How to continue....

aMMu

Hello together,

first of all i want to apologize for my bad english. Second i would like this chance to thank all the devs. You are doing a great work and this game is awesome.

I played this game till ep. 15 but then i got somehow bored and stopped at the agatha circus after a while of grinding levels.

Now i saw that there are 2 new episodes and i have a few questions regarding my "team".

After i started to play Pokemon Reborn i was just trying to catch all pokemon and train them equally. After a while i just focused on some of them because grinding levels with all pokemon is quite boring.

After i heard most players are playing with only a few pokemon i wondered how they achieve this because my kind of play was following. I just focused on attack and attack skills. I trained as much pokemon as possible and if i had to fight a gym leader (e.g. fire-leader) i just put all my pokemon in my team who had an advantage against fire (e.g. water, etc.). So i just switched my pokemons pretty often. You can image that this kind of play is pretty much grinding, because you need so many different types of pokemon to have a chance in Reborn.

Now i want to play with a "core-team". That means i want to focus most time on 6 pokemon with whom i walk through the world of reborn and fight most trainers/leaders. As you can imagine i am a big noob and have nearly not much experience in pokemon games generally. Can you guys give me some advice which pokemon a beginner like me should use in such a team and which skills this pokemon should have?

Another question is, should i start a complete new game because i forgot to catch a pretty good pokemon or something?

Thank you very much for your help and again, sorry for my bad english and the long text

Kind regards,

aMMu

PS: On the pictures you see my current Pokemon who are all above lvl 75 which i could use for the "core-Team"

Team2.png

Team1.png

Edited by aMMu

You have a lot of interesting mons ! First advice i can give to you is : don't give up 🙂 Reborn is a game that require a lot of patience.

If i could do a strong team based on your mons i will say : gardevoir , magnezone , volcarona , donphan , scrafty and crobat. 

That is just my opinion , but as i said you have strongs mons and so many possibility to create a strong comp. Keep gardevoir , magnezone and volcarona on your main team cause they are essential to me. 

I can't say for other people but my main team is usually a pokemon currently is the best move base, stat base and coverage of types. I usually have 3 sweeper, 2 wall and 1 low level to absorb the exp so they don't level up in middle of battle so I can fight them in max level. While you have a lot of good potential pokemon, I don't really know its build.

A lot of moves in pokemon is interesting such as return (power based on happiness), and interesting strat like sleep powder - dream eater combo to make your powerful drainer pokemon while making your opponent can't do anything. And there's always strategy of focus sash - destiny bond for you to use to beat a God pokemon.

And since you'll have more money the more you have badge, I'm sure you can outrevive all your opponent so just play whatever you want.

You should actively use the terrains / field effects. You don't need many mons once you have access to the move relearner and move tutors because you can teach a mon different moves to suit the field effect~

hey, so I have never contributed anything and figures might as well try, anyway, you got a lot of array of mons right there, gotta clap to your dedication on training on each of them.
as for tips on how to play through Reborn with core pokemon rather than training every single one you have is to plan early on your team, it's like playing a competitive battle.

my pivot for making a team in Reborn and similar fan pokemon game are as follows:
- Your team has to cover various role in battling (example: sweeper, tank, status setter, etc.)
- It covers various type, try not to have a team that consists of pokemon that only effective to one or two types (don't worry, Reborn gym leaders usually have secondary type in each of their pokemon that you can use of).
- High stats for the pokemon role (e.g. sweeper must have high speed and attack stats), you can check stats for every pokemon at bulbapedia.
- Have a good moveset to play their respective role.
- You like the pokemon, so you wouldn't be bored while you have to grind them.

as to how to play just with core pokemon, try to utilize:
- Field Effect, use em or destroy em (just destroy Serra's field, Mirror Arena is a hax.)
- Your pokemon role, (e.g. unleash the speedy stealth rock setter, then SWEEEP SWEEEP with the sweeper with priority moves.)
- Gym Leaders pokemon's secondary typing, just because Corey is a poison Gym Leader doesn't mean Mareanie is not affected by a good ol' charge beam.
- Consumable and niche items, those revives, air balloons, etc. can come in handy.
- EV training, if over-levelled, common candy to lower them.

Lastly always have 2 or 3 backups in ready to alternate your strategy or to give that whooping a little bit more wham when your main core team can't defeat the Gym Leader (or trainer, or that stupid hooded Admin) no matter what strategy you use

these are my personal guideline to decide most of what I do in Reborn to ensure a win, hope it would help you in your future endeavour, Good Luck!

Hey guys,

thank you very much for your answers and your support. I will try to follow your advices and get a core-team and some backup mons.

But now i have another question. Ist there any site or something where i can find good skillsets for all pokemon? Or does the skillsets depend very strong on which pokemon i use in my team and therefore a general good skillset cant be recommended?

Tank you very much

4 hours ago, aMMu said:

Hey guys,

thank you very much for your answers and your support. I will try to follow your advices and get a core-team and some backup mons.

But now i have another question. Ist there any site or something where i can find good skillsets for all pokemon? Or does the skillsets depend very strong on which pokemon i use in my team and therefore a general good skillset cant be recommended?

Tank you very much

A starting point is the Smogon movesets - if you google a pokemon, you'll probably find at least one Smogon moveset webpage 😛

However, if it were me, I'd leave the movesets customizable. That is, there are some moves that I wouldn't recommend as a static move, but given specific field effects can be useful. For example, Sing is a move with low accuracy which I never use, but under the Field Effect of Big Top Arena, Sing gains an accuracy of 100% which makes the move very useful.

Some other moves like choosing between Rock Slide vs Stone Edge might be decided whether or not you are facing a single opponent or double battle.