Sad Songs You love to Listen to

Wolfox

This is a thread to discuss and share sad songs you love for one reason or another.

here are a few of my favorites:

once you listen to this one, you instantly get why this is here

This one is a bit more "out there". It's from the perspective of two lovers during a bombing (in ww2 france iirc). and instead of hiding and being scared for the unavoidable, they come to the roof for one last dance.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"This is the way you left me. I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory. No happy ending."

Spoiler

Somewhere- Within Temptation , band and song very reminiscent of Evanescence

Spoiler

"I would give everything I own. Give up life, my heart, my home, just to have you once again."

Spoiler

Dot hack had an amazing OST but this wistful sounding track always stood out to me.

Spoiler

high school of the dead always ends with the same animation, but different song. The posting board is covered in pictures of better times that can never return again, featuring the faces of friends and loved ones who aren't there anymore, and that was always a poignant touch for me. This song is my favorite from the endings, and is mournful, though not quite hopeless song. Not when you vow to never see tears again

Spoiler

and oh yeah, that 7 oops song is pretty good and I have that one too, though I've never seen that anime.

I have more to post, I think, just don't have the time to do so atm.