Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Charlotte e17

Bolt_air

Question

1 minute ago, Ezekiel_Amodum said:

Okay soooo I'm stuck on the battle with Charlotte at her gym for the TMX dive. Anyone that beat her in e17, may you please give me some tips on how to fight her? My team gets sweeped lol.

Archeops with Rock Slide will sweep her entire team with nary a scratch.

Nothing good xD. Best I can do right now is have out my Rhyperior that knows rain dance, but always dies the turn rain dance is used up. Also, the Volcarona completely destroys the Rhyperior with Giga Drain, so I'm at a loss of what to do.

Pc pokemon: 

Smoochum

A-Sandslash

Roserade

Electrike

Archanine

Egg

Buizel

Houndoom

Onix

Heliopitile

Duskull

Muk

Toxicroak

Hariyama

Hoothoot

Rhyperior/Poliwhirl

Comfey

Swampert

Gengar

Wailord

Clefairy 

Bronzong

MagcargoMeowth

Drudigon

My team:

Metagross - Miracle eye, Meteor mash, Zen headbutt, Psychic

Zoroark - Foul play, Nasty plot, Night daze, Agility

Scizor - Metal claw, X-scissor, False swipe, Agility 

Flygon - Dragon Rush, Dragon claw, Rock Slide. Dig

Typhlosion - Smokescreen, Extrasensory, Lava Plume, Flamethrower

Poliwhirl/Rhyperior - Surf, Mud shot, Belly Drum, Rosk smash/Horn Drill. Stone edge, Earthquake, Rain dance

I have a link stone

most useful pc pokemon is probably swampert, scizor will get OHKO by heat wave and don't have time to setup agility so replace it and remove typhlosion for poliwhirl and rhyperior, 'cuz you gonna use rain dance and replace metagross with water/rock/ground (most preferably water

Hmm...

So we're tossing out the easy way.

Back-up plan, does Bronzong have heatproof? If so, you should be able to teach it Trick Room, Charlotte's team is pretty fast so if you go for a slower strategy it will be harder for her to stomp you with reversed speed. If you have a linkstone and King's Rock you could evolve Poliwhirl into Drizzle Politoed, getting rain out immediately. Use it to knock the Typhlosion out ASAP. Let Politoed get KO'd by Volcarona when she switches it in, then go for a Stone Edge off Rhyperior or Swampert on it ASAP to  get ride of the Giga Drain.

In addition, if you can keep the Trick Room up you can try using Jynx's Blizzard to terminate the Superheated field, which would hit her Pokemon fairly hard, and render it impossible (or at least difficult) to get the Burning field she is really dangerous with.

And as others have suggested grabbing a Donphan is also a solid Pokemon.

Yes, because it knows Giga Drain. 4x effectiveness

Oh, I kinda forgot her team, and you rhyperior has the same problem too.

I really don't know how to help with pokemon but a rain dance pokemon is the key 

Oh geez, uh...what happens if my Bronzong does not have heatproof?

this kinda sucks but catch in the grass besides the city

You have Arcanine and Houndoom on your pc. If you talk with Ame on the gym she'll tell something like 'why don't fight fire with fire' and man, this works wonders! On my first run I had a bunch of fire types (because they are my favorite) so I went with a fire team against her, win on first try. So here goes my suggestion:

Use Swampert, Flygon and Rhyperior to do as much as damage as you can, then bring up your fires and burn her gym down. I don't know why, but your Flygon doesn't know Earthquake, I wonder why?

Also if you can, use some Rare Candies + Common Candies to lvl up Typhlosion until it gets Eruption (lvl 82) and reverse to the lvl cap. 

Good luck!

When I battled her, Chandelure carried and 6-0ed with Flash Fire, so, my suggestion would be to use Arcanine or Houndoom with Flash Fire. Their damage outputs will still be quite high even through resistances. Hariyama/Persian with Fake Out also might help. Flygon is a valuable asset, especially with Rock Slide and Magcargo might help. You could also go hunting in Ametrine Mountain for a Horsea and evolve it with a Link Stone for Kingdra.