Pokemon Moonlight

308903621_PokemonMoonlight.png.91278b73c252596ae02586852da99317.png

Hello, forum goers. My name is Anna and today I would like to tell you about my developing

fangame, Pokemon Moonlight. In this game, you are playing as a new, young, and aspiring

Pokemon Coordinator named Amira. She, her cousin, Markus, and her best friend and powerful ally,

journey across the various regions to fulfill their dreams. However, a dark presence watches

Amira from the shadows, wishing to gain her power. Will she be able to fight

this darkness, or will she be consumed by it, with even her friends unable to pull her

back out?

Features

Spoiler
  • All current canon regions recreated with some new areas, starting with Sinnoh.
  • A powerful Pokemon at the start of the game. (You are not forced to use it, but the story will still play out as if it's with you.)
  • Contests in place of gyms. 8 Ribbons are required instead of the anime's 5.
  • Gym battles after a region's main campaign is completed.
  • 2 confirmed new Mega Evolutions. Possibly more.
  • Regions and available Pokemon based off of the most recent game for that region. Ex: Ultra Sun/Moon, ORAS, Platinum, etc.
  • Amazing music by GlitchxCity and others.
  • Alolan trials taking place instead of Contests in Alola.
  • All 807 Pokemon available to catch.
  • Starting fresh in new regions. (Not required, but recommended.)
  • Tournament-like structure for contests, plus Ame's Field Effects and maybe Ball capsules.
  • Going up against all canon evil teams.
  • Multiple contest costumes.

Characters

Spoiler

Amira

Spoiler

trainer036-1.png.ed9e78135392383a3d4cbd4e102575a0.png

She's kind-hearted and sympathetic and has a natural desire to help others.

While she does have a tendency to act without thinking, these acts tend to be good.

She's not afraid to speak her mind and defend her friends when the situation calls for it.

Also a horrible liar.

Markus

Spoiler

trainer000.png.f5862fa154927ccc1f39fb9a8bd8d5d7.png

A good-natured cousin to Amira who wishes to see her succeed.

He tends to get excited rather quickly, but knows when to back off.

He wishes to one day become a strong trainer, so he can help protect his cousin.

Dianna (Rival)

Spoiler

trainer002.png.918f846be8dd3411ab8a035ec02f285d.png

As the daughter of a Top Coordinator, she's self-centered and mean-spirited.

She enjoys making fun of Amira and her friends because she thinks they'er beneath her.

Only time will tell if she'll continue like this.

New Megas

Spoiler

King of Nightmares

Spoiler

491_1.png.43d7e26dec91785043ff2d0b5a80867a.png

Dark/Ghost

HP: 70

Attack: 90

Defense: 100

Speed: 165

S. Attack: 175

S. Defense: 100

Guardian of Dreams

Spoiler

488_1.png.b9e0bfec52ba2533e1bb769dab36bf96.png

Psychic/Fairy

HP: 120

Attack: 70

Defense: 170

Speed: 85

S. Attack: 85

S. Defense: 170

I couldn't think of a good design I'm sorry.

More info will be added as time goes on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 5/31/2018 at 11:12 AM, tomikson said:

story-wise 4 trainers travelling together. travelling from region to region, sounds alot like the anime.

Actually it's two trainers and a Pokemon. The story will have similarities to the anime as well as the canon games, but overall it will feel like it is its own thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, DarkMaster said:

Update time! Added two characters as well as descriptions for them and Amira. Gonna be taking a break here soon, so if there's no updates, that's why.

Any updates for the game development?And how long do you think it’ll take you to finish the game?Plus, how was your break🙂

11 hours ago, nik-mp said:

Any updates for the game development?And how long do you think it’ll take you to finish the game?Plus, how was your break🙂

Progress wise, the only thing left is story, a few battle sprites, and event testing, though it's taking longer than I had expected due to recently starting college, so I haven't had much time to work on this. However, I have no plans on giving up this project, as this is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm not stopping now. As for how long it will take, I'm not sure. I'm hoping to release the first episode this year, but whether or not that happens, only time will tell.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DarkMaster said:

Progress wise, the only thing left is story, a few battle sprites, and event testing, though it's taking longer than I had expected due to recently starting college, so I haven't had much time to work on this. However, I have no plans on giving up this project, as this is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm not stopping now. As for how long it will take, I'm not sure. I'm hoping to release the first episode this year, but whether or not that happens, only time will tell.

If you need any help with the story I think that people here would be eager to help tbh maybe even with the programming🙂so keep that in mind🙂

• 3 years later...
On 1/6/2019 at 3:01 AM, DarkMaster said:

Hello! Any updates? I'm really excited about this project and I will be very sad if you decided to not continue :(

• Like 1