what do you think of Bronzong?

MartelloX

do you like or dislike bronzong?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. do you like or dislike bronzong

• dislike
    • i don't give a raticates's whiskers about bronzong!

ok guys so been awhile since I posted anything real simple question what are your thoughts/opinions on the gen 4 pokemon bronzong I personally like it and use it often especially because of its ability levitate ^_^

bronzong.jpg

I wasn't so sure on my opinion of Bronzong in the past, but in my steel monotype he got me out of many tight situations. An amazing support Pokémon, even though I used it as a bit more offensive than defensive in my playthrough. Well yeah 10/10 will use again.

I actually hate it

been my least favorite for years until Toxapex managed to knock it off of that spot. The main reason I hate it is because, before gen 6, it only had ONE weakness depending on the ability. it was either immune to ground or had its fire weakness removed by Heatproof. And with its defense based stats, you can understand why that's annoying as hell. Its design doesn't help it either. As it's just an oversized doorbell

Guest Relinquished

It has interesting abilities, is one of, if not the, hardest hitting gyro ball user, its typing is dangerous somewhat, its defenses are annoyingly high... The fact that steel types got that nerf ages ago, doesn't help much, in fainting an opponent Bronzong quickly, either. Trick Room can make it into a sweeper, somewhat, too. I hate facing it, yet i don't like using it myself, much. I really like its shiny Reborn variation, though.

Raticate's whisker, for me, sorry...

I always liked it. Ever since I first saw it in diamond version I thought was was super cool. It has an interesting type, design, and awesome basis as well(Japanese folk tale). And it's cry. I love its cry. TBH I kind of liked it as Lucien's ace more than Gallade. I know that's weird but now even moreso since Bronzong is like no one's ace and Lucien doesn't stand out too much otherwise.

Contrary to many I actually find a lot of objectmon appealing so Bronzong is right up my alley.

these answers are awesome I wasn't expecting this much of a turnout as for me I found out about it in my first run of reborn it as my saving grace against terra because I made the mistake of not realizing my party at the time was almost completely defenseless against ground types after using it once ive been hooked I agree with some answers as well now that I cant in see them yeah you know who you arei literally cannot burn the image out of my eyes >.< 

15 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

Bronzong is a mainstay of my gen 4 runs. He's such a bulky, status-y pita, so using him is a joy. I love it when pokemon just don't die.

I know right bronzongs defense is ungodly its a definite confidence boost against a strong opponent

4 minutes ago, MartelloX said:

I know right bronzongs defense is ungodly its a definite confidence boost against a strong opponent

yeah. in gen 4 in particular Imprison on him was super useful for the first few fights after you get him, like for crippling that one Kadabra in the Eterna Galactic complex. 

10 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

yeah. in gen 4 in particular Imprison on him was super useful for the first few fights after you get him, like for crippling that one Kadabra in the Eterna Galactic complex. 

right on I usually like his steal type moves for that take a hit a hit and then one shot KO

12 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

My only gripe with bronzong is having to grind up bronzor for quite a while. Bronzor isn't bad for early game(he can tank just about anything really) but he takes a long time to KO stuff  so it's a bit of a slog. Not as bad as glameow's at least, level 33 isn't  bad. Payoff is better too.

yeah kinda similar to munna if a moonstone is not available early on