Remember, Amaria did save your life once.

ShadeStrider

For me Amaria's decent into madness is heat breaking 

I like her, and she helps you a lot early on, but due to events you see her repeatedly fall apart and try to put herself back together, and you can't do anything about it. You can't help her even if you wanted to.

I would love to somehow resolve this issue, in both the Zekrom and Reshiram paths and free both Titania and Amaria from their relationship, but apparently several people just want Amaria dead, and I'm just like "Why!?"

So far the main reason people seem to want her dead is because she tried to kill you, which I find strange as she is nowhere near the first to try and yet her attempt is what bothers people the most.

But that's a completely different rant I'm not gonna get into right now.

19 minutes ago, uberle said:

I like her, and she helps you a lot early on, but due to events you see her repeatedly fall apart and try to put herself back together, and you can't do anything about it. You can't help her even if you wanted to.

I would love to somehow resolve this issue, in both the Zekrom and Reshiram paths and free both Titania and Amaria from their relationship, but apparently several people just want Amaria dead, and I'm just like "Why!?"

So far the main reason people seem to want her dead is because she tried to kill you, which I find strange as she is nowhere near the first to try and yet her attempt is what bothers people the most.

It's probably because initially, she was on your side. Most of the people who attempted to kill you were on Team Meteor's side, and they had their own goals. Amaria tried to do it out of Jealousy.

22 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

It's probably because initially, she was on your side. Most of the people who attempted to kill you were on Team Meteor's side, and they had their own goals. Amaria tried to do it out of Jealousy.

That's fair.

Different motives for different people.

And Amaria is really the only person who has tried to kill you that wasn't Meteor.

Key word being "tried" as in has actually attempted

She is far from the only one who is technically on your side that could try to kill you

I believe that Titania and Saphira would kill you in a heartbeat if they believed that you needed to die.

Titania says as much (In the Zekrom path at least, don't know about Reshiram), and given Saphira has no care for human life besides herself and her sisters I would not be surprised if she would try to kill you at some point,

Damn, you're right. I was enraged at her when I first saw that scene, but that puts it in a new light. She did save us, and played a big part in saving the region, too. Losing the one person she feels actually cares about her probably sent her into a manic state of mind.

Either way, there are only a few ways this turns out.

Flotsam is a ship term that cargo in wreck is still salvageable. Flotsam Amaria's Psyche is still salvageable, albeit heavily damaged. Maybe an opportunity will arise later where you can help her. This is only concerning the Zekrom path.

Jetsam is cargo that is deliberately thrown aboard in order to improve the stability of the ship. In the Reshiram Path, Amaria has been "thrown overboard" so to speak, so as not to torture Titania anymore. JetstreamSam Amaria is beyond saving. Her Psyche is unsalvageable. There are really only two options for her: Suicide, or possibly be saved by Team Xen and offered a place in their new world. And I don't think that we, as the player, can really do anything for her at this point. It's Sad, but we will have to accept it.

13 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Saving a life, doesn't grant you the right, or more correctly, the forgiveness-after, to take it.

Exactly. It's still heartbreaking, though. And Ironic.

At this point, She's beyond saving. And we have to accept it.

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Exactly. It's still heartbreaking, though. And Ironic.

At this point, She's beyond saving. And we have to accept it.

Maybe Sigmund can help?

Bad jokes aside, aggressive Amaria’s state of mind results of a vicious butterfly effect depending on the choice we made in the Water Treatment Center. I had pity for her in the Zekrom Route when she confessed and told us how hard it would be to live without her only friend. I won’t say I would feel the same in the Reshiram one, but her actions are more the reflect of her need of loneliness, which is one of the symptoms of depression. Somehow I understand it, she’s put her trust and affection in one accurate person and considers all the other people as intruders when they are about to introduce themselves into her personal playground. That’s what ends up happening when people like this are forced to live in a world where everything goes fast, which also explains her reluctance to hold her role of Gym Leader. Amaria is not that bad that everybody keeps thinking, just someone who needs some love and who doesn’t know how to create distances with the others, so she does it in a bad way.

Edited by Q-Jei

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of disagree that the Zakrom path denotes that she may somehow be saved. In that path she didn't suffer any sort of shock that may lead to character development, and she remains just as dependant on Titania as she ever was. Titania herself, is unable to come in terms with the fact that Amaria's misery can't be reversed by a fake relationship so her, Titania's , life won't be going anywhere either.

Flotsam, is a term that can refer to the wreckage of a ship or it's cargo. In Amaria's and Titania's case I guess it refers to a ship, not in any lame "shipping" terminology, but as an actual wrecked vessel, with said vessel being Amaria's life. Some wrecked ships, or it's remains, may still float but will never set sail again, just as Amaria can put on a facade of happiness and romantic fulfillment, without ever really getting to experience those things. In Zekrom's path, she is a real wreckage, there's no salvaging to be done.

Jetsam, is a term used to refer to the charges carried by a given vessel that are thrown out to the sea in order to avoid the capsizing  and/or sinking of the ship.

In Reshiram's path the ship is Titania's life, who in order to prevent her life from sinking, releases herself from Amy, thus casting her off. That is Amaria's role here. She's refuse. A discarded item.

However,  jetsam doesn't always go under and spoil in the depths. Fortunes in gold and invaluable antiques that appear in stories, either resting at the sea bed or washing on some distant shore, might very well be the product of jettisoning. Amy was cast off, because at that time she was burdensome, not because she was worthless. So there is a chance that she can reemerge redeemed and as the character we knew at the early parts of our journey, but this time her good will could be genuine and spontaneous, instead of being the byproduct of a lie. 

That's all just conjecture though. Only Ame knows what will be done of her.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, uberle said:

i dont hate her cuz she tried to kill the main player (actually i almost forgot that event xd) i hate her because i hate people that call an obssesion with someone "love" and they don't care how that person they "love" feels, and even hurt them or the people around them (i think i remember amaria say somthing like she has always know that tania never loved her back but not 100% sure)

and she manipulate tania with her "i will commit suicide" insinuations, and her "amnesia" i really really hate people like that and if i were in tania's place, even if amaria was my friend i would be like, then go on and kill yourself because that is a fake friend and can hurt other people around them and me

she has depresion and that a hard thing, i had lived it, when you don't event want to wake up, when you stop eating or even driking water or even moving for days, but don't be selfish and try to use other to try to fill yourself emptiness at the cost or their happiness

Edit: Sorry, i was wrong on the amnesia thing, i thought it was fake and manipulative 

And i want to say that i not only hate (maybe hate is a bit hard word) and blame Amaria im also not a big fan of Titania and know that she has also part of the guilt, but i also have the feeling that she was just a girl trying to help her friend and things get out of control for her because she was a bit like Shelly back then (little e18 spoiler)

Spoiler

Hardy say that Titania and shelly are getting along lately and that she is helping Shelly with her backbone so that make me think that Titania feels related to her, i know it can also be cuz she just like to help others.

and acepted the relationship because of that, i not saying that Amaria take adventage of her because of that, maybe she really thinks titania has the same feeling so i need to know what really happend to have a final opinion on

i just read the diaries on the school and is hard to say how things happen with only that reference (maybe we see some of that on the next chapter or maybe we will have to wait for post-game or maybe we will never see it) but it seems that there is also Florinia involved so i can't have a complete opinion on Amaria or Titania but at the moment i don't like her

As a side note, when i say:  "i would be like, then go on and kill yourself" i don't mean that Amaria or a person on her situation should do that or that i would say that to someone (but if they hurt someone important to me i will do something to protect/revange that someone, depend on the situation), i say that in a kind of actitude sort of thing (ugh is hard to explain myself on english) i would probably just take distance it depend on the full situation.

Sorry if my comment was harsh, will be more carefull on the future _(._.)_

On 8/31/2018 at 8:19 PM, wcv said:

She's not faking the amnesia.

Yes sorry, i re-played Amaria part and noticed that she tried to kill the main character cuz they had the bracelets and say that Titania send them.

i thought she blame the main character that Titania leave because of all the diary event  thing (so no amnesia)

sorry for that since i'm not native to the lenguage i sometime miss some details also it really took me looooong time to find Amaria each time so i made long pauses in between

On 9/2/2018 at 1:06 AM, Arkiel said:

Yes sorry, i re-played Amaria part and noticed that she tried to kill the main character cuz they had the bracelets and say that Titania send them.

i thought she blame the main character that Titania leave because of all the diary event  thing (so no amnesia)

sorry for that since i'm not native to the lenguage i sometime miss some details also it really took me looooong time to find Amaria each time so i made long pauses in between

I think Amaria freaks out when she sees the bracelets as she believes that the player is taking Tania away from her at the current time.