Is this weird to do?

Rocketfig

I chose a chimchar as my starter (early into the game as of right now) and I'm wondering if it would be weird to switch my chimchar with a magby whenever i get a magby in the game (i saw it was available) i love magmortar, as it is my 4th favorite mon, so idk what to do

27 minutes ago, Rocketfig said:

Yeah, i was gonna keep my chimchar until i actually got the magby, but its sad to hear its available so late in the game 😞 my chimchar has a attack lowering nature, so close combat, mach punch, etc will be much weaker

When you get to 7th Street look for the Pokemon Psychologist. He'll change Chimchar's nature for a heart scale.

14 hours ago, Rocketfig said:

I chose a chimchar as my starter (early into the game as of right now) and I'm wondering if it would be weird to switch my chimchar with a magby whenever i get a magby in the game (i saw it was available) i love magmortar, as it is my 4th favorite mon, so idk what to do

I wonder why would you think it's weird to switch your starter pokemon with your favorite pokemon.

I mean...

Since I myself trashed my own Greninja after 2nd gym for a goldeen, it's not weird to switch out your starter at early game.