E3 2018 Favourite Games & Conferences

Abyssreaper99

Heyyy everyone, E3 has had it's heights and it's rock bottoms. What games announced thus far has caught your eye? Which conference do you think has done the best? Which conference may as well have been in the wastelands? What are your expectations for the remainder of the conferences?

Discuss it all here!

Cyberpunk 2077 and Elder Scrolls 6 are definitely the games that I'm looking forward to most even though its gonna be 3+ years before I get to play them. Outside of that seeing the trailer for KH3 was nice and having an official release date. EA and Square Enix were the most disappointing didn't feel like they brought much to the table compared to everyone else. 

I feel like whenever I watch a Death Stranding trailer my head, brain and body is one step closer to getting whooped in a psychiatric ward. This game is so interesting and delightfully star-studded I must say. Sony's titles are all top-notch this year.

As quotes not working again for me (They're a bit iffy), I'll put stuff inside of spoiler tags instead. Just gonna put a warning here: Much text, many words.

Dreamblitz:

Spoiler

Devolvers 20 min presentation way pretty funny, even if they didn't say anything about AG&D sadly. 

Skyrim very special edition trailer was great.

I think the did the V. special edition just to have a laugh about how they ported Skyrim to many modern consoles. Sadly I didn't watch Devolvers as I didn't see it on the YT schedule.

XTrack:

Spoiler

Cyberpunk 2077 and Elder Scrolls 6 are definitely the games that I'm looking forward to most even though its gonna be 3+ years before I get to play them. Outside of that seeing the trailer for KH3 was nice and having an official release date. EA and Square Enix were the most disappointing didn't feel like they brought much to the table compared to everyone else.

I think the way Cyberpunk was delivered made the game stand out, as well as it's cool trailer. They could have provided slightly more info on ES6, the province(s) we'll be in, but at least it's finally here! I agree that Enix and EA were huge disappointments. You know your shows bad when one of the few times the crowd cheers is when you say you aren't forcing microtransactions on people.

HUEnd:

Spoiler

RE2 REMAKE YEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Never played RE2 but at least fans are getting the remake they deserve. 

Maqqy:

Spoiler

I feel like whenever I watch a Death Stranding trailer my head , brain and body is one step closer to getting whooped in a psychiatric ward. This game is so interesting and delightfully star studded I must say. Sony's titles are all top-notch this year.

Heard mixed reviews about Sony's conference and sadly couldn't stay up to watch that (as it's early hours of the morning when it was on). I'll have to have a watch of the Death Stranding trailers as have not looked at them yet.

I'm personally looking forward to ES6 (even if it's a long way off), FO76, Tunic (Who doesn't want to play as an adorable fox during an adventure), JC4 looked interesting, GoW5 (Will probably never play as too much catchup but still cool nonetheless). 

Ubisoft's Just Dance and Trials parts of the conference made me laugh but the rest was sorta cringe. EA was trashier than a Garbodor and Square Enix was very disappointing. Didn't watch Bethesda's as was too late but happy with announcements and Xbox blew me away with the variety of what was announced.

I just hope Nintendo will be able to deliver. I would like some more news on the Pokemon Let's Go games, maybe about the next main series game, Smash, maybe a new ace attorney game (come on Capcom, new game or english release of DGS). 

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Cuphead DLC.

These are the ones I really liked.

Sekiro looks insane! The grappling hook is gonna change so much.
If you can get to higher places using it, or thinking about all the opportunities using it, imagine a boss where you have to chase it or you are being chased by multiple enemies and you move around with it.

This e3 hasn't disappointed me yet, it's only up to Nintendo if they disappoint or not.

Smash is guaranteed, so I have high expectations from them.

Washman:

Spoiler

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Cuphead DLC.

These are the ones I really liked.

Sekiro looks insane! The grappling hook is gonna change so much.
If you can get to higher places using it, or thinking about all the opportunities using it, imagine a boss where you have to chase it or you are being chased by multiple enemies and you move around with it.

This e3 hasn't disappointed me yet, it's only up to Nintendo if they disappoint or not.

Smash is guaranteed, so I have high expectations from them.

I completely forgot about Sekiro even though I was hyped when I saw it. That's something I'm definitely getting when released. Nappy should play the Cuphead DLC on his second channel. I'm pretty much praying that Nintendo do not screw up.

GS: 

Spoiler

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!

Cyberpunk 2077

Will have to rewatch Bloodstained as can't exactly remember the trailer but I'm hyped for Cyberpunk

I feel like Sony's conference has easily been the best for me so far. Overall the games I'm most excited for throughout are:

- Kingdom Hearts 3

- Devil May Cry V

- Nioh 2

- Dragon Quest XI

- Cyberpunk 2077

- Ghost of Tsushima

I know my wife (who's obsessed with Fallout) was stoked for Fallout 76. She actually was finally able to secure herself a pre-order for the Power Armor edition last night!

Fingers crossed Nintendo hits us hard today! 

Edited by CodeCass
How could I forget DMC5 and DQ?

Devil May Cry 5

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Smash Ultimate
Deamon X Machina
Spiderman
Ghosts of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part 2
Kingdom Hearts 3

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Death Stranding

I generally wasn't excited by much in E3 this year, because I'm only really a nintendo person and don't like Smash. 

The Xenoblade 2 story DLC looked incredible and was definitely the highlight of the nintendo direct for me. 

That being said, I'm most excited for the Tales of Vesperia remake, as I've been super interested in playing that for a while but have never had a console to play it on. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Relinquished

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!

I am a kickstarter backer for it, actually! And i got the Steam Demo... But i was in for a couple of nasty surprises... I hope the final release is better optimized for PC environment, with proper controls too.

• 2 weeks later...