Field Effect Ideas v3

Yeah I have no idea if this is in the right forum or not or whatever. Mods can just move it if they feel it needs to be moved. 

Anyway, the title is self explanatory. Here's some examples of stuff we've gotten in the past, and my own works: 

Core Field (Made for Hardy. Credit to myself) 

Spoiler

Core Field-

"The Earth shifts around the battlefield"

x1.5% boost to Rock type moves.

"The attack was boosted by the field!"

x1.1% boost to ground type moves.

"The Earth shifted around the attack!"

x1.7% boost to fire type moves.

"The attack was amplified!"

0.5% decrease to Grass, Ice, and Water type moves.

"The field burned up the attack!"

Ground and Steel type attacks gain fire subtyping. 

The following moves are boosted by x1.5%-

Eruption, Earth Power, Flame burst, Burn Up, Diamond Storm, Power Gem, Flash Cannon

"The attack was wrapped in flames!"

Fissure's accuracy is boosted to 50%

Pokemon with the following abilities get a boost to Special Attack and are burned upon switchin-

Flash Fire, Blaze, White Smoke, Flare Boost

Pokemon with the following abilities get a boost to their physical defense upon switchin-

Flame Body, Magma Armor, Solid Rock, Rock Head, Sand Stream, Guts, Sand Veil, Sturdy

Burn damage is now 12% per turn.

Toxic damage now begins at 10% and slowly increases.

Moves that may confuse after 2 turns of use now confuse after one turn of use.

Recoil damage is doubled.

Surf after 3 turns of use will transform this field into a Cave field, although the field can be reignited with Dig or 2 turns of Lava Plume.

Nature Power becomes Earth Power.

Secret Power has a chance to burn.

Telluric Seed raises Defense and Special Defense and confuses the user.

Stuff like that. Just make the field effects in a somewhat organized style. You can tell who it's for, if anyone. It can be as wacky or as nonsensical as possible. Just make sure it's a Pokemon field effect and we're all good. have fun n stuff. 

This field is perfect for The first Sigil Ensign of my game! (Mad Scientist who created an artificial canyon, his sigil hall is inside the canyon.) Much better than my original concept for that fight (Inverse Field, because the epicenter bends spacetime around it to his twisted mind). I will definitely implement this ( This will probably be the earliest custom field effect the player is to encounter) (The inverse field was to make his fight different from the gym leader fought after him, which is also ground type) Because of this post instead of being Ground/Bone type he's Rock/Fire Type now. I look forward to what other people are going to put up, and I might even put up some of my own concepts in this thread!

On 6/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, Archeric said:

hardy ady has rocky field sooo

So? Rocky field makes Hardy fodder anyway. The field i made makes him a LOT harder imo. 

Even regardless of that fact, I'm free to make fields and so are you :]

On 6/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, cybershell12 said:

This field is perfect for The first Sigil Ensign of my game! (Mad Scientist who created an artificial canyon, his sigil hall is inside the canyon.) Much better than my original concept for that fight (Inverse Field, because the epicenter bends spacetime around it to his twisted mind). I will definitely implement this ( This will probably be the earliest custom field effect the player is to encounter) (The inverse field was to make his fight different from the gym leader fought after him, which is also ground type) Because of this post instead of being Ground/Bone type he's Rock/Fire Type now. I look forward to what other people are going to put up, and I might even put up some of my own concepts in this thread!

Right! I'm happy you liked it dude. Although if I can add something, it may be too complicated and complex a field to implement early. It'd be especially hard to work around with typical early game encounters. But you do you, and I'm looking forward to your contributions.