Restarting a nuzlocke

Gray/Zero

Hello, all I am restarting my nuzlocke. I would appreciate any tips you can offer, such as which starter to pick, which mons to try and catch and any other tips I plan to start in an hour or two. Any tips tricks and advice is appreciated. Also, what do you all think should I breed? Should I wonder trade off the trade evolution mons? Let me know your opinions

For Julia, budew might be your salvation.

For Florinia, don't forget slugma from the arcade, and if you're lucky you'll run into klink underground from obsidia. I got lots of bird Pokémon somehow too.

if you get a mightiena with moxie, that's also a great Pokémon~

I'm also kinda doing a nuzlocke, which I lost but continued 😂

I'm really happy with my Blaziken, tbh. It was my starter and never let me down. Of course you can get other starters in events (and I don't know (your) rules on event pokemon, but I feel like Blaziken is an all around great fire/fighting type.
As for pokémon, i'd say try and get a noibat (they're pretty common early game) for a solid flying/dragon type.

as soon as you can get an eevee i would probably breed that. pixelate sylveon is nothing to laugh at.

there's also budew early on which means you could get a pretty nice grass/poison type in roserade not that far into the game. If you don't particularly like noivern/roserade you could get a zubat and have a poison/flyer with God-like speed (i'm not a fan of woobat so I'd advice against it, but that's my personal preference).

a normal type is also nice to have, if anything for the HMs. I run with a bibarel that has super fang (that's some nice 50% health damage right there, good for catching and for getting a solid hit in); snorlax is also great but munchlax is rather hard to get a hold of, if im not mistaken.

I love me a glalie as well, so I'd try and get a snorunt as soon as you get to ice places. I would say Lapras for that sweet water/ice combo and the amazing Poké that it is but it's an event pokémon pretty late in-game so maybe not that viable.

also, and I'm biased here, but Umbreon is amazing for stalling hard to beat gym leaders. Toxic/Moonlight/Confuse Ray/Dark Pulse-Feint Attack is a great set to run on it. Or bite if you make Eevee learn it before evolving.

other than that just go with your gut and sometimes trusting your instinct pays off, rather than trusting stats.

Good luck!

I seem to never be able to catch bibarel in that first area. I tend to count all the gift pokemon as separate since they are all gifts or static encounters. I really don't know if breeding is allowed since you could get like unlimited pokemon through breeding. Does anyone know where to find a shiny stone in the game? is noibat worth grabbing at the beginning of the game since he is fairly weak? I have never managed to encounter poochyena in game. Is there a way to get coins for the arcade beside playing voltorb flip for hours?

Breeding probably isn't allowed, but I guess you could make your own rules.

Items, you could try checking the item location guide (linked below)

Noibat IS fairly weak, so i guess you could save it for later or try and catch a higher levelled one, later

Poochyena you could try the pokemon location guide (linked below as well)

Coins, i guess just trade in PokeDollars for coins instead. Try and interact with as many rocks as possible - you find many items that you might be able to sell.

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16315-in-game-item-guide-v2-e16-proofed/

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16407-pokémon-location-guide-v3-episode-16/

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31940-pokemon-location-guide-based-on-the-number-of-badges-required-episode-17-spoilers/

@Gray/Zero There are coins all over the floor and on objects. Some people even give you coins. I had about 1000+ coins after scouring the game corner. That'll give you a good start at getting the more expensive pokemon. Voltorb flip is the most reliable way to get more coins. If you are having trouble with the game then you can just search on google for voltorb flip and there will be a website that gives you the answers once you put the info in.

After beating florina my team consists of

Toxin the Nidoking

ManBat the Swoobat (MVP)

New York the Mankey

Moment of silence for

Tectus the Grotle

Maddy the Lilipup

Pied the Hypno

Masquerade the Roselia

Contagion the Grimer

Fiji the Numel

and the others that fell much earlier

I am doing one myself, with just a rule that if I lose to a gym leader once, I can re-try with the same team but if twice I'll have to use a new one. Using monferno as my starter and heading to the 3rd tangrowth battle, Id recomend picking shinx in the arcade not only for intimidade but for corey's bat and taka's' chatot. those two are huge early game threads and luxray, which gets boosted exp cause is not your ot. othewise im doing pretty well, I mean julia beat my cause I didnt grind my espurr to get psybeam and oricorio destroyed me, but besides that, everything is smooth

Sadly I lost to a ninetales in lapis ward I am going to start again any ideas on which starter I should pick. Also if anyone wants to trade so I can get the evolutions and maybe the stones

@Gray/Zero Oh dude sorry, I was away from my pc and couldnt play the game, but any trade evolutions you can ask me now. whenever you ready just pm me and we'll do it as soon as possible. also for starter I'd recomend either chimchar or torchic, since they are known to dominate the game specially blaziken, and if you wanna wait for the usum updates, getting icy wind in the early game with popplio is amazing