Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Is Smeargle in the game?

schwibley

Question

Is he in the game and if he is then when does he become available.

hes my favorite Pokemon and i need to know when to get hype.

side note: he is the first Mon i shiny hunted for in the game full odds in Pokemon Emerald back in the day and still have him in my copy of ultra moon

10 answers to this question

yes, it is

in the cave you find Eevee, is where it spawns (it's moderately rare). It's in the forest with the disappearing trees, south of Spinel Town.

If you need one I managed to get a shiny I wouldn't mind trading (beware that shinies in Reborn are different than vanilla ones)

yeah a haven't seen the shiny for it but am sure it looks good i have enjoyed all the shiny changes so far.

after what gym badge would that area become  available?   i'm playing at a leisurely pace just trying to enjoy the experience first time and not go to fast as to get burned out of the game.

I've attached the location of the cave that it's in and a picture of it.

For further convenience, you could check the game folder, Graphics>Battlers to see all the vanilla and shiny sprites of all pokémon in the game. I'm sure you'll be surprised by some!

Sem Título.png

Yeah, it's one of the most underwhelming ones. Anyway, if you want, my offer still stands. I could trade you over this one if you'd like.

and, while this method only works for your game and traded pokémon will not be the same to others, you could try and edit the local images for shinies (or just for the smeargle) with photoshop or other similar software to get a more desirable look. I did that with my Lumineon and turned her into Dory from Finding Nemo 😄