Rejuvenation Gym Help?

I apologize in advance if this is not categorized correctly but the Rejuvenation gym help thread said it was archived

Anyways Im stuck on Erick which concerns me since I read the help thread and it doesnt seem like a lot of people struggle on this gym

Erick

Infernape | 60
Amulet Coin
[Iron Fist]
Bold 
- Move 1:Close Combat
- Move 2:Calm Mind
- Move 3:Rock Climb
- Move 4:Magma Drift

(The EV stats are pretty good cause its fast and has good attack stats just a slightly lower Sp Def stat)

Xatu | 57

Twisted Spoon
[Synchronize]
Gentle
- Move 1:Psychic

- Move 2:Shadow Ball
- Move 3:Me First
- Move 4: Air Slash

(Also fairl decent EV stats, not the fastest on the field but typically wont attack last with high Sp Atk)

Cacturne | 57

No Item
[Water Absorb]
Adamant

- Move 1:Sucker Punch

- Move 2:Sandstorm
- Move 3: Cut 
- Move 4: Energy Ball

(Not the strongest stats every will since it was a former shadow and its EV are ehhh across the board but has very strong Atk and Sp Atk)

Manectric | 55

NO Item
[Static]
Rash

- Move 1:Thunder

- Move 2:Discharge
- Move 3:Bite
- Move 4: Charge

(Defense and Sp Defense sorta low but everything else EV wise is high)

Floatzel | 55

Sea Incense
[Water Veil]
Serious
- Move 1:Aqua Tail

- Move 2:Surf
- Move 3:Dig
- Move 4: Rock Smash

(Always outspeeds everything on the field with a hgher Atk than Sp Atk, not to say thats not high as well, but Def and Sp Def are low for this mon)

Altaria | 59

No Item
[Cloud Nine]
Timid
- Move 1:Dragon Pulse

- Move 2:Moonblast
- Move 3:cotton guard
- Move 4: Sky Attack

(Very well rounded aside from its Atk being sorta lower than the Sp Atk but all around great in other aspects)

I've pretty much been RNG ing through most of this game with this team but this is kind of where my luck is running out, also meaning the closest highest level mon for e is like in the 40s lvl wise with like no EV training, for the time being I've been side qesting in which i have a lot of money so that really shouldnt be an issue as well I've been collecting various TMs but none that seem to be game changers for this fight. I've always been one to manipulate the field but im not sure you can do that in this case. Any and all replies are welcome and will probably help.

Edited by thatoneguy9718

• Global Mods

Well the obvious thing would be temporarily subbing out those weak to electric for ground types and/or things resistant to electric. also, if I'm remembering correctly and it's a double battle, Ability capsuling Manectric to lightningrod would be really good.

It's a double battle that takes place on the murkwater field, which makes ground moves  useless. This is what makes the fight hard. Mind you the battle was on a totally different field in earlier versions so I imagine that's partly why people don't struggle with it much. 

I found grass useful due to its electric resist(electric impulse hits hella hard even resisted and will likely paralyze you) and it's essential against his Wash Rotom. I'd save Cacturne for it especially. Manetric will be useful with lightning rod but I believe Elecitvire also has motor drive meaning manetric will likely lose against it. Infernape. should be able to deal some good damage against elecivire via close combat and hopefully outspeed it but will likely get OHKO to it as well, with the field boost + life orb electivire's STAB hits INCREDIBLY hard. TBH I think Xatu is dead weight in this fight, as A-Raichu outspeeds it and will likely OHKO it. Floatzel seems excellent for delivering a coup de grace to a weakened pokemon as I think aqua tail gets a boost but at the same time it's gonna go down easy. Altaria's good special defense is quite nice so it has the most lasting power of your mons  but I don't feel it'll be strong enough to take down megamphy efficiently enough, at least not by itself. It wouldn't surprise me if megaamphy actually beats out altaria, as megaamphy has good special bulk and altaria's special attack is rather mediocre.   Your team lacks bulk, more than half your mons are glass cannons so to speak and erik just hits way too hard and with eelektross/wash rotom on his team is simply going to thug through your offenses. 

I hate to break it to you but you're either going to have to rely on X items/potions/stuff or raise up some more pokemon, as this team is at a severe disadvantage for this battle. Thankfully Rejuv is grind friendly and has the audino breeder in the news station as well as dr jenkel's if you want to do the xen missions again for experience.

This fight took me 3 tries and it's one of the tougher ones honestly. I used houndoom, primarina, ludicolo, lycanroc, throh, and decideueye without using any pack items, I find that strong physical moves are the way to go with electivire(his defense is miserable, so Infernape should work well against him), strong fairy or dragon offense for Megamphy(preferably physical), grass for rotom(it's bulky and grass is like the only reliable way to do big damage on it, plus it resists both its STABs though I do think it carries hidden power ice), strong physical bug/dark/ghost for A-Raichu(again physically squishy), and for eelektross...honestly that thing is a PITA and it carries giga drain so even ground types are susceptible to it. It ended up being the last pokemon I took down and the most difficult. The only saving grace is that it's really slow. 

Worst case scenerio, you can raise the turtwig egg that you got from the help center completion. Of course that's a time investment but it's an option. Torterra seems like it'd be legit for this gym, as long as you keep it from the ice attacks.