God of War (2018)

CodeCass

So I really have no excuse for not getting into the God of War franchise when I was younger. I'm almost 30 and I was definitely the target demographic at the time. Just never pulled the trigger to try and give the games a go. Now fast forward and I ended up marrying a huge GoW fan! Haha. So leading up to the new games release a few weeks ago, my wife insisted that I playthrough the original trilogy at least. Wow! I was instantly hooked! 

So I've since jumped into the new God of War (when I can sneak time in when my wife's not playing it that is). It's such an amazing game! Very different from the previous installments of course, but I'm finding it really enjoyable! I'm still fairly early in it (just got to Alfhiem) but I can see I'll be sticking with it for the long haul until I see that glorious Platinum Trophy pop. I'm not sure I'd tote it as "one of the greatest games ever" like I've seen thrown around, but I am still early and I could change my mind. 

Have any of you Reborn residents been giving the new God of War any time? I'd be curious to know how you've been enjoying it, or if you preferred the original style of the franchise? 

I've only watched streams of the new God of War. Looks hella cool, RPG part of the game with the armor shops is something I didn't get on board yet and I'm not sure if the new camera angle is annoying or necessary.

Played the first GoW and loved it, one of my personal favorites of all time. It still owes me so I'll be replaying that some day, I stopped at the last boss fight cause life. There's also this post game challange in the menu which is hella fun. Again, never finished that one. On the last challange my controller spazzed out in such a way that my panic pressing and it's madness made me exit the game. With a smile on my face, I smashed that controller.

GoW 2 was amazing too, 3rd one was out of my reach. PsP Chains of Olympus was also hella fun.

In the end I'd probably choose replaying the old franchise over this new thing. even if I was to look at both games for the first time In my life. Hack and slash + puzzles is fun

I have played some god of war in the past and it was quite enjoyable.  Now I watched 2 clips of the new god of war and can see why it gets good reviews. 

If it wasn't a console exclusive I would buy it in a heartbeat. (Not buying a console for a single game).

1. God of War is and will always will be Playstation exclusive.  It cracks me up when people ask whether or not God of War, The Last of Us, Infamous, Uncharted, ect will ever be on PC or Xbox.  That is like wondering if the newest Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon will ever come to Playstation, Xbox, or PC. 

2. I loved God of War, I have nitpicks, but I won't go into them because #spoilers, but it is my 4th or 5 favorite game from the past 3-4 years and top 10 for games released this generation.

• 4 weeks later...

So the more I play the new God of War, the more I'm enjoying it. Without spoiling anything, I basically just got to a point in the game where it's like "Ok, now we're playing God of War 4!" I'd assume I'm about 3/4 done with the game, but who knows. I'm trying to Platinum it so I'd assume I've still got my work cut out for me! 

Finished the game just recently and in all honesty, God of War peaked the top of my expectations. 

Spoiler

Although it felt a little short for me on the slightest note that I didn’t get to battle as much Norse Gods as I hoped I would. Nonetheless, all of it was stellar and fantastic in every sense. It’s tied to Last of Us in terms of quality, in my own opinion.

2 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Finished the game just recently and in all honesty, God of War peaked the top of my expectations. 

Reveal hidden contents

Although it felt a little short for me on the slightest note that I didn’t get to battle as much Norse Gods as I hoped I would. Nonetheless, all of it was stellar and fantastic in every sense. It’s tied to Last of Us in terms of quality, in my own opinion.

I've loved it so far as well! As for where I am in the story:

Spoiler

Atreyus has just been told he's a god, and we're on our way back up the mountain to get to Jotunhiem. Boy has literally just finished being a dick to poor Sindri and Kratos is telling him there's no reason to act like that...which is kind of ironic coming from Kratos. 

But yes, I've loved nearly every second of the game so far! Really excited to get this Plat! Looks like I need to hurry though! Detroit is already out with Jurassic World: Evolution coming out soon too. Not to mention Code Vein, KH3, Pokémon Let's Go, and whatever else E3 reveals this year. 

• 3 weeks later...