Which party are you taking up to episode 18?

porra33

So since episode 18 is coming, I am starting to feel some doubts regarding the party that I have, because in earlier times I would only have 6 or 7 Pokemon that were ready to face the upcoming events, but right now I have 12 pokemon ready (Like in level 89, or so). So picking six is not easy. From my party the irreplacable are Arcanince, Noivern, Cacturne (because Destiny bond) and Swallot. I got two empty spaces to fill. I think I should bring Ampharos, Florges or Pelliper. But Blaziken is my starter and I have affection towards him...

I used to prefer Drapion towards Swallot, because it had Toxic Spikes but overall Swallot is stronger, since Drapion can't get any strong poison moves, best possible is Cross Poison, whereas Swallot has both Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb.

I should place here the move sets from each one but mostly my strategy is based ir raw power...

So what do you guys think?

I'm sure some of you have the same problem, what party are you taking to episode 18? Are you choosing purely strategicaly, based on affection or power?

Capturar.JPG

Simple: don't pick six. I never had a team, I kept rotating to what suited best the situation I was into. You should have a core, but always rotate your team; have as many options as you can.

But if you want to go with that team, don't bring Blaziken. Don't have two of the same type. Ampharos and Mamoswine are good options, but consider Aggron as well.

Take blaziken if you love him, I tend to give myself some feeling pokes that I drag all the way as long as they are useful from time to time. (I got a lvl 55 Dewong that is my perish singer for events).

Also bring along Ampharos and Golurk that way I think you cover more or less everything and will have a decent speed if your Noivern still knows Tailwind.

Captura.jpg

I think the last two members of your team should be Ampharos and Mamoswine. Mamoswine can deal with both Hardy and Saphira with its ground/ice typing, Ampharos is good due to its moveset and could change terrain with it if Florges goes down. Aggron is also a good back up due to it's partial steel typing.

The Pokemon team I'm taking...depends on which save file I'm using. My first one:

Blaziken

Ampharos

Klinklang

Gastrodon

Pigeot

(I must still decide on a sixth Pokemon; it will probably help balance out my other Pokemon or serve to counter the remaining Gym Leaders or it could be a rotating slot).

My first team came to be due to it being the first time I played Pokemon Reborn and was based on getting through the Gym Leaders with some guarantee that I could win (although it was still a struggle).

As for my third file; the Pokemon Team I'll be using throughout:

Swampert

Scrafty

Flygon

Magnezone

Escavalier

Bronzong

This is the team I'm most comfortable using (basically my bread and butter) and I prefer this team because many of my favorite Pokemon are on it; the only Pokemon I'm neutral with is Bronzong. I tolerate it because it has some usefulness with its Trick Room. Otherwise if it doesn't offer much help, I'll rotate it out with another Pokemon. Overall, I struggled the least against the Reborn Leaders with this team.

@porra33 You have a fine team going; I suggest picking Pokemon that have some bulky defense since most of your team is offensive/speed based to round it out such as Florges (for Special Defense), Aggron (for Defense) and as for typing, Pelipper. I would also use a Gastrodon, which will help against the remaining two Gym Leaders (mainly against Hardy). Otherwise, as everyone else has said, rotating Pokemon in and out works just as well.

Edited by JoStarNight

@porra33

For an all-around-balanced team, I think the best are golurk and aggron.

If arcanine has flash fire and catcturne has water absorb, your team will have 8 immunities and at least one resistance to the other types.

For the bosses fight you might wanna sawp some members to better fit the opponent team

You lack a water-type; I'm not saying it's important to have one, but it's always good. Why not a swampert? It would be a good mon for your team @porra33

You could take out cacturne/swalot, and put drapion. He is poison and dark, so he would cover for swalot and cacturne. And you don't need a grass-type if you put ampharos. 

Note that these are just advices 🙂 

PS: I don't remember, what are the last two gym leaders specialized on? Hardy is rock I think, and Saphira is what?

This would be my take on your team:

Must have(s) are Blaziken, Ampharos, Mamoswine and Pelipper. With those four, you have a broken mon, a rain setter, a terrain setter and a solid, bulky and powerful unique typing with Ground/Ice.

Remaining two I suggest Banette and Florges. Reasons apply for coverage (Ghost and Fairy type with Florges also functioning as a grass type). Banette can also be your early mega with great moves like Shadow Sneak and Destiny Bond. Also it’s ability Prankster, is nonetheless useful.

I pretty much put together my old sand team from XY OU and slapped an Aegislash on there instead of Mega Lopunny since that's not available yet. All of them have 31 IVs in the relevant stats except Rotom-W with 30 in defense. If they have two moves in a slot that means I have another one with that move. And Garchomp should be holding Firium Z but that's not available yet.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock 
Ability: Sand Stream 
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD 
Impish Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Toxic/Slack off
- Whirlwind 
- Stealth Rock  

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z 
Ability: Rough Skin 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Naive Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Dragon Claw/Swords Dance
- Outrage/Swords dance
- Fire Fang 

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers 
Ability: Iron Barbs 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD 
Sassy Nature 
IVs: 0 Spe 
- Spikes 
- Leech Seed 
- Gyro Ball 
- Power Whip 

Aegislash @ Leftovers 
Ability: Stance Change 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD 
Quiet Nature 
- Shadow Ball 
- Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
- King's Shield 
- Shadow Sneak 

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers/Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD 
Bold Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Discharge 
- Hydro Pump 
- Will-O-Wisp 
- Signal Beam/Trick

Excadrill @ Life Orb 
Ability: Sand Rush 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Rock Slide 
- Swords Dance/Rapid Spin
- Iron Head 

I've got...

2 Greninja

Typhlosion

Maractus

Golurk

Garbodor

Chandelure

Magnezone

Magcargo

And Gardevoir

Though really I've got a huge selection of mons I can grind if need be, but these are the ones I can actually use

Greninja, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Bisharp, Flygon, and Magnezone.

I used to use Metagross in place of Gardevoir, but decided that having four steel types probably wasn't a great idea. Might swap Bisharp for Weavile to bring the number down to just 2.

Likely going to replace a couple of these pokemon in e18, but intending to use these pokemon for the main storyline:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature 
- King's Shield
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Volcarona @ Charcoal/Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body 
EVs: 252 SPa / 6 Def / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Heat Wave (interacts with fields more than flamethrower does)
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers 
Ability: Iron Barbs 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD 
Relaxed Nature 
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure 
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD 
Bold Nature 
- Minimize
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Greninja @ Life Orb 
Ability: Protean
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SPa / 252 Spe 
Naive Nature 
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse 
- Surf
- Gunk Shot

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature 
- Return
- Quick attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

On 7/13/2018 at 3:00 PM, CrossImpact said:

Saphira is Dragon.

My current team is the Ametrine Team, handpicked by Amethyst (purple three) and myself (yellow three).

image.thumb.png.5c4dc43082223ef9e9dcd18e20b11445.png

No plans on altering it after finally scratching it together in E17. There will be ways to beat everyone.

I didn't remember that Saphira is dragon, if the next gym is hers I must take Noivern and Ampharos, and bring Florges, and Mamoswine. Thanks 🙂

Your team is very complete even though it seems slightly low on health.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, Lorisaur said:

I think you might use Aggron or Ampharos if their megas are available, and last member must be Blaziken if you love him

I don't have any Mega for those, I can't get the Aggronite its locked by some stairs, I don't know how to unlock it... Besides my Aggron doesn't have Earthquake, which I think its a disavantage, I should teach him some moves, like some punches, but it would be better with the mega available. Thanks 🙂

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, UnicornJesus said:

Simple: don't pick six. I never had a team, I kept rotating to what suited best the situation I was into. You should have a core, but always rotate your team; have as many options as you can.

But if you want to go with that team, don't bring Blaziken. Don't have two of the same type. Ampharos and Mamoswine are good options, but consider Aggron as well.

What I mean is like for the story itself, of course I adapt my party according to the gyms I'm facing. My problem with my Ampharos is that I don't have the mega and it has low accuracy (Thunder and Zap Cannon) But I'm really considering Mamoswine. Thanks!

On 7/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, Ragxenak said:

Take blaziken if you love him, I tend to give myself some feeling pokes that I drag all the way as long as they are useful from time to time. (I got a lvl 55 Dewong that is my perish singer for events).

Also bring along Ampharos and Golurk that way I think you cover more or less everything and will have a decent speed if your Noivern still knows Tailwind.

Captura.jpg

Between Golurk and Mamoswine, I think Mamoswine is better (those are my pokemon with Earthquake) My problem with my Ampharos is its low accuracy (Thunder and Zap Cannon) and since I don't have the Mega yet I still have some doubts...
You got a nice party as well but don't you lack a Fire and a Poison type?

8 minutes ago, porra33 said:

I didn't remember that Saphira is dragon, if the next gym is hers I must take Noivern and Ampharos, and bring Florges, and Mamoswine. Thanks 🙂

Your team is very complete even though it seems slightly low on health.

That's good to hear! Because frankly I don't have much of a clue about Pokémon.
Almost all I know is if I kill them first they can't kill me!

On 7/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, Abyssreaper99 said:

I think the last two members of your team should be Ampharos and Mamoswine. Mamoswine can deal with both Hardy and Saphira with its ground/ice typing, Ampharos is good due to its moveset and could change terrain with it if Florges goes down. Aggron is also a good back up due to it's partial steel typing.

From the opinions I gathered I think I'll take Mamoswine, but Florges I will consider it more for Saphira's gym, and Ampharos has two problems: I don't have the Mega and it has moves with low accuracy (Thunder and Zap Cannon) My Aggron has all moves from steel, and it doesn't have Earthquake, which makes a difference for me, if I have to choose between him and Golurk or Mamoswine. Thanks!

On 7/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, JoStarNight said:

The Pokemon team I'm taking...depends on which save file I'm using. My first one:

Blaziken

Ampharos

Klinklang

Gastrodon

Pigeot

(I must still decide on a sixth Pokemon; it will probably help balance out my other Pokemon or serve to counter the remaining Gym Leaders or it could be a rotating slot).

My first team came to be due to it being the first time I played Pokemon Reborn and was based on getting through the Gym Leaders with some guarantee that I could win (although it was still a struggle).

As for my third file; the Pokemon Team I'll be using throughout:

Swampert

Scrafty

Flygon

Magnezone

Escavalier

Bronzong

This is the team I'm most comfortable using (basically my bread and butter) and I prefer this team because many of my favorite Pokemon are on it; the only Pokemon I'm neutral with is Bronzong. I tolerate it because it has some usefulness with its Trick Room. Otherwise if it doesn't offer much help, I'll rotate it out with another Pokemon. Overall, I struggled the least against the Reborn Leaders with this team.

@porra33 You have a fine team going; I suggest picking Pokemon that have some bulky defense since most of your team is offensive/speed based to round it out such as Florges (for Special Defense), Aggron (for Defense) and as for typing, Pelipper. I would also use a Gastrodon, which will help against the remaining two Gym Leaders (mainly against Hardy). Otherwise, as everyone else has said, rotating Pokemon in and out works just as well.

You got nice teams (with little diversity for me), but I would include a Fairy or a Poison type somewhere ahah And why the Pidgeot, is it because you like him? Because I would choose another flying Pokemon with another second type. But overall your teams seem hard to beat so good job 🙂
For my team I'll take Mamoswine and eventually Pelliper, Florges or Blaziken as people have been advising. Thanks!

42 minutes ago, porra33 said:

Between Golurk and Mamoswine, I think Mamoswine is better (those are my pokemon with Earthquake) My problem with my Ampharos is its low accuracy (Thunder and Zap Cannon) and since I don't have the Mega yet I still have some doubts...
You got a nice party as well but don't you lack a Fire and a Poison type?

Ooops, forgot to place the guys that were on the current team, I do indeed have Poison and Fire xD:

Missing: Blaziken, Draggalgae, A-Ninetales, Noivern, Flygon and an in training Aegilash

I've used this team for the main story up until now, and plan to continue with them. Clefable has definitely been the MVP of this run. Cosmic Power + Magic Guard is great!

Edit: They're all EV-trained with decent IVs (haven't bothered to breed for specific IVs).

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_3.png