A Little Help for a Moon Nuzlocke?

Moxxey

Which Eeveelution would work the best on my team?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eeveelution would work the best on my team?

• Flareon
    • Leafeon
    • Espeon
    • Umbreon

So, I got Pokemon Moon for a Christmas present back in 2016. I played a little here and there, but I never really stuck with it. Work and school ate up a lot of my time and made it hard to enjoy anything, and that included video games. So the game's been collecting dust on my bookshelf for the past two years.

Recently, though, I've been trying to get back into some old hobbies of mine, and what better way than to attempt a mostly-blind challenge run of Pokemon Moon? Keep in mind, I have watched a couple of playthroughs on YouTube and read a few things here and there, which is why i don't consider it a fully blind run.

Anyway, I've been going at it for a little under a week and already this game isn't taking any prisoners. I've cleared Melemele's Grand Trial and defeated all of Akala's Trial Captains. My death toll is sitting at 12, which makes this my bloodiest run to date. My team ended up kinda...funky, but I like them. I'm getting ready to face Olivia, leveling up my guys, and I'm trying to figure out what to evolve my Eevee into, since right now he's kind of a weak link.

The team is currently:

Spoiler

2.jpg.16708fb38b0fa0e76ca97c0f65e78bef.jpg

I've narrowed it down to either Flareon, Leafeon, Espeon, or Umbreon, since I feel those guys would provide the best type coverage. If Leafeon, I'll bench Phantump and scoop up the Magby I've got chilling in the PC. But I also kind of like having a Ghost type on my team and Phantump's one of those Pokemon I've always been curious about using.

Without too many spoilers for upcoming trials, which Eeveelution do you guys think will work the best with my team?

Edited by Moxxey

You need a powerfull psychic pokemon so i root for espeon , especially if it can have magic bounce. 

I'm not telling this because espeon is my favorite eevolution and definitely one of my favorite pokemon , no no no.

between mudsdale, magnezone, crobat and primarina you already got an extremely solid nuzlocke team, provided all of them survive until final evolution of course. mudsdale in particular is so ridiculous its funny.

as for the eeveelutions- glaceon is easily the most ass ingame as theres barely to nothing it does vaporeon does worse, and vaporeon isnt a great option considering your other bulky special water in primarina. jolteon is kinda eh, and you already got a potential zone, so I wouldnt. sylveon is an extremely solid choice, but I dunno whether you allow yourself to use refresh, and even then you already got primarina. that narrows it down to the four you mentioned.

leafeon has one big advantage over phantump and trevenant- a movepool that gets you good STAB moves before endgame. the phantump line kind of suffers in that aspect. there are some major trainers with a weakness to grass, but with the current team that should normally not be an issue, with or without leafeon and trevenant. flareon is okay, stronger than magmar, and has some advantages in major battles. however, those are doable without flareon. also, magmortar outclasses flareon really hard. last but not least, espeon and umbreon. neither have too much type advantages upcoming (espeon has like one but that normally shouldnt be an issue, again). however, both excel at fulfilling a team role. umbreon is an undying wall, able to switch into nearly any attack that isnt super effective. on the other hand, espeon is an offensive powerhouse, being a great revenge killer and a nuke with psychium z (if you dont forget to pick that up).

id say the decision boils down to "do I want to counter certain major battles or do I want to fill out a role in my team?". it also kind of depends on your playstyle- in nuzlockes I near always prefer the bulky mons, so my eevee tend to often if not always become vaporeon or umbreon.

you could also do what @Wolfoxmentioned, because I dont see you running into trouble with that team anytime soon.

Wow, the results so far are actually a little surprising. Flareon got a little bit of love and Espeon is beating Umbreon!

@Zarc Haha, Espeon is definitely one of my favorite Eeveelutions, too, and it's a Pokemon I haven't used all that much, so it would be interesting! Plus I did just get the TM for Psychic...

@Wolfox I'll probably take your advice and wait a little bit longer, just to see what other encounters I get. I want to evolve it before Ula'ula's Grand Trial (just beat Olivia and Nihelgo), which gives me plenty of time to find some new Pokemon and figure out my team. And hopefully not get destroyed by Totems again b/c frick that Wishiwashi and Salazzle.

@Morshu Thank you for the in-depth analysis! I've actually gotten really lucky with encounters, which kinda makes up for the fact that I've had three Wingulls and three Pikipeks, haha. Aside from a few close calls, those four have been holding their own really well, and both Magnemite and Mudsdale are really close to evolving. Trevanent looks really cool, but I hear what you're saying about his moves. I'll keep it on the team and see how it does, and maybe bench it if I find something better. I prefer bulkier 'mons too and Umbreon would be great to have against Acerola (provided he makes it that far). On the other hand, I like the idea of outspeeding things and wreaking havoc with STAB Psychic.

@GS BALL Lots of love for the sun Pokemon! I do really like Espeon's movepool and all-around stats.

Edited by Moxxey