Gnarlier! Also a Poison Mono

Revan

Gnarlier! Also a Poison Mono: Introduction

This monorun will be drastically different than my others. I figured I'd tell it from my character's point of view, with a little bit of my commentary (Example of my commentary here. It will be done like this.)

I'll be using the choose your starter mod, as well as the TM mod.

Link here: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e171/    I will be choosing Croagunk.

Hope you all enjoy, and it's good to be back.

Chapter One: Reborn City, Meet Revan!

(Welcome, welcome! I'll be playing as Revan.png.03bd4d8857d5f68309011ab088472ae4.png Revan here. Hope you all enjoy following their adventures!)

Journal Entry 1:

I don't write fiction in this journal, never have, never will. This is about my life, and the crazy stuff that's happened to me recently. What started as a trip to Reborn to become a trainer became something of a grand adventure. A once-in-a-lifetime sort of adventure. A journey that takes you around the region... and through the maze of your own mind. Some of this stuff, I still can't believe. But I know it happened. It's all too real...

As I got on the train, this woman I had never seen before approached me, asking me questions, and talking about Reborn itself. And man, did it sound like a total dump. And suddenly, something was behind me, and the train wouldn't stop. In a sudden motion, the woman, Ame, jumped on me, and we leapt out the train together... As a bomb went off. Seconds, minutes... I don't know, but time passed, and I came to. The bomb exploded as the train hit the station. And there's no way anyone survived that. And I was in shock. I HAD survived that, thanks to the white-haired stranger who became my savior.

Someone approaches, and Ame seems to know her. Green haired, energetic, excited. Julia is her name. Ame immediately suggests that this Julia did something, which Julia was quick to deny. Ame says it's a deliberate attack, which I figured. But why? Why would someone do that? That's the first question. My second question is WHO would do that. Ame went off to find the bomber, and Julia introduces herself to me. Captain of all that's peppy, bubbly and bright. I called her energetic before, but she almost seems hyper, as if electricity flows through her veins as opposed to blood. And as it turns out, she's the electric gym leader. It seems she'll be my first challenge in Reborn. But, I'm certainly getting way ahead of myself, I don't even have a Pokémon. So, I go forward, hoping to find the other trainer Ame mentioned. My first steps into the junkyard of a city of Reborn. My first steps into a world I can never forget.

END ENTRY

Chapter Two: Smoggy Skylines

ENTRY TWO:

Reborn is some parts intimidating, other parts eerie. But in its own way, it's beautiful. The sky is filled with smog, but the stars shine as bright as the streetlights through the gaps in the clouds, illuminating the night. Skyscrapers that seem miles high tear through the smog, and vanish into the night sky. As strange as this journey has been, the city seemed stranger still on that cold night. Something set this hideous yet glorious city apart, as if it was its own little world... Yet, I couldn't get lost in thought. The night was filled with panic, furious as a roaring flame. Screams tore through the silence like a knife through skin, and I walked on. To the city hall, and that's where I met two people. People I owe a lot to. People I would come to trust.

I soon met up with the trainer I was supposed to meet up with, Victoria. After some more talk about the train station, she lead me inside, where I once again met my savior. It turns out she caught the suspect rather quickly, and he was being interrogated. But I pushed that information into the back of my mind, and let my mind focus on why I was here. To get my Pokémon. As it turns out, Victoria is getting one, too. But not her first. She's starting over, a brand-new adventure. Someone named Kiki's request, by the sound of it.

I went upstairs, and that's where I met her. The Pokémon destined to be my best friend and most trusted ally. She was a Croagunk, and seemed especially fond of me. I chose her, with no hesitation. I just had a good feeling about her, and to this day, I'm glad I trusted my gut. I probably wouldn't have lived long enough to write this if I didn't pick the right Pokémon. I owe my life to many.

As Victoria and Ame went upstairs to pick out the former's Pokémon, a strange boy with purple hair approached me, and started complimenting me. He seemed... overly friendly, I suppose. Introducing himself as Cain, he challenges me to a battle, which I accept.

(I don't think I'll be detailing battles, and focus more on the story.)

Croagunk and I manage to pull off a win, and Cain compliments my skill in battle. Naturally, I return the favor with a smile. I didn't come here expecting what I got, but it happened anyway. After healing my Pokémon, I faced Victoria in a battle, which she also lost.

Stepping out into the night once more, I sit on a bench, and let my thoughts wander to the events from the day. From the exploding train, to meeting new people and my Pokémon. And I eventually find my mind wandering to the stars above.

Chapter Three: Playing Hero Pt. 1

(As a sidenote, this takes place the next day. I have battled many of the random NPCs, so I can get ready to continue the story. The team will be detailed at the end.)

ENTRY Three:

By day, all the 'beauty' of the night had faded. Without the stars, without the streetlamps, the city was as disgusting as I had heard. The skyscrapers no longer seemed mystical. They just seemed to tear through the sky, unevenly. The city was, of course, bustling with crime. As I had to fight trainer after trainer, Croagunk and I got stronger, more aware of what was going on. This city was a colony of deranged ants, thousands all fighting each other, with no clear goal. Reborn disgusted me, and yet, it fascinated me. How a place could function while it tore itself apart was a mystery. But, one for another day. I trudged on towards the gym, ready to challenge Julia... Who wasn't there. Instead, I found a note on the gym, and it seemed to be written by a machine. It mentioned a factory, however. So, I headed to find them, and maybe, just maybe, find answers to one of my thousand burning questions. On my way there, I ducked into an alleyway on a whim, and that's where I saw Stunky. It was oddly colored, and naturally, as one who wanted to master Poison Pokemon, I went for it. Long story short, I caught it, and headed on my way.

As I was leaving the alley, a Trubbish dropped out on me, and naturally, I caught that, too. The filthy city's acid rain beat down on my skin, fearing the thought of some landing in my eyes, I quickly ran to the Pokemon center, to both heal my team, and to take shelter from the polluted liquid. As soon as the rain let up, I head to a bridge overlooking the filthy water, if you can even call that gray sludge water any longer, and met three thugs harrassing a small Pokemon. I figured it was the perfect chance to test out my new Pokemon. Dealing with the first, I had Stunky and Trubbish deal with the other two. Stunky went down rather quickly, having been damaged against the first opponent. Trubbish, however, managed to stay strong in the heat of things, and alongside Croagunk, the Pokemon quickly defeated the thugs.

As night once again washed over the sky, I no longer felt the wonder I had felt before. My disgust at the city had ruined it for me. Finding the least disgusting motel in the city, which was a challenge, took much of the night. But, I had to sleep. I allowed myself to drift off, and allowed my mind to wander to the stars that had captivated me before, no longer symbolizing what they once had.