Pokemon Moonlight Sprite and Art Contest

308903621_PokemonMoonlight.png.91278b73c252596ae02586852da99317.png

Sprite and Art Contest

Hello, people of the Reborn forms! I am holding a contest here on the forms for my still-developing game: Pokemon Moonlight. You might be asking, 'Why am I doing this before I release anything about my game?' Well, the answer's simple! The winning entries will be used as in-game sprites and art! What's in it for the winners? Well, the winners get to appear in-game as a trainer with full customization on the class, Pokemon, and location! Why is location included? Because the game will have all current canon regions, from Kanto all the way to Alola, starting with Sinnoh! There will be two categories: Sprites and Art, while Sprites will have subcategories that will be listed further down the post. You can enter only one category and one subcategory, so pick whatever you're best at. Rules will be listed alongside the categories. To enter, just comment below and I'll add you. You have until May 24th, 2018 to enter, with the contest beginning May 25th, 2018 and the deadline is June 25th, 2018. Judging will be the next day. With that, let's take a look at the categories, shall we?

Sprites

Amira

Spoiler

Amira is the playable character in Pokemon Moonlight. As such, she will need the basic player sprites, as well as sprites for contests. For her casual sprites, you can reference the following picture. The clothing does not have to be exact. For her contest sprites, you can take a look at the many outfits Dawn wore in the anime for inspiration. Linked here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_clothing_in_the_anime#Dawn

PkmnTrainer_000.png.e3414ab773a404c65b206095e5025b2a.png

Markus

Spoiler

Markus is Amira's cousin and one of her rivals. He needs the basic rival sprites, as well as the sprites for when he fights alongside you. Again, clothes do not have to be accurate. Reference picture below.

PkmnTrainer_001.png.622c22786c7f0bd605dcfdb358f57e32.png

Dianna

Spoiler

Dianna is Amira's contest rival. She only needs the basic rival sprites, as she will never fight alongside you. She also only needs a contest outfit. Once more, clothes do not have to be accurate. Reference picture below.

PkmnTrainer_002.png.e0f494ea364bfad48393919d490cdfa8.png

New Mega

Spoiler

This new Mega needs the battle and overworld sprites. The picture is linked because I reached the limit with pictures: https://sta.sh/02xg6k6s66m

Yes, I did draw it. I can draw Pokemon, but not humans. 😑

Ribbons

Spoiler

Ribbons will be replacing badges in-game. As such, they need to be badge-sized. For sake of consistency, there will be 8 per region. (Except for Alola.) You are free to design them as you please.

Rules

Spoiler
  • Please do not spoil the new mega to those who did not see it.
  • No fighting.
  • No dissing other's work.
  • Keep Trainer poses SFW.
  • Work must be done by your hand.

Art

Splash Title

Spoiler

The title art is in your hands. The only requirements are that Amira (pictured below) and this guy: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darkrai_(Pokémon) are in it, and they're not fighting.

PkmnTrainer_000.png.e3414ab773a404c65b206095e5025b2a.png

Rules

Spoiler
  • No fighting.
  • No dissing other's work.
  • Keep things SFW.
  • Work must be done by your hand.
  • If you wish to work with an Amira spriter to coincide a design, that is fine, but let me know first.

Submissions

Spoiler

Once your submission is ready, please either comment it or PM me if you don't want others to see it right away.

That's it I think. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Just a reminder, you have until this Thursday to enter, and if not enough people enter, I will close this contest. For those who did or will enter and not enough people enter, you can still submit your entry and you will receive the full prize. No judging will occur.