Complete lists on nerfs?

Guest Relinquished

Guest Relinquished

I searched a bit, but i cannot find any definitive compilations, around this theme... I would very much need for study and quick reference, list entries of:

1. All pokemon that were nerfed, throughout the generations

2. All pokemon held items that were nerfed, throughout the generations

3. All pokemon moves and abilities that were nerfed, throughout the generations

If anybody has a link to something like that, it would be much appreciated!

• Global Mods

I think pokemon/moves normally get buffs rather than nerfs, but if you go to bulbapedias page for each generation, it seems like it documents pretty much all changes from the previous one

A very minor example of a nerf and one that mainly applies for -ingame stuff, but Lucario's level up set I liked more in gen 4 because he learned aura sphere at 37 and  close combat at level 42, but gen V made him learn heal pulse instead(seriously) with swords dance at 37(instead of lvl 33) and moved close combat to level 55.  Gen V at least gave him calm mind but I remember being sorely disappointed by this using Lucario in gen 5.  Heal pulse shoving close combat to like endgame levels freakin sucked.

6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think pokemon/moves normally get buffs rather than nerfs, but if you go to bulbapedias page for each generation, it seems like it documents pretty much all changes from the previous one

Then there's Blizzard and Hypnosis, two exceptions to the rule. Blizzard's accuracy as well as base power has been decreased and when it comes to Hypnosis it got briefly buffed before it was nerfed again.

From the top of my mind I remember some nerfs done to moves like: 

-Dragon Pulse's base power dropped from 90 to 85 in gen VI (pretty f*cking dumb imo);

-Blizzard, Fire Blast, Hurricane, Hydro Pump and Thunder had their base power dropped from 120 to 110 in gen VI (again pretty f*cking dumb, since some pokémon needed those extra ten points in power to justify themselves in a team and considering the accuracy of those moves they should make a bang once they hit);

- In gen VI, Overheat, Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm had their base power dropped from 140 to 130;

- In gen VII Sucker Punch's power was dropped from 80 to 70  and it's priority was decreased from +2 to +1, making it my most hated nerf ever, seriously (farewell to my annoying as f*ck OP Sucker Punch CurseBreon).

As for nerfed abilities, weather inducing ones had their duration reduced in gen VI. However, the only nerf I loathe and find really worth noting is Gale Wings in gen VII.

Gamefreak:  "We have stuff like Speed Boost, Moxie on two deadly Dragon Dancers, Unaware on bulky shit with access to Recover, a bulky as hell Regenerator + Recover user (Toxacrap). Are we going to do something about those? FK  NO.  Let's nerf the base 81 attk, frail as hell falcon, because spamming  a 120BP, recoil stab is too broken in a game overflowing with bulky shit... oh, and let's also add a priority rock type move just in case."

Sure, Swords Dance upped Talonflame's game, but Taunt and Haze are still very much popular, so what was the point of this nerf rly?