the other one has max special attack and speed evs in case  their mega stone is added to game 

and one of the charizards-gardevoir-greninja-torterra-noivern-kommo-o and vaporeon are shiny

capture017.png.08a22c69dc9a9b523790722b2a4da1de.png

and these are the mons i plan to ev train 

capture019.png.7a2c27d2d39fec4d9703b6f1c12bc650.png

these were some of my main pokemon which are now replaced with mons which have better ivs

capture018.png.2afdf5a4cecc5d8e15829e3aa69d9d4a.png

and these are my shinies

so how is my team?

capture016.png

Edited by Dan82

Well you certainly have quite the collection!.... The mon you have are all pretty top teir, although I would personally recommend getting comfortable with only about 5 or so of them that have good synergy and type coverage. The best way I have found to construct a solid team is to find your "ace" first. In this case let's just say you select garchomp as your base. Garchomp is a very solid Mon who can shred through teams but can be shut down if he hits an ice type or certain other high powered dragon's (looking at you saphira's Dragonite). So what you could do is throw in aggron to deal with ice types and then throw in Charizard to deal with dragons since it gets dragon moves but won't take super effective damage from them in return. After that, since you have type coverage you might want to think about a solid "setter" like galvantula with sticky web to make sure in almost all cases the enemy is slower than you. And the last thing is to throw some optional supports like Gardevoir or emolga who can throw up barriers/ paralyze the enemy and give you time to set up garchomp in order to sweep. Anyway hope this helps! I give your current team a 7/10 just because all the peices are there but they lack organization and a strategy behind them. But hey good luck in episode 18! Can't wait to see if it's gonna be hardy or saphira we gotta face off against! 🙂

Thanks but actually I am pretty organized

Spoiler

As you said i use my aggron which can mega evolve as defense against ice - fairy-  rock -flying types 

and i use Charizard as an all out attacker and  greninja which has protean as coverage 

Gardevoir can be pretty useful against fighting types

Also noivrn,kommo-o,torterra and galvantula are used depending on situation

Also i have another question : should i add  Aegislash to my team?

19 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Thanks but actually I am pretty organized

Reveal hidden contents

As you said i use my aggron which can mega evolve as defense against ice - fairy-  rock -flying types 

and i use Charizard as an all out attacker and  greninja which has protean as coverage 

Gardevoir can be pretty useful against fighting types

Also noivrn,kommo-o,torterra and galvantula are used depending on situation

Also i have another question : should i add  Aegislash to my team?

Ah sorry didn't mean for it to come off as an attack, the organization is just not super clear without seeing more information  i.e. movesets, abilities, ivs/evs . And yeah Aegislash is a great mon that can really stall things out if you need too through Kings sheild

You got a pretty good team there. As Whitelight said, find an "ace", a pokemon that has been a continous lifesaver throughtout your playthrought, and then build a team to cover up its strengths and weaknesses. Another idea would be to use team cores. Two of the most common cores are fire/water/grass core and the dragon/steel/fairy core. Your Lucario, Salamence, and Gardevoir would be a good example of a dragon/steel/fairy core. If you want add aegislash to your team, you should defineately do so since it would make a great tank. Also, how did you get Salamence and Kommo-O?

I'll echo the above comments and suggest you try and build a "main team" by selecting 6 Pokemon from your collection. You can then swap out party members according to the fight, which should be no problem given the diversity you have. From my own experience, I'd say that a Fairy / Dragon / Steel core works really well in Reborn, and is what you should build from. 

While you've got no shortage of dragon types, I'd say Salamence (if it has Dragon Dance) would be a great choice. 

As for the steel type, you could either go for Mega-Aggron or Aegislash. Both fit well and bring different things to the table. While Aegislash can work as a bulky attacker (could even run Sub + Toxic), Mega-Aggron gives you more utility in the form of Stealth Rocks + Toxic. 

Pairing these two with Gardevoir (Calm Mind + 2 attacks + Misty Terrain works wonders) completes your Fairy / Dragon / Steel core. Misty Terrain also gives you Terrain control, while making Gardevoir hit very, very hard. 

Greninja along with a fire type like Arcanine or Charizard gives you good offensive pressure. For the last slot, Kommo-o (it gets Close Combat with the USUM update) is a great choice. However, if you use Aegislash instead of Mega-Aggron, then Garchomp fits better here, especially since it can set up rocks.

tl:dr - The following party of 6 gives you a great base to work with:

Salamence

Aggron / Aegislash

Gardevoir

Greninja

Charizard / Arcanine

Kommo-o / Garchomp 

(slashed Pokemon should ideally be used together, i.e. Aegislash + Arcanine + Garchomp or Aggron + Charizard + Kommo-o)