4-5th Gen Graphics For Reborn

*Faulty*

I Know That Reborn Is A Gen 3 Style Game But We Can Go Edit The Maps And Make It Gen 4-5 Style,

There Are Infinite Possibilities In This Game,

And When We Make It 3d Style Maybe The Would Reach The Whole World

Like 3d Grand Hall And Updated Overworld Sprites Like HG/SS

Let Me Know If You Agree With Me.

It might be technically possible (to some degree), and Ame always releases the PBS files after each episode.  The main issue might  probably be who is going to take their time to do the work.  I don't think anyone would want Ame or any developers to take time away from development for superfluous cosmetic changes, even if they were willing to do it.   Doing only some would create a huge contrast in style, so it would be an 'all or none' scenario with changing things.

Someone might attempt to do this after Reborn is complete (similar to the translations), if it is technically possible and they have the motivation.  This is all theoretical, since I don't know the technical limitations of RPG maker  though the motivation/effort to do this is the more unbelievable part of this scenario.

Edited by seki108

As Seki said, the main problem is time. If Ame was to update the overworld graphics during development, it would potentially turn an episode that could take 6/7months to be developed to one that could take a few years to make. This time that could be spent on Ame's future project of Starlight Divide and patching any bugs within Reborn. Although it could be nice to have the maps updated to a 4th/5th gen style, I think the 3rd gen style makes it easier for Ame to create the diverse maps she has. The cons outweigh the pros in this case so I can't see it happening.

Just to clarify, I see there being 0% chance for Ame to do this for the main game.  It would be either be a community project, a group's passion project, or an individual's passion project,   basically like a standalone mod....but just graphics.  I also see these as unlikely because of the scale of the project, but it's not a 0% so maybe someone with the skill will really want to do it after Reborn Ep19.

• Global Mods

I might be completely remembering this wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was basically impossible because the newer versions of pokemon essentials that use the newer graphics are incompatible with a lot of Reborns custom scripts. at the very least large amounts of the code would have to be rewritten (in addition to all the new graphics) and some things might just be straight up impossible in that version

I would also say it takes away some of Reborn's charm. A lot of fangames try to use gen 5/gen 4 graphics to look as nice a possible. Reborn has always been third gen styled and is if I'm correct, one of the few that really sticks to this for one reason or another

Guest Relinquished

No chance. Ame is making her own game from nothing, too (completely irrelevant to Pokemon). So even when she is going to finish Reborn, something like that won't happen. While i loved Gen 4 the most, especially concerning graphics/artstyle, Rejuvenation and Reborn are made after gen 3 style and they fit perfectly!

Besides, those fangames with gen 4 style, either lack speed up function completely, or like Insurgence, it is worse implemented than inside fangames with gen 3 style. 

3 hours ago, GS BALL said:

No chance. Ame is making her own game from nothing, too (completely irrelevant to Pokemon). So even when she is going to finish Reborn, something like that won't happen. While i loved Gen 4 the most, especially concerning graphics/artstyle, Rejuvenation and Reborn are made for gen 3 style, they fit perfectly!

Besides, those fangames with gen 4 style, either lack speed up function completely, or like Insurgence, is is worse implemented that inside fangames with gen 3 style. 

uhm, that thing about the speed-up function is most likely not related to the graphics and more the developer not wanting/knowing how to implement it (and as I've said in the past, not playing a fan game just because 1 or 2 features are missing makes you miss out on a whole lot)