Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Maqqy

I'll  just copy my status update here:  "Well, that's a way to make GO relevant again, though overall it seems more like an overdone Kanto re-remake based on Yellow.   I guess there's a bit of hope for the core games that will be coming in 2019

"

I see a lot of people are disappointed and that's fine. Let me just say some things. First of all, this is okay. A spin-off/reboot is honestly a good sign because that means a very good ample of time was given to Gen 8 which is confirmed coming next year 2019. Second of all, I dig this. All of it. The graphics and the glimpse of gameplay immediately captured me. I don't even care if it's Kanto again and If I'm getting nostalgia feels painted all over my face. These games are one word, refreshing. Besides, playing a game solely for nostalgia was never a bad thing. It works and I'm excited. I am about to experience first generation again in a totally new different way. These games along with the introduction of Gen 8 next year, might turn out to be really glorious.

... and this is hype

Untitled.png

• Global Mods

I'm not crazy about the GO integration or the wild pokemon battle changes, but because trainer battles are still proper, I don't think it's too bad.  

It looks gorgeous, and I think it will make a great end (hopefully) to the era of kanto pandering.

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

I'm not crazy about the GO integration or the wild pokemon battle changes, but because trainer battles are still proper, I don't think it's too bad.  

It looks gorgeous, and I think it will make a great end (hopefully) to the era of kanto pandering.

I doubt the kanto pandering will ever end. It's been going on since X and Y. If it sells then they won't stop. Nostalgia is fine and all but it doesn't make a good game. And Kanto has just become stale at this point. It's just a spin-off though so...i'll just wait for it to release.

Do they really expect to throw that pokeball all the time? I play my portable console games on the train so that would be silly. Not the worst (that right is reserved for fire emblem) but still a hindrance to the portability of the switch.

Secondly I see that the game is another gen 1 remake. I'm not too disappointed just worried.  One of the core features of gen 1 was exploration. With how railroaded pokemon has become, I'm worried that one of gen 1's core features is removed. It also raises the question about z-moves and mega pokemon.

Speaking of core feature removed, random encounters seem to be removed for wandering pkmn. Do you know what it means NO MORE ZUBAT CAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice.

Finally the last feature ,which I'm very excited about, is the easy multiplayer mode and not for the reason you think. With this mode I can make the game play double battles all the time (unless the game still make the enemy send out a single pkmn even when the enemy has multiple) which is something I missed from the base games.

These new games look awesome! I seriously don't care for the haters or for those disappointed. Fans who still play and enjoy Pokémon Go will benefit greatly for these new games. The graphics are adorable and the implementation of the new game mechanics are new and fun. This game isn't meant to be dark, sad nor difficult like the many games we have already. Anyways, let others enjoy what they enjoy instead of saying, "You still play that trash game?"

Btw, I love how the box art has Windows XP background with Pokémon in front of it. XD

I'm gonna assume that a majority of inconveniences in the game are optional and that the linking with Pokémon Go is as well. it looks incredible graphics wise and, most importantly, it looks fun.

I've noticed my topic has been sniped lol

In all seriousness, I'm disappointed in this game. Not because it's a return to Kanto, or because of the possibility of no online, and not even because of the catching mechanics. Instead, I'm disappointed that Pikachu and Eevee were chosen as the mascots of the games, when we could have had a real Pokemon represent this game:

425094-forest-background-pictures-1920x1200-windows.thumb.jpg.caeacbc08fc8eddad69550f63432dd37.jpg

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

I've noticed my topic has been sniped lol

In all seriousness, I'm disappointed in this game. Not because it's a return to Kanto, or because of the possibility of no online, and not even because of the catching mechanics. Instead, I'm disappointed that Pikachu and Eevee were chosen as the mascots of the games, when we could have had a real Pokemon represent this game:

425094-forest-background-pictures-1920x1200-windows.thumb.jpg.caeacbc08fc8eddad69550f63432dd37.jpg

@Amethyst looks like it's time for me to break this out again

Spoiler

budew.png.2bafb4e219914560366cc7a25efd88d2.png

Now we can actively run in terror from hordes of Zubats and see them all chasing us.

That reminds me, I actually have a pretty big gripe with the game: it being a gen 1 remake. We get it Gamefreak, you love gen 1 (a bit too much IMO) and can't stop forcing it down our throats. but at least the slight references, while annoying at times, did that job well enough. Gen 1 did its job in creating the franchise and had its remake in gen 3, it's time to get off its dead Rapidash.

Serebii's announcement page of this is worded in a way that made me think at first it was actually the next main series game.

I was REAL mad.  Imagine if a new generation came out and it were just a Kanto remake with only one new Pokémon.

As a spinoff, I'm actually interested.  It looks beautiful, appears to be legitimately fun, and most importantly, it probably sets the precedent for what the actual gen 8 will look like.

These are confirmed mainline games, but not one of the core main Pokemon titles. So we can all breath a sigh of relief wooh. 

One thing I would like (aka hope) for both of these games is a change in story. I want GF to atleast acknowledge the fact that majority of pokefans started with Gen 1 and we practically memorized Kanto in every spec and every corner. If they are going with a reboot or should I say remaster, bring something totally new to the table. Change the plot entirely or switch it up with something unique. If they manage to do just that then we all good. All that aside, I’m really leaning towards these games my dudes. I feel like it’s a very fresh start for Pokemon. 

But I agree, this is where Kanto needs to meet it’s end. After this, it can never rise from the grave again. This is nostalgia’s last laugh. Gen 8 and above, Gen 1 mons should be banned from ever returning. No more of first generation after this. It’s time to move forward. Yet I doubt it

I appreciate them testing the capacity of the switch for a pokemon game. I'll probably pick it up out of curiosity, eevee version because pikachu is lame. I'll quietly wait for the game they announced for in 2019.

Sound like a great game. Another of those games that could change the lives of many users, a kind of Pokémon GO more well done. I'm more curios for the rest, wait for 2019

I'm pretty stoked for it honestly. Especially since Gen 8 is coming in 2019. This will be something fun to pass the time until then. Plus it'll give my wife and I an excuse to play Pokémon Go again. haha. 

image.png.4835563802e79ebb016023b8bce1a85f.png

this is the only thing that matters in life now I will take this game thanks

In all seriousness, though: I was and still am a little bitter that GO isn't compatible with my phone, and I was going to get a Switch eventually, anyway, so this game actually has me excited.

Looks like a fun time killer with the gimmicky stuff. And maybe I'll enjoy it more as a "Kanto Remake" than FRLG, those bored me to death.

I'm going to carry my Eevee around on my hat and I will cherish every second of it.

I am super hyped for these games!

Yeah we're going back to Kanto, but I'm actually okay with that, I like Kanto!

But I can still definitely how that can be disappointing for people, we have been getting a lot of Kanto lately.

Still, the games look fantastic!

The best part for me is that we're getting following Pokemon back, and it looks like you can actually ride on some of the larger ones!

And you can put outfits on your Pikachu or Eevee!  My Pikachu is going to be the most dapper little rodent that ever existed 😍

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is the removal of wild battles, how am I going to be able to grind up new members of the team?!

But in my humble opinion, these games seem like they're going to be a ton of fun!

They look like they're going to be a great way to hold everyone over until 2019, when we finally get Gen 8!

So I'm Sort Of Excited For This. But Not Really. They Didn't Need Another Kanto Remake. I Mostly Play Reborn Now Because It's So Much Better Than The Main Series Games, So I Was Hoping We'd Get Something More Interesting Than This. I Can See How People Are Excited For This, Though.