Elite Trainers And Where To Find Them [Reborn Theory]

Winter

The Elite Four yo! Who are they? Where will we fight them? I don’t know but I have a pretty good idea, so let’s get on with it.

First of all, why are the Elite Four significant? They’re a Pokémon staple, so of course there’d be an Elite Four in Reborn as well, but what is the story purpose for them as a whole, not just as individuals? I don’t believe you have to look very hard to find the answer, in fact, you just have to look at the games logo. You might have noticed how the Crystal Keys tend to shift hands a lot, and that they just so happen to end up in the hands of Elite Four members very often. Heather had the Ruby Ring at the beginning of the game, and got it back in Ametrine City. Elias currently has the Emerald Brooch, and Laura used to own the Sapphire Bracelets long before the events of game. Even Anna, though she technically hasn’t been confirmed to be an Elite Four member yet, used to own the Amethyst Pendant. In fact, Heather’s mom used to be an Elite Four member too, and she also had the Ruby Ring. I might be misremembering here, but Laura got the Sapphire Bracelets from her dad, who I believe was also a member of the Elite Four.

But back to Heather, Laura, El and Anna. As we all know, the Crystal Keys aren’t just ordinary keys, they each represent a concept. Pain for Ruby, love for Sapphire, faith for Emerald and the beyond for Amethyst. While it might be a coincidence, the Keys appear to seek out people that embody or represent those concepts. For example, the Sapphire Bracelets found their way to Amaria, who is madly in love with Titania, despite the feeling unfortunately not being mutual. Not coincidentally, the Elite Four also happen to embody the concepts of their respective Crystal Keys:

Heather has suffered the most pain of any character. (And that’s saying a lot) Her mother died giving birth to her, and her father became jaded because of it. Then she finds out her father is a member of the same organization she’s been fighting against, right before he kills himself. Immediately after that she’s captured by an evil doctor, who causes her both emotional and VERY physical pain. When she’s finally adopted by someone who seems to actually care for her, it turns out he’s just an even bigger asshole who locks her in a shed. YIKES.

El embodies faith more than anyone, to the point that his faith supposedly restored his vision. We know he puts his faith above anything; above his status, above Team Meteor, above his own daughter.

Anna is a seer of the unseen, in fact this is even what Shade calls her. She’s one of the only characters with a known connection to Shade at all. She sees things no else does, (Except for Lin apparently.) and these visions reflect the truest parts of people. She can also talk to Nomos and Nostra, and got physically ill when her pendant was taken from her. No other character embodies the beyond better than Anna, not even Shade.

While this is all well and good, it leads us to the elephant in the room, Laura. Specifically, she’s not a member of the Elite Four anymore and her replacement Bennett has never even held the Sapphire Bracelets. In addition, neither of them particularly embody the concept of love. Laura obviously feels love for her family, but so does her sisters and we don’t see them being Elite Four members. The closest thing Bennett has to love is his stalker-ish obsession with Luna, which is a big ’do not want’. Hell, he doesn’t even seem to care about his mother much, not even saying goodbye before going off with a stranger to join a cult. (I suppose his obsession with Luna could represent a corrupted version of love, similar to how El has a very corrupted version of faith, but meh)

I don’t really have an answer to how either Laura or Bennett are supposed to embody love, I’m kind of at a loss here. So does this break the theory? I don’t think so, the game isn’t finished yet so there’s still time for things to change. But since this is a theory about the Elite Four I guess I should mention that I do believe Laura will get her position back, for reasons I’ll get into later, but I’m not 100% sure yet.

So there you have it, I believe the Elite Four will consist of Heather, Laura, El and Anna. That’s not exactly a groundbreaking theory though, Heather and El have already been confirmed to be Elite Four members, and Anna has been heavily implied by Noel when we first meet him at the orphanage, and by Gossip Gardevoir in her interview with Anna. But I wouldn’t be writing this if that was the entire theory. I don’t think who we will fight is as interesting a question as for HOW we will be fighting them. That’s right, I’m gonna be speculating on the last few boss-fights in Reborn, and the ending of the game as a whole. Admittedly, this is where the theory goes a little off the rails, so don’t take it too seriously.

So, we all know that in E19 we will get the last badge from either Saphira or Hardy, then climb up Victory Road to challenge the Elite Four at the Pokémon League. (and some other stuff probably also happens or something) Well, that might not exactly be untrue, but I don’t believe it is the entire story. First of all, I believe that by the time we get to the Pokémon League, each member of the Elite Four will be in possession of their respective Crystal Keys. Heather and El already have theirs, and if Anna and Noel truly are Radomus’s children like has been theorized, Anna will probably get her Amethyst Pendant back from him. (Especially considering that if this is true, Radomus was the one who gave it her in the first place.) I’m not sure how Laura or Bennett would get their hands on the Sapphire Bracelets, but Bennett at least will definitely be looking for them given he’s a member of Team Meteor now.

Second of all, I believe the order we will be facing the Elite Four in will be Heather, Laura/Bennett, El and finally Anna. Not only because Solaris introduces the Crystal Keys in that order when we first meet him. Heather makes sense to be first, while she’s certainly powerful I’m not sure that she’s as powerful as the other Elites. Given its Flying-type advantages, I believe she will be fought on the Mountain Field… which also happens to be the Field Effect in Beryl Cemetery. Oh geez.

Second is up is either Laura or Bennett, and here’s where things get a little messy. As I said, I’m not entirely sure which of them we will fight, but the one thing I am sure of is that we will fight them on the Flower Garden Field. It’s a given that we’ll have a fight with Laura and a last rematch with Bennett sometime in these last two episodes, and I believe both of these battles will take place on the Flower Garden Field. As for which one of those battles will be part of the Elite Four challenge, my money is on Laura. While the Field does give some boosts to Bug-types, like strengthening Bug-type moves and making Swarm overpowered, most of its buffs are reserved for Grass-types. Grass-types are also able to use the field more effectively thanks to their wider access to the move Growth. Simply put, fighting Laura on this Field will be harder than fighting Bennett on it, and that’s why I believe Laura will be fought last as part of the Elite Four. That’s the only reason I believe Laura will get her position back really. I legitimately spent time analyzing Field Effects to figure out the plot. I spent a lot of effort on this theory, even if it turns out to be super wrong y’all better appreciate it the effort. Inb4 the answer is some third option like branching story paths where we fight Laura in one path and Bennett in another. maybe laura and bennett will fall in love and we’ll fight both of them in a double battle and that’s why they represent love (forgive me for being so cursed)

Speaking of Field Effects, next up is El, and he’ll most likely be fought in the Holy Field. Not only does it fit El best thematically, it’s also serves Normal-types very well. Remember when it said things started to get messy before? you better remember it was literally one paragraph ago Well I lied because here’s where it starts to get REALLY messy. We know that the Champion, or at least the person we’ll fight in place of the Champion, is Lin. One or two Elite Four members are working under her at this point, which means she basically has control over one or two of the Keys. And since all the Keys are concentrated in one place, she’ll likely try and succeed in taking the Ruby Ring and the Amethyst Pendant, as well as the Sapphire Bracelets if she doesn’t have them already. When she’s got all the Keys she has no reason to stick around at the Pokémon League, and will likely high-tail it to meteor site. This is where the Holy Field comes in, the only place we know it exists is the Subseven Sanctum. El will likely fight us there to try to prevent us from stopping Lin.

Remember the little girl crawling on the walls of Citae d’Arc Astrea? It’s been speculated that girl is the true version of Lin. Here is probably where we will get all the Lin backstory we’ve been craving. Anyways, with all the keys in hand Lin will open the door to the meteor. Now we finally get to our final Elite Four battle against Anna. Anna will most likely be fought on the Starlight Field, it gives big buffs to Psychic-types, and makes Jirachi absolutely busted. Now, given the Starlight Fields very nature as a space-based Field, it’s probably not a field that can be replicated on earth, unless it was around something that came from space, like a meteor. I’m not sure why exactly Anna would fight us here unless it’s revealed she’s been secretly evil all along. (Which would be dumb) You would think stopping Lin would take priority. I do have a theory about this however. Yep, we’re doing a theory inside a theory, theoryception. Remember the prophecy by Miss Direction? She says that there will be a future where we don’t exist, where we would never have existed to begin with. In that same prophecy, it’s stated that the timeline with us in it was created by Anna wishing on a Jirachi. What if Anna is planning to stop Lin by making a wish on Nostra, not realizing that the wish would erase us from the timeline as well. (And presumably bring back the lady in black and red that was also mentioned in the prophecy.) Given the title of E18- Void-Kissed- it’s not a stretch to assume that episode is going to be centered on the future where we don’t exist. There we would learn the repercussions of wishing on a Jirachi. When we get to the meteor site we would be forced to battle Anna so she doesn’t make her wish and accidentally delete us. This isn’t necessarily the most likely explanation, but I feel it does make some sense.

With the Elite Four defeated, there’s nothing left for us but to battle the Champion killer herself, Lin. This would likely be the hardest fight in Reborn, and a fight of such epic proportions requires an equally epic Field. This Field would be none other than the New World Field. With all the Crystal Keys and the power of the meteor, Lin would actually succeed in creating her New World, a world where everyone would be able to play with her forever… You might have noticed that in addition to boosting every Legendary and Mythical signature move, Hydreigon also excels on this Field. This isn’t the only evidence for Lin being fought on the New World Field however. You see, the way we get the New World Field Effect Read-Out (That’s a mouthful) is by pressing colored books in Beryl Library in a certain order. This order isn’t random, it’s the same order as the colors of the six pillars mentioned in the text ”Light’s End”. Light’s End last line says that ”The blackest beast lies at Light’s End”, the blackest beast in this context must refer to Lin, or possibly her Hydreigon, and Light’s End must refer to the New World where we fight her. In an epic fight for the fate of all worlds, we will defeat Lin once and for all. Maybe.

So that’s the long and short of it, I was gonna write more but this theory got long enough already. I’m still probably gonna need a tl:dr huh? Anyways, there’s most certainly going to be some other stuff happening in between in all this, but unfortunately the Field Effects don’t have any clues about that. A lot of this theory will probably be proven wrong, but I’m feeling confident this time. If this theory does turn out to be true the Elite Four in Reborn might be the hardest one ever, because damn all these Fields are overpowered.

TL;DR: The Elite Four will consist of Heather, either Laura or Bennett, El and Anna in that order. Each of them embodies one of the concepts represented by the Crystal Keys. They will each obtain their respective Crystal Keys before we fight them. Our League challenge will be interrupted by Lin taking the Keys. After we battle El and Anna, Lin will succeed in her plan to create a New World, and we will fight her there, saving the world probably.

Please correct me if I got something wrong or missed anything. I tried my best to be thorough in my research, but maybe I missed some line of dialogue that proves PULSE Budew will be the final boss actually. I spent a lot more time on this theory than I probably should have. If you like this theory, please upvote it to validate my poor time-management skills.

/Winter

9 minutes ago, Winter said:

TL;DR: The Elite Four will consist of Heather, either Laura or Bennett, El and Anna in that order. Each of them embodies one of the concepts represented by the Crystal Keys. They will each obtain their respective Crystal Keys before we fight them. Our League challenge will be interrupted by Lin taking the Keys. After we battle El and Anna, Lin will succeed in her plan to create a New World, and we will fight her there, saving the world probably.

Whether Laura or Bennett was E4, they don't know that the MC has the Sapphire Bracelets so they wouldn't get it back. Only Lin, Titania and Amaria knows. I don't think Radomus would give the pendant back to Anna until it is safe to do so. Heather and El makes sense though. It would make more sense for Lin to take the keys either before the league challenge or when the MC beats Anna, under the presumption that Lin has taken that Champion spot.

I think (don't quote me on this) Laura and Bennett did talk back during the league days although I don't know whether they liked each romantically or not. I can see Laura getting her position back as a post-game E4 rematch.

Interesting theories so far. 

I'm wondering something tho : the Elite 4 is supposed to be a team , it mean they get along well each others ( i think ? ) . So i don't know for you guys but i cannot see how we can have an Elite 4 with 2 " heroes " ( Anna , Heather or Laura ) and 2 vilains ( Bennett and Elias ). It's like putting the Kanto E4 with Lance/Agatha and 2 team rocket member for example. Imagine we beat Anna and she say " congratz for your victory ! The next opponent is this m**** sh**** of Elias ! GL HF " 

So my theory is : or we are fighting a 100% good characters E4 ( Anna , Heather , Laura and someone else ) and when we are about to challenge the champion , team meteor attack and take control of the league , which can be a good way to not having an official reborn champion since Ame died ahahaha ( sorry. ) 

Or team meteor will totally take control of the league before we even challenge the E4 and the E4 will be team meteor herself ( Solaris , Sirius , Elias , Fern ? ) 

But what i'm sure is Lin won't be the reborn champion , she will be the ultimate boss to beat at the end , so it mean after the league. And i'm agree with @Winter , if my first theory is true , Lin will interrupt the league to take the pendants and we will have to stop her right after. So basically a Pokemon Back/White similar ending scenario. Something will happen at the reborn league anyway , i cannot see us challenging  the league , defeating the champion like that , without any problems.

9 minutes ago, Zarc said:

Interesting theories so far. 

I'm wondering something tho : the Elite 4 is supposed to be a team , it mean they get along well each others ( i think ? ) . So i don't know for you guys but i cannot see how we can have an Elite 4 with 2 " heroes " ( Anna , Heather or Laura ) and 2 vilains ( Bennett and Elias ). It's like putting the Kanto E4 with Lance/Agatha and 2 team rocket member for example.

So my theory is : or we are fighting a 100% good characters E4 ( Anna , Heather , Laura and someone else ) and when we are about to challenge the champion , team meteor attack and take control of the league , which can be a good way to not having an official reborn champion since Ame died ahahaha ( sorry. ) 

Or team meteor will totally take control of the league before we even challenge the E4 and the E4 will be team meteor herself ( Solaris , Sirius , Elias , Fern ? ) 

But what i'm sure is Lin won't be the reborn champion , she will be the ultimate boss to beat at the end , so it mean after the league. And i'm agree with @Winter , if my first theory is true , Lin will interrupt the league to take the pendants and we will have to stop her right after. So basically a Pokemon Back/White similar ending scenario. Something will happen at the reborn league anyway , i cannot see us challenging  the league , defeating the champion like that , without any problems.

Interesting idea, although El had already gotten Bennett in there so I think swap out Fern for Bennett and you're all good. Perhaps having Blake in there since his types seem to be ice/water if going by the meteor scenario. The other person in the league in the "good" elite would probably be Arc.

I'm fine with that, although I don't see either Benett or Laura representing Love, it could be Serra's love for her child or we could get to know about the sisters in what's left of the story.

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

I'm wondering something tho : the Elite 4 is supposed to be a team , it mean they get along well each others ( i think ? ) . So i don't know for you guys but i cannot see how we can have an Elite 4 with 2 " heroes " ( Anna , Heather or Laura ) and 2 vilains ( Bennett and Elias ). It's like putting the Kanto E4 with Lance/Agatha and 2 team rocket member for example. Imagine we beat Anna and she say " congratz for your victory ! The next opponent is this m**** sh**** of Elias ! GL HF " 

Is Anna a "hero" in this story though? Even she's with the good guys, I think she's pretty neutral and would get along with Taka or Lumi, who are with the villains but are pretty nice. I don't think E4 was supposed to be a team in main pokémon games either. And Lin wouldn't be Reborn's Champion, because MC is, that's what DJ Arclight and Victoria said at the end of previous EP16.

4 minutes ago, kithas said:

I'm fine with that, although I don't see either Benett or Laura representing Love, it could be Serra's love for her child or we could get to know about the sisters in what's left of the story.

Is Anna a "hero" in this story though? Even she's with the good guys, I think she's pretty neutral and would get along with Taka or Lumi, who are with the villains but are pretty nice. I don't think E4 was supposed to be a team in main pokémon games either. And Lin wouldn't be Reborn's Champion, because MC is, that's what DJ Arclight and Victoria said at the end of previous EP16.

I think you're mixing up with them saying they don't acknowledge Lin as being champion because of all the things she's done. They want the MC to be the champion, as does Adrienn. At the minute either Lin or the last E4 member would be champion. Lin did beat Ame before her death soooo,,,

1 minute ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I think you're mixing up with them saying they don't acknowledge Lin as being champion because of all the things she's done. They want the MC to be the champion, as does Adrienn. At the minute either Lin or the last E4 member would be champion. Lin did beat Ame before her death soooo,,,

She could be, but she didn't beat the E4 before, so she shouldn't be the official champion, would she?

1 minute ago, kithas said:

She could be, but she didn't beat the E4 before, so she shouldn't be the official champion, would she?

I think some people would acknowledge it because she beat Ame and she is the boss of 2 of the current E4 members, something they wouldn't allow if they were stronger than her. The leaders wouldn't accept it as official though, especially not the sisters, Noel, Titania and Adrienn

40 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I think some people would acknowledge it because she beat Ame and she is the boss of 2 of the current E4 members, something they wouldn't allow if they were stronger than her. The leaders wouldn't accept it as official though, especially not the sisters, Noel, Titania and Adrienn

I believe she wouldn't be the champion based only on the fact that she didn't beat all the gym leaders to get the badges required to challenge "officially" the E4 and afterwards beating Ame. Also, on other games we've seen the champion going around with a "weak" team (except their ace) to try new talents, so beating them outside an official match would hardly be a qualifier to become Champion.

58 minutes ago, kithas said:

Are they with Team Meteor though? Taka is basically forced to play along with them due to his father and family's tradition (while he undermines them a lot, by helping the MC for example). And Lin is a blackmailed version of a fusion of 3 people (as we can see in the "lab" in Ametrine) with one being a kid, a second a blackmailed scientist and a merc who worked for meteor and (if I remember correctly) lost its faith with them and chose to split up and how to fix their bodies. They are a bit grey characters, but too "good" moraled for being bad guys. 

6 minutes ago, Ragxenak said:

I believe she wouldn't be the champion based only on the fact that she didn't beat all the gym leaders to get the badges required to challenge "officially" the E4 and afterwards beating Ame. Also, on other games we've seen the champion going around with a "weak" team (except their ace) to try new talents, so beating them outside an official match would hardly be a qualifier to become Champion.

Are they with Team Meteor though? Taka is basically forced to play along with them due to his father and family's tradition (while he undermines them a lot, by helping the MC for example). And Lin is a blackmailed version of a fusion of 3 people (as we can see in the "lab" in Ametrine) with one being a kid, a second a blackmailed scientist and a merc who worked for meteor and (if I remember correctly) lost its faith with them and chose to split up and how to fix their bodies. They are a bit grey characters, but too "good" moraled for being bad guys. 

You're mixing up Lin with ZEL. But the only true bad guys are Sirius, El and Lin. Solaris still seems to have morals albeit limited ones.

Your theory is spot on. It has 98% of being correct in my opinion.

In regards to the Laura/Bennett issue iirc someone in the forums have theorized that whoever we face from both might depend solely on the choices we make on the game. As you know there are already two branched paths in E17, so maybe those two different branches might lead to whomever we face on that Elite Four spot. Be it Laura and Bennett, it doesn’t matter because that Flower Garden field is as threatening as it’s beautiful.

37 minutes ago, Ragxenak said:

The fact is that not all Team Meteor is full of evil people as not all MC's side is full of nice people. Eclipse was sure on Team Meteor, but she wasn't true evil as she was just wrong. And the same you could say about TM grunts who were offed by Sapphira or Titania, or Sigmund's orderlies or even actual Sigmund.

The actual point is that I don't think Anna would be somebody to let sides define people as people's inner side (or soul, or whatever) defines them.

About the Bennett/Laura thing, I hope more plot-changing decisions come in EP18!

4 hours ago, Winter said:

I might be misremembering here, but Laura got the Sapphire Bracelets from her dad, who I believe was also a member of the Elite Four.

Charlotte, Laura, and Saphira's father used to be the Dragon Gym leader, which Saphira has now succeeded. 

And the bracelets were originally their parents, and not Laura's.

But they fit 'love' when you remember who eventually obtained them: Amaria.

But other than that this theory is interesting.

But keep in mind there is still a character from the Miss Fortune prophecy we haven't met yet.

a taciturn woman in black and red.

And here's the thing

She vanished right before the world did.

So when she appears, she might actually remember the previous world.

Could be interesting.

Shameless self promotion, I did a theory on the Miss Fortune Prophecy.