Quotes

Cyrus

Since everyone has quotes on their signatures and such. Why don't we have a place where we just post quotes, silly or serious.Just remember to post the source! I'll start us off with two.

"What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?' A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?' A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... " Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

"Out of the people that ever were, almost all of them are dead. There are way more dead people, and you're all gonna die and then you're gonna be dead for way longer than you're alive. Like that's mostly what you're ever gonna be. You're just dead people that didn't die yet." Louis C.K.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll solve equations with my right hand and write names with my left. I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" -Light Yagami, Death Note.

"I'll give you a strawberry if you keep this a secret." -L, Death Note.

"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause trouble without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood... and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they've never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them... because in truth, I am that monster" -L, Death Note.

Death Note is my favorite anime okay.

"I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you" - Liam Neeson

Edited by Explosms

"I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few." -Adolf Hitler

"Strength lies not in the defense but in the attack." -Adolf Hitler

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." -Napoleon Bonaparte

"I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up." -Napoleon Bonaparte

lol nubs -Ghandi

We're a fast paced society. Things change, people change--all in the blink of an eye. The trends of today, washed away tomorrow. Money here, money there, war, fighting--but what's the reason? Why do things happen? -Unknown

"You either never talk, or you're being a bitch! Can't you act fucking normal?!" -Classmate.

"Talk louder, cunt!" -Classmate.

"You make me lose faith in humanity." -Me.

"We try to catch up with the world, but we’re so far out of reach." -Adam Gontier, from the song Try to catch up with the World.

"Piracy is not bad - in fact, I embrace it. If you have a message, you might as well convey it. It's comforting knowing that people are willing are listen to me rant, talk bullshit and sing all of that."

- Gord Downie at a Tragically Hip concert

"Everything's amazing right now, and nobody is happy."

-Louis C.K.

"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it."

- George Carlin

My personal favorite (viewer discretion is advised)

"Same-sex marriage, it doesn't have any effect on your life. What do you care? People try to talk about it like it's a social issue. Like when you see someone stand up on a talk show and say, "How am I supposed to explain to my children that two men are getting married?... I dunno. It's your shitty kid. You fuckin' tell 'em. Why is that anyone else's problem? Two guys are in LOVE and they can't get married because you don't want to talk to your ugly child for five fuckin' minutes?

- Louis C.K.

• 3 weeks later...

The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed! My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic, for I now find I have no choice at all! I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined! -

10 points to Gryffindor if anyone knows who said it. even if from Slytherin cuz Dumbledore makes his own rules

“Religion has caused more harm than any other idea since the beginning
of time. There's nothing good I can say about it. People use it as a
crutch.” - Larry Flynt

"People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right."
-J. K. Rowling

I'll more than likely post a great deal more later.

And, Maelstrom. That's fucking Dinobot. And, I love you for it.

"Alle Ding' sind Gift und nichts ohn' Gift; allein die Dosis macht, dass ein Ding kein Gift ist."
- Paracelsus

"We were meant to lose people. How else would we know how important they are to us?"
- Mrs. Maple, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"...God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame."
- Roseanne Barr, excerpt from Roseanne's Monologue [season 9, Episode 24]

"Every time I've held a rose, its seems I've only felt the thorns."
- From "And so it Goes" by Billy Joel

"Your greatest weapon is making these painful mistakes and growing dramatically because of them."
- Reborn [Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! Episode 83]

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"
- Adolf Hitler

"The most profound mystery is the Gift of the Goddess and in pursuit of this gift we set on a journey and take flight. Hopeless as it may seem we stand and carry onward with the ripples of water that surface on our hearts."
- Genesis Rhapsodos quoting LOVELESS [Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII]

A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own, you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart.
- Edward Elric

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha, Naruto.

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." -Gaara, Naruto.

"You don’t understand anything, do you?! The most important thing isn’t power, it isn’t courage, it isn’t even having friends! The only thing that matters is that you can rely on ME." -Black Star, Soul Eater.

"The name's Satan. God of the demons, and your one and only father. You can call me "Daddy" if you like! Gyahahahahah!!" -Satan, Blue Exorcist.

Probably will post more later on. These are just some of my favorites.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I am the one who knocks!" - Walter White, Breaking Bad

"We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more. There's something between us all; something that keeps us together. Like...invisible ties, connecting us." - Avatar, Fire Emblem: Awakening

"The heroes never die. Come on. We've got a world to save. - Snow Villiers, Final Fantasy XIII

"Our friends' hopes and dreams are etched into its body, transforming the infinite darkness into light! Unmatched in Heaven, and Earth; one machine, equal to the gods! Super Galaxy GURREN LAGANN! ... We're gonna show you the power... of the human race." - Simon the Digger, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

"Chocobo... we just can't catch a break, can we?" -- Sazh Katzroy, Final Fantasy XIII

"Warrior goddess. Now, we cross swords!" - Caius Ballad, Final Fantasy XIII-2

""To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Assassin's Creed

"I'm gonna get you out, Jeri, if it's the last thing I FREAKIN' DO! ... FIST....! OF! THE BEAST KING!" - Beelzemon, Digimon Tamers.

"If they were willing to throw away your bond like that, they aren't worth the tears or the time it takes to shed them." - Me

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

"The only person who can say anything about who and what I am is me. Nobody else." - Me

More to come later

"I've come to deliver bad luck." -Train Heartnet, Black Cat.

"If you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle, you're nothing but a loser." -Near, Death Note.

"Light Yagami, "L", Kira, you have lost." -Near, Death Note.

"I'm gonna surpass you one day. Not for my father, but for myself. So I can become a man in my own right." -Laxus Dreyar, Fairy Tail.

"Why do women have butts on their chests?" -Goku, Dragon Ball.

"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?" -Ulquiorra Cifer, Bleach.

"Listen up. You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me.... you can even spit on me. I'll just laugh that stuff off. But... good reason or not. Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!" -Shanks, One Piece.

• Administrators
"The heroes never die. Come on. We've got a world to save. - Snow Villiers, Final Fantasy XIII
"Chocobo... we just can't catch a break, can we?" -- Sazh Katzroy, Final Fantasy XIII
"Warrior goddess. Now, we cross swords!" - Caius Ballad, Final Fantasy XIII-2

+1 (3?) but Snow was a little too ... idk the word but I don't like him. Not a fan of his attitude or the whole fist-fighting tank thing >>

"I've come to deliver bad luck." -Train Heartnet, Black Cat.

I nostalgia'd a little. Good anime <3

Would post my own but no motivation

I hated Light so lol.

Anyway, I wanted this one to be forever remembered! I wanted it to be in quote history, if you will.

"that um awkward moment when you um ban yourself from your own server" -Amethyst

ily Ame

"My armors? They were never a...distraction or a hobby. They were a cocoon. And now, I'm a changed man. So you can take away my house; take away my tricks and toys. The one thing you can't take? I AM Iron Man." -- Tony Stark, Iron Man 3