[OU] The Final Team

It's been a while. I've been so into Monotype that I've completely neglected OU. No worries though, I always come through with a team or two to get me back into the mix after a bit of prior research. 

Image result for ash greninja sprite gifImage result for jirachi  gif spriteImage result for venusaur gif spriteImage result for dragonite gif spriteImage result for tapu koko gif sprite  Image result for alakazam gif sprite

The process of making this team was somewhat long, so bear with me.
I decided to Start off with arguably the most solid Pokemon in OU, being Mega Venusaur. This thing walls so many threats that it's not even funny; Keldeo, Mega Diancie, Clefable, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, and oh so much more. So yeah, this was definitely a top candidate to start Building around.
Venusaur
Although Mega Venusaur is quite bulky and has a good typing, it does have some very exploitable weaknesses. Pokemon Like Latios, Latias, Tapu Lele, etc. come in and either set up on it, K.O. it, or force it out; it can't beat them. That's why I added Jirachi in order to alleviate those weaknesses. They have decent synergy as Mega Venusaur takes care of the ground types that annoy Jirachi, and Jirachi takes care of the psychic and flying mons that annoy Mega Venusaur. FIre types are still an issue for this core, as Thick fat helps, but strong fire type moves still break it. However, Jirachi also alleviates that common fire type weaknesses between the two with Stealth Rock support, and the ability to cripple and potentially ParaFlinch said foes to death if it comes down to it.
VenusaurJirachi
Greninja. Greninja helps to also alleviate the common Fire-Ground weakness between the two, as the core is still susceptible to strong fire type Pokemon like Mega Charizard X, Alolan Marowak, Volcarona, etc, and Once it gets into its Ash-Greninja form, It's quite the good cleaner with Water Shuriken, being one of the most powerful priority moves in the entire game, only being rivaled by a Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch, while also keeping momentum going with U-Turn. With the right predictions, this mon by itself can tear chunks out of opponent's teams to let it's teammates come in and finish the job.
VenusaurJirachiGreninja
We're missing something. Two tanks, and a wallbreaker....We need a setup mon.  Dragonite's vast movepool, massive attack, and good enough speed to get some kills going after a Dragon Dance, backed up by its stellar bulk that's even more back up by Multiscale, enabling it to let it set up on almost anything makes dragonite an amazing candidate. Dragonite also Alleviates the Ground/Fire instability between the Jirachi and Mega Venusaur core, and has many resistances it has to offer, letting it wall mons such as Victini (given it doesn't have Glaciate, then that's a fat L), Volcarona, Hawlucha, Heatran, Scolipede, etc. Overall, it's just a great setup mon and goes really well with the current three mons that we have.
VenusaurJirachiGreninjaDragonite
Now that we have the offensive/defensive parts down, we need to move on to things like hazard support. hazard support is CRITICAL in OU. For example, in a worst case scenario, you have an OU team with no hazard support, and you meet a hazard stack team (A team that focuses on getting up stealth rocks and spikes, and then shuffling your mons out with roar and whirlwind to the point where they can finish you off quite easily.) having stealth rocks and three layers of spikes can take off from huge chunks of health, from 25% - 75%, depending on how weak you are to stealth rocks. That's why we have Tapu Koko. Yes, I'm using Tapu Koko as an offensive Defogger.
Tapu Koko gets rid of most flying types, so that's good for Mega venusaur, provides momentum, so that's good for Jirachi and Greninja, and clears hazards with Defog. One of the most substantial things Tapu Koko does is it 1v1's Smeargle, due to it's electric terrain negating sleep, and trust me, webs messes this team up really badly, so its important to keep webs off the field at all costs, making Tapu Koko fit the best on this team. 

VenusaurJirachiGreninjaDragoniteTapu Koko
And last but not least, who to we have to finish the squad of doom off with? some amazing S-Tier mon? nah, we're wrapping this up with Alakazam. Why Alakazam? Magic Guard + Focus Sash. This team doesn't do too well against other setup mons, including stuff like dragonite, haxorus, Landorus, etc. Focus Sash + a well timed Counter cancels this out. But you have to play the counter right or they'll play mind games, and if you lose that, It's a descent into hell from there. Alakazam also has some good coverage, enabling it to threaten walls like Toxapex/Amoonguss with Psychic/Psyshock, Tyranitar, Kyurem-Black, etc, with Focus Blast, and Alolan Marowak and Mimikyu (given that it's disguise is broken), and so on.
VenusaurJirachiGreninjaDragoniteTapu KokoAlakazam
So all in all, this team is looking extremely solid. It has its weaknesses though. Celesteela remains forever annoying, as always, Mega Medicham hurts a lot, especially with rocks up, and Z-Celebrate victini does a number as well. These weaknesses can be alleviated by good predictions and plays, but the opponent isn't a sitting duck either. Truly the internal struggle of a battle.

CopyPasta:

Spoiler

Kakashi (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Battle Bond  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- U-turn  
- Water Shuriken  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  

The Fallen (Jirachi) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Iron Head  
- U-turn  
- Thunder Wave  

Amaryllis (Venusaur-Mega) (F) @ Venusaurite  
Ability: Chlorophyll  
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Giga Drain  
- Sludge Bomb  
- Synthesis  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  

Megalodon (Dragonite) (M) @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Fly  
- Earthquake  
- Extreme Speed  

Vegito (Tapu Koko) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Electric Surge  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 1 Atk  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Volt Switch  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Presto! (Alakazam) (M) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Magic Guard  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Counter  
- Psyshock  
- Focus Blast  
- Shadow Ball  

Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism you got to say. Later.

Team looks really solid, i like it! Just want to know why you chose Ice Beam over Dark Pulse for Greninja. It usually is better for Ash Gren cause it let's it beat Toxapex after transformation with potential flinch and it chunks Ferrothorn better than Ice Beam.
Also I can see Magmatran being quite annoying, and has quite the usage at moment

On 6/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, pyrromanis said:

Team looks really solid, i like it! Just want to know why you chose Ice Beam over Dark Pulse for Greninja. It usually is better for Ash Gren cause it let's it beat Toxapex after transformation with potential flinch and it chunks Ferrothorn better than Ice Beam.
Also I can see Magmatran being quite annoying, and has quite the usage at moment

That's a fair question. It was the hardest choice for me when making this team, At one point I was even tempted to throw away U-Turn, but I gave Into Ice beam because of Tangrowth/Dragonite/Haxorus that this team can't handle as well. This team has answers to things like Toxapex and Ferrothorn (somewhat less for ferrothorn, but eh), which Is why I used Ice beam over it. Yes, Alakazam exists, but I like to keep its sash intact through most of the match, if possible. And the squad can handle MagmaTran decently well with AshNinja, Dragonite, and Alakazam if played well. (Alakazam after some chip damage.)  So ye-