What's Your Favorite Game to Nuzlocke?

CodeCass

As many times as I've tried, I've yet to complete a Nuzlocke. I'm always looking to try again though! Thinking about trying Omega Ruby next! 

I was curious what you guys' and gals' favorite Pokémon game to Nuzlocke is? 

Do you all typically play standard versions of the games on they're consoles? Do you like to Nuzlocke hacks like Volt White?

Curious what you guys enjoy! 

personally, I usually challenge myself to not let any pokemon die in my nuzlocke whatsoever. thats why I prefer somewhat easier games, mainly such as the core series. my favorites are games in which the variety of pokemon you can catch is rather good (such as platinum, bw2 or usum), or games that despite being core series still challenge the player to give it their all (platinum, bw2, usum again).

ive also nuzlocked randomizers, hacks or fangames, but I find they noticeably less likeable- to my knowledge ive only finished about two or three nuzlockes of games that werent just regular core series. especially randomizers get old really quickly.

I prefer to nuzlocke games that I have never played before, mainly cause I like hte challenge that you don't know what you will face or what available resources you get. So far I tried that with Flora Sky which was a great experience and with pokemon prism (when it was in beta) which ended horribly. 

11 minutes ago, Morshu said:

personally, I usually challenge myself to not let any pokemon die in my nuzlocke whatsoever. thats why I prefer somewhat easier games, mainly such as the core series. my favorites are games in which the variety of pokemon you can catch is rather good (such as platinum, bw2 or usum), or games that despite being core series still challenge the player to give it their all (platinum, bw2, usum again).

ive also nuzlocked randomizers, hacks or fangames, but I find they noticeably less likeable- to my knowledge ive only finished about two or three nuzlockes of games that werent just regular core series. especially randomizers get old really quickly.

I definitely agree. I really enjoyed the challenge of my Platinum playthrough. I've never tried nuzlocking a fan game personally, and I dislike randomizers entirely. There are certain hacks like Volt White that I really enjoyed however, simply because it added some more variety to the catchable Pokémon.  

It really depends, I've done a few different Nuzlockes but one of the earlier generations might be easier due to lack of abilities or things like that. It made something like a ratatta solorun possible because of the general ground vs ghost/poisons. Ultimately whichever game you feel the most comfortable in can be fun to nuzlocke. If you want an easy time you can grind to lower the possibility of losing mons or you can choose to not grind and have a little more risk.