Graphical Settings Reborn

GriffinO1

Honestly there isn't much you can do outside of maybe experimenting with the F1 menu, it's going to be mostly PC dependent; including what you may or may not have running in the background. Even then, in some spots it might not necessarily be your PC; Reborn still needs a bit of optimization work, but that's potentially entirely limited by RPGMaker, it's engine, and Pokémon Essentials; so that's to be expected. I have a pretty good gaming PC, and even it chugs some in particularly dense places.

You could try adjusting Reborn's priority with the Task Manager, that could help. As could adjusting the screen size via the menu.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:22 PM, GriffinO1 said:

It was particularly laggy in Malachous Forest

Don't go there? 😛

Yep, Reborn could use some optimization, but that would be a lot of work for dubious rewards... I mean, it's laggy but you can still play, can you not? How bad is the lag?

If the weather is a problem you could use a mod to change it, or better yet you can actually force it to bug out:
1. Move your system date to 2028
2. Keep moving it 1 day forward (then enter an house and exit again, to refresh the weather) until you get clear weather
3. Save
4. Put your system date back to the correct time

This will get your weather stuck to clear weather for 10 years, which should be enough.

1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

Don't go there? 😛

Yep, Reborn could use some optimization, but that would be a lot of work for dubious rewards... I mean, it's laggy but you can still play, can you not? How bad is the lag?

If the weather is a problem you could use a mod to change it, or better yet you can actually force it to bug out:
1. Move your system date to 2028
2. Keep moving it 1 day forward (then enter an house and exit again, to refresh the weather) until you get clear weather
3. Save
4. Put your system date back to the correct time

This will get your weather stuck to clear weather for 10 years, which should be enough.

It gets laggy to the point that my character slows down, but it seems to be caused by trees, not weather.

3 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

It gets laggy to the point that my character slows down, but it seems to be caused by trees, not weather.

Mmm... as far as I know the trees in Reborn aren't actually trees (they're tiles, they're drawings of a tree), and thus they shouldn't slow your system down more than the city maps do.
Then again, as @Bearadactyl pointed out, Reborn needs a kind of optimization that may not even be possible for the devs, and even if it were possible it would still be a huge load.

I know only one more trick that might help: have you tried using the SpeedHack feature from CheatEngine? Since it forces a change in your processing speed, it might be helpful.

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Mmm... as far as I know the trees in Reborn aren't actually trees (they're tiles, they're drawings of a tree), and thus they shouldn't slow your system down more than the city maps do.
Then again, as @Bearadactyl pointed out, Reborn needs a kind of optimization that may not even be possible for the devs, and even if it were possible it would still be a huge load.

I know only one more trick that might help: have you tried using the SpeedHack feature from CheatEngine? Since it forces a change in your processing speed, it might be helpful.

Well this isn’t my own computer so I probably wouldn’t be allowed to die that, but I’m guessing it’s more the areas with trees then trees themselves, maybe the moving plants and grass.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:08 AM, GriffinO1 said:

Well this isn’t my own computer so I probably wouldn’t be allowed to die that, but I’m guessing it’s more the areas with trees then trees themselves, maybe the moving plants and grass.

It *might* be the trees (they have to be painted twice - it's difficult to explain), but if so then there isn't much that can be done... your PC is simply not powerful enough 😞

Please try using this file and check if you get any improvement: [deleted, see below]

(It will simply skip drawing the top half of the trees; to use it, copy it into the "Mods" folder)

(If you're not using any modular mod, you'll have to install one from the Mod Market here in the forum. You don't need the full mod, just the "Scripts.rxdata" file and the "Data/Mods" folder, even empty, so that this file can be loaded).

If your game stops being slow, then it's the trees - you can either keep playing without their top half or get a new PC.
If your game is still too slow, then the problem lies somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Waynolt said:

It *might* be the trees (they have to be painted twice - it's difficult to explain), but if so then there isn't much that can be done... your PC is simply not powerful enough 😞

Please try using this file and check if you get any improvement: Performance.rb

(It will simply skip drawing the top half of the trees; to use it, copy it into the "Mods" folder)

(If you're not using any modular mod, you'll have to install one from the Mod Market here in the forum. You don't need the full mod, just the "Scripts.rxdata" file and the "Data/Mods" folder, even empty, so that this file can be loaded).

If your game stops being slow, then it's the trees - you can either keep playing without their top half or get a new PC.
If your game is still too slow, then the problem lies somewhere else.

Can you give me a link to all the stuff I need to download since I don’t have mods yet.

Edited by GriffinO1
Changed question

8 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

Can you give me a link to all the stuff I need to download since I don’t have mods yet.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12ebsv
Download this archive and extract it inside of Reborn's install folder.
It will ask for permission to merge the Data folder and to overwrite the file "Scripts.rxdata"; say yes to both.
(The archive contains a backup copy of the original "Scripts.rxdata", so making a backup before overwriting it is not really necessary).
(Please note that the link above, being a SendSpace link, will eventually expire).

9 hours ago, Waynolt said:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12ebsv
Download this archive and extract it inside of Reborn's install folder.
It will ask for permission to merge the Data folder and to overwrite the file "Scripts.rxdata"; say yes to both.
(The archive contains a backup copy of the original "Scripts.rxdata", so making a backup before overwriting it is not really necessary).
(Please note that the link above, being a SendSpace link, will eventually expire).

The only folders are audio, data, fonts, and Graphics, and there are two script.rxdata, one saying original, do I need both? And which folder do I put this in. Sorry if this is tedious for you.

1 hour ago, GriffinO1 said:

The only folders are audio, data, fonts, and Graphics, and there are two script.rxdata, one saying original, do I need both? And which folder do I put this in. Sorry if this is tedious for you.

The archive in the link contains a "data" folder; you have to copy everything (as it is) from this "data" folder into Reborn's own "data" folder.
After you've done this, just start the game and check if the performance is improved.

If, after having checked the performance without the trees, you want that the game goes back to fully drawing the trees:
1. Delete the file "Scripts.rxdata"
2. Rename the file  "Scripts - Original.rxdata" to "Scripts.rxdata"

14 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

The archive in the link contains a "data" folder; you have to copy everything (as it is) from this "data" folder into Reborn's own "data" folder.
After you've done this, just start the game and check if the performance is improved.

If, after having checked the performance without the trees, you want that the game goes back to fully drawing the trees:
1. Delete the file "Scripts.rxdata"
2. Rename the file  "Scripts - Original.rxdata" to "Scripts.rxdata"

So I Put the mods folder into data as well?

32 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Yes.

I did it, I’m in a cave right now but it seems to be running smoother, thank you. Sadly I have to remove it since the tree is almost entirely gone instead of half, so I keep running into them.

Edited by GriffinO1

40 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

Sadly I have to remove it since the tree is almost entirely gone instead of half, so I keep running into them.

Yep, you need to see them... sorry, it seems that your PC is simply not powerful enough to run the game smoothly 😞

1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

Yep, you need to see them... sorry, it seems that your PC is simply not powerful enough to run the game smoothly 😞

Oh well, it’s still playable so it’s not truly harmful.