What's the shiny ratio?

CDog

I just started playing this game and haven't put much time into it. I was in the secret garden in the first area and found a shiny rattata and spinarak within 20 min of each other. I would like to know if the chance to encounter shinys is the same as the official games or if it's new player luck. :D

post-30204-0-01469000-1364931680_thumb.png

post-30204-0-16073100-1364931684_thumb.png

• Administrators

It is indeed much higher than the official games, but I don't know the exact rate either; that's all Amethyst's domain.

Also agreed, Ariados is one of my lesser-used favorites so that's a good find, I think c:

• Administrators

The original shiny rate is about 3/65500

Reborn's is 700/655whatever

So, they're still quite rare, but it's actually reasonable to expect to see a few now. Finding two so close together is definitely a feat of luck. Good job!

So, they're still quite rare, but it's actually reasonable to expect to see a few now. Finding two so close together is definitely a feat of luck. Good job!

A bit higher than I thought it could have been after the first two comments. Thank you :D

It is indeed much higher than the official games, but I don't know the exact rate either; that's all Amethyst's domain.

Also agreed, Ariados is one of my lesser-used favorites so that's a good find, I think c:

Ariados is a poke I haven't used since sliver and gold but that's going to change from now. :)

I'm not sure what the exact shiny rate is now, but it is raised quite substantially for the Reborn Game.

Well done, though! Shiny Spinirak is adorable <3

Hehe it really is and I'm definitely going to use it in my team :D

3/65536 is the chance of encountering a pokemon that is infected with Pokerus.

1/8192 is the chance of a pokemon being Shiny. :D

You should increase the pokerus chance though. At least a little.

Edited by chuckles

• 4 months later...

I found two in a row for my first two! What do I win?!