Draw my Characters/OC Contest #2 - The Return of the Cancelled Contest

So, I was originally going to have another contest, awhile ago, but due to money related issues, I had to cancel it. BUT, due to me having 3 jobs coming up and my income situation will be changing, I thought "why not" let's have some fun this year! Also, on Reborn I did have a 2nd contest being held but had to ultimately cancel it due to... finances and other nonsense getting in the way *shakes fist* If you wish to see the results of the previous contest, you can view it on my Group's Page.

On October 20th, 2018 I will be hosting a "Draw my OC/Characters" contest on my deviantART Group Page, and the Reborn Forums, with PRIZES :D I mainly wanted to do this out of fun, really, and so that way I can get my readers and fans involved with the game. Also, so that way I can give out some interesting prizes, and whatnot to those who participated. Details on prizes and whatnot are below.

During mid-September I will receive a huge amount of money from my family and taxes. As for the contest itself - the contest is simple, basically you just draw the characters that are in the gallery, and it's judged based on: originality, completeness anatomy/skills, canonocity (i.e. is it close to their canon designs and descriptions?) and composition. So, you can draw them in their costumes or whatever, but it has to be those ones, specifically. Also, you can draw ANY of the characters from my game that are present in the gallery!

Link to Group Page:

https://www.deviantart.com/symphonic-horizon

CASH PRUIZES! PRUIZES!

Unlike the previous contest, this time there are places for fourth and fifth, whereas there was just first - third place. So, now if you rank in 5th place you still get some form of moneys!

:bulletgreen: $250 for First Place and a cameo placement anywhere in the game, whether it be battle or whatever. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: $200 dollars for Second Place and a cameo placement (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: $100 dollars for Third Place and a cameo placement. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)

:bulletgreen: $50 dollars for Fourth Place and a cameo placement. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)

:bulletgreen: $25 dollars for Fifth Place and a cameo placement. (Or something of equal value, like dA points, etc)
:bulletgreen: Anything below will win $10 dollars, BUT, it has to be a competent entry and not just a "lol here's a picture of... whatever, and I get this for entering and 'trying'". So, basically, if you at least followed the guidelines above and tried your hardest, then you get $10 dollars for at least trying hard.

Rules

:bulletgreen: Has to be their designs and nothing that you would attribute to them. So, basically, they have to look like how they normally do.
:bulletgreen: Putting them in costumes is allowed, but it has to be the themed costumes that are currently in the game, i.e. Tales Costumes, Beach Costumes, Halloween, Christmas, and various other costumes that they wear in the game.
:bulletgreen: Only 1 submission is allowed.
:bulletgreen: You can have as many characters in the artwork as you want, so it doesn't have to be just 1 character in the scene.
:bulletgreen: You are free to use any style you wish. You can even do pixel art if you really want to. That'd be... pretty unique and awesome to see actually.
:bulletgreen: You can give them things in their hands like Poke Balls, or whatever. Even swords for shits and giggles XD
:bulletgreen: No gore, blood or anything really profound and disgusting.
:bulletgreen: Don't have another person create the art for you. I want YOU to make the art and not someone make it for you.
:bulletgreen: Have fun with it~!

How to enter:

Just leave a comment down below and I'll add you to the roster of people entered.
After commenting, and when the start date arrives, you can feel free to edit your original post, or comment again with your artwork included.
If you don't wish to have other people view your work, you are free to message me, and I, myself, and the other judges will look at it from there.

There is more than enough time to register, since I am allowing for there to be 5 places for prizes, so feel free to use this time wisely to consider your decision to register.

Start date and Deadline:

Start date is October 20th, 2018
Deadline is November 20th, so you have plenty of time to do your work.
Final Judging time is November 25th

A link to the characters available for this particular contest can be found on my deviantART's Group's page, where they are stored as reference. You can view any and all artwork of my characters, to use as reference, in-case you all don't want to sift through my forum post, about my game to find the artwork.

• Developers

is there any background to these characters (specificly yours of course) I looked in the "character artworks" but dont really know these characters. I think that would help people a bit of how these characters should act. Some look happy some look serious but that could be happy=silly and serious could be= angry. Just a curiosity sorry for it if there is none. Love the character art.

27 minutes ago, smeargletail said:

is there any background to these characters (specificly yours of course) I looked in the "character artworks" but dont really know these characters. I think that would help people a bit of how these characters should act. Some look happy some look serious but that could be happy=silly and serious could be= angry. Just a curiosity sorry for it if there is none. Love the character art.

There are, but they are all in my thread, here: 

You can feel free to dig through it and search for certain characters in there. Unfortunately, my artist didn't want to copy their descriptions in fear of spoilers.

If you use the Reborn search functionality and just type in the character's name, it should come up with a search result in my thread on a specific page. Though, some of the later pages have a lot more of the recent character additions, in the last... 15 or so pages. At least for a lot of the later characters.

1 hour ago, StarryDreamerKitten said:

Are we drawing sprites? Or just the characters themselves?

In the bulleted list it says that you can draw in either style. But yes, you are drawing the characters, hence the Draw my Characters theme.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I added in an additional tier to the prize list. If you at least participated but didn't place in the top 5 and made something that at least met the criteria for judging then you will win $10 dollars. I implemented that, since there were a lot of super talented artists from the previous contests that I felt bad for, because I couldn't give them anything for the time they spent on the artwork. So this is not only a participation prize but its also a prize for those who showed that they followed the criteria and made something good that wasn't "placement" worthy.

tldr; I felt bad and wanted to make it up to anyone who participates in the contest but doesn't win any of the higher tier prizes.

For those of you who need a little bit more context for the art contest and some information on certain characters, you can feel free to go through my old skit videos and you can get a feel for it all.