Can somebody please recommend me...

Guest Relinquished

Guest Relinquished

A good quality, free anti-virus? I have a very good one on trial (ends soon), but it tends to catch and mess up with, useful files (like fangames' exe files)! Also, most free ones i tried in the past, like AVG and McAffee, are "trash", at best.

Please people, i really need a good program to be relatively "safe"... What is your free anti-virus of choice?

Guest Relinquished

Okay, then! Malware Bytes, check! Now, onwards to an anti-virus...

I saw BitDefender has a free version, but its most useful features are paid for, alas... And it eats away "dubious" exe, like those of fangames.

I am considering to get me Avast... But at the same time, i also noticed (didn't know that before), that Kaspersky has a free version, other than trial, too! So, of those two, which one should i stick with?

heya, if you are willing to pay money, Kaspersky and ESET NOD 32 would provide a very good security, if you don't want to pay, however, I would recommend Avira since their free version provides an enough security, above AVG and McAffee for sure.

honestly, if you check and monitor your own habits and don't take major risks with your internet searches and dowloading dubious files willy-nilly, Windows Defender's latest versions are pretty good by themselves and are bundled with Win10 and the major updates.

Honestly I haven't had an anti-virus on my computer for the past couple years (again, apart from Windows Defender) and I have had 0 problems so far. Just have to be responsible while surfing and make sure I dont click on ads and so forth

• 3 weeks later...