Haxorus Moveset

UnicornJesus

I'm not the best guy at making movesets, so I kinda wanted help on this one. At the moment, I have Dragon Dance, Outrage and Iron Tail on Haxorus, but I'm lacking a last move... Any help or criticism to the moves I already have is appreciated šŸ™‚Ā 

8 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

I'm not the best guy at making movesets, so I kinda wanted help on this one. At the moment, I have Dragon Dance, Outrage and Iron Tail on Haxorus, but I'm lacking a last move... Any help or criticism to the moves I already have is appreciated šŸ™‚Ā 

Earthquake tends to be useful in these situations but we aint got it yet so i'd say give it Bulldoze for now as it's last move

5 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

I'm at late game, going to Amaria's gym. Thanks both. Although, why poison jab? Fairies?

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

Yeah. And Bulldoze will hit everything else. That's the best Haxorus can do. It'd be nice if it could learn a fire move but It just can't for some reason.

Well iron tail works too against fairies but comes with the bonus that it might poison the particularly bulky ones.

Just now, Lord Drakyle said:

Ā 

Well iron tail works too against fairies but comes with the bonus that it might poison the particularly bulky ones.

Iron tail is also less accurate. Poison jab is much safer to use. You can use either one though. Just keep that in mind.

32 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

Iron tail is also less accurate. Poison jab is much safer to use. You can use either one though. Just keep that in mind.

gotta keep in mind it offers coverage to ice types and flying types and has the chance of affecting defence

Exactly. But for now I'll keep both moves. Thank you both! Maybe I'll give him some WIde Lens to deal with the accuracy issue; that way, Iron Tail will have (Correct me if I'm wrong)Ā 82,5% accuracy; between Hydro Pump and Fire Blast.

11 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

gotta keep in mind it offers coverage to ice types and flying types and has the chance of affecting defence

I suppose but that accuracy isn't worth it. Haxorus doesn't need coverage against ice types like other dragons do since it's only single typed. Most ice types are frail too so outrage would be able to take them out anyway. And, what do you mean by flying types? Steel does neutral damage to them.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, UnicornJesus said:

Exactly. But for now I'll keep both moves. Thank you both! Maybe I'll give him some WIde Lens to deal with the accuracy issue; that way, Iron Tail will have (Correct me if I'm wrong)Ā 82,5% accuracy; between Hydro Pump and Fire Blast.

That seems like a waste of an item slot to me. Giving it an expert belt would boost it's coverage moves. Life orb would be even better if you have one.

Just now, Youmu9 said:

I suppose but that accuracy isn't worth it. Haxorus doesn't need coverage against ice types like other dragons do since it's only single typed. Most ice types are frail too so outrage would be able to take them out anyway. And, what do you mean by flying types? Steel does neutral damage to them.

Ā 

That seems like a waste of an item slot to me. Giving it an expert belt would boost it's coverage moves. Life orb would be even better if you have one.

Huh, i always though steel was strong against them, seems like a hard coded error in memory.

Iron Tail and Outrage are pretty bad and situational due to accuracy of the firstr and effect of the second. I would truly suggest you to instead use dragon claw and poison jab. I think that earhquake is the best filler for the last move but also rock slide might be useful in doubles. it depends of your team's weaknesses, after all. Don't worry for claw's lower power, you are going to dragon dance setup in order to get sweeps and haxorus even has more atk than metagross

22 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

Iron Tail and Outrage are pretty bad and situational due to accuracy of the firstr and effect of the second. I would truly suggest you to instead use dragon claw and poison jab. I think that earhquake is the best filler for the last move but also rock slide might be useful in doubles. it depends of your team's weaknesses, after all. Don't worry for claw's lower power, you are going to dragon dance setup in order to get sweeps and haxorus even has more atk than metagross

i disagree on Outrage being replaced, it's a minor nuiscance at best when ya get confusion, a Lum Berry solves that and for a sweeper once they setup the confusion likely wont be a problem as they will at least do their job if they lived to get confused

31 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

Iron Tail and Outrage are pretty bad and situational due to accuracy of the firstr and effect of the second. I would truly suggest you to instead use dragon claw and poison jab. I think that earhquake is the best filler for the last move but also rock slide might be useful in doubles. it depends of your team's weaknesses, after all. Don't worry for claw's lower power, you are going to dragon dance ļ»æsetup in order to get sweeps and haxorus even has more atk than metagross

Thanks for your opinion man. Although I think Rock Slide isn't yet available, and I'm pretty sure Earthquake isn't available yet. I'm going to definitely put Poison Jab on his moveset, but I'm not sure about Dragon Claw, because Outrage is much stronger, and the only problem is the confusion, but you get 2-3 turns to use the most powerful Dragon-Type STAB in the meantime. And as Lord Drakyle said, although it's a bit of an item slot waste, you can always have Haxorus hold a Lum Berry to heal itsĀ confusion.

1 hour ago, Lord Drakyle said:

i disagree on Outrage being replaced, it's a minor nuiscance at best when ya get confusion, a Lum Berry solves that and for a sweeper once they setup the confusion likely wont be a problem as they will at least do their job if they lived to get confused

Probably, my opinion are influenced by the fact that I mainly am a doubles player where Outrage is complete Trash. Like Trash itself, of course. However the problem is not confusion, but people sending out steels or fairies after the first kill. Dragon Claw might require more setup but allows hax to sweep all the team of an opponent, even someone like Titania, Taka or Amaria

• 5 years later...
On 7/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, UnicornJesus said:

My Pokemon Reborn Haxorus movesetĀ 

Ā 

Dual Chop / Poison jabĀ 

Outrage

Sword DanceĀ 

Dragon Dance

Ā 

Ā 

This is a tactical setup.Ā 

Ā 

max speed and attackĀ 

Ā