A Garbage Idea for a Pokemon Fangame mechanic.

So, I decided one day that Pokemon Trainer should have a little more involvement in Pokemon Battles. Not just being the one commanding and Strategizing.

Rather, what I have in place is sort of a way for Trainers to participate in the Battle along with their pokemon. I decided that maybe the trainer should have a certain set of Skills that directly impact a pokemon Battle.

For Example, Let's say you have a skill called "Speed Throw". Like Bruno using his nunchucks in the Manga, Speed throw is supposed to be about throwing your pokeball extremely fast, so that when the Pokemon comes out, they can launch an extremely fast attack that is difficult to dodge. In the case of the game, however, It just increases Speed  and accuracy for one turn. 

How could you use this strategically? You could use a choice banded set to get an early KO on a speedy pokemon Lead.

Or, this is kind of a unique one, but Equip the Skills "Evasion" and "Close Combat (Not the Pokemon move, Just a trainer Skill)". With Evasion, and Close Combat used in conjunction, The Trainer, when employing this skill, can evade pokemon attacks while crossing the battlefield. With Close Combat, The Trainer punches the opposing trainer, causing them to be stunned. As a result, the opposing pokemon trainer can't switch pokemon or use Items for two turns. And The Opposing pokemon's moves are randomized, because they don't exactly have a trainer to direct them.

But there also have to be limits. So let's say that every time you employ an ability, It drains some of your SP (Skill points). And you have a maximum amount that you have to use sparingly.

This Idea still needs to be developed and balanced, but I might appreciate someone (Maybe even... Junichi Masuda?) to try this idea out in one of the games. 

But, Like i said, It's a garbage Idea.

Feel free to either show approval, or tell me why it's a terrible Idea and would not work. I get the feeling something is totally wrong with this idea.

2 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

While I doubt Game Freak would support the ability to punch children and old people in the face during battle. I wholeheartedly support this idea.

Thinks of Fern

And El

And Sigmund

And most of Meteor

And possibly Radomous as I'm about to have to deal with him again soon

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

So, I decided one day that Pokemon Trainer should have a little more involvement in Pokemon Battles. Not just being the one commanding and Strategizing.

Rather, what I have in place is sort of a way for Trainers to participate in the Battle along with their pokemon. I decided that maybe the trainer should have a certain set of Skills that directly impact a pokemon Battle.

For Example, Let's say you have a skill called "Speed Throw". Like Bruno using his nunchucks in the Manga, Speed throw is supposed to be about throwing your pokeball extremely fast, so that when the Pokemon comes out, they can launch an extremely fast attack that is difficult to dodge. In the case of the game, however, It just increases Speed  and accuracy for one turn. 

How could you use this strategically? You could use a choice banded set to get an early KO on a speedy pokemon Lead.

Or, this is kind of a unique one, but Equip the Skills "Evasion" and "Close Combat (Not the Pokemon move, Just a trainer Skill)". With Evasion, and Close Combat used in conjunction, The Trainer, when employing this skill, can evade pokemon attacks while crossing the battlefield. With Close Combat, The Trainer punches the opposing trainer, causing them to be stunned. As a result, the opposing pokemon trainer can't switch pokemon or use Items for two turns. And The Opposing pokemon's moves are randomized, because they don't exactly have a trainer to direct them.

But there also have to be limits. So let's say that every time you employ an ability, It drains some of your SP (Skill points). And you have a maximum amount that you have to use sparingly.

This Idea still needs to be developed and balanced, but I might appreciate someone (Maybe even... Junichi Masuda?) to try this idea out in one of the games. 

But, Like i said, It's a garbage Idea.

Feel free to either show approval, or tell me why it's a terrible Idea and would not work. I get the feeling something is totally wrong with this idea.

Pheonix rising has some sort of trainer level system unsure of what it does currently as it's still in beta and I haven't tried it myself

48 minutes ago, StarryDreamerKitten said:

Pheonix rising has some sort of trainer level system unsure of what it does currently as it's still in beta and I haven't tried it myself

I can't get my hands on the beta for this game. I would like to, as it sounds appealing. 

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

I can't get my hands on the beta for this game. I would like to, as it sounds appealing. 

PM the creator as they are on reborn if they don't have their messaged thing off and ask politely if they can send you a link?

Check Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon, it's still in development but it has amazing trainer system (6 trainers all playable and each has different special skills--the opponent too~)

I was thinking about something similar the other day, except they would be "tactics", basically certain styles of battling /strategies /battle cries that can be used a limited amount of times to give an advantage; these would be classified on levels depending on how strong they are, and you would need to spend a certain amount of "points" to use them (higher level=more powerful=more expensive), these points would be limited per battle, so you can either use several weak "tactics" or spend all of your points in a few, very strong ones. Effects would basically include stat boosts, reducing/increasing damage of certain types/categories, certain status move effects (taunt, defog, protect, etc) and maybe even allow you to summon a certain Field Effect during a limited amount of turns. The player would start with only the most basic ones and then acquire more of them as they defeat the trainers who use them (in the sense that you're learning and assimilating their styles into yours).

This makes me think of Pokemon Amie, that mini-game in the main series where you play games, pet, and feed your Pokemon... uhh... Pokemacaroons. Getting high affection in there gave perks in-battle, like being able to survive hits and shake off status ailments. In that sense the trainer was more involved in battling.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Elvenlore said:

This makes me think of Pokemon Amie, that mini-game in the main series where you play games, pet, and feed your Pokemon... uhh... Pokemacaroons. Getting high affection in there gave perks in-battle, like being able to survive hits and shake off status ailments. In that sense the trainer was more involved in battling.

Not necessarily as satisfying as punching Fern in the face Mid-battle, but that definitely counts as more trainer involvement.