Ice to meet you

Sephentos93

Yo peeps, got my ice mono done, I just want to fit in one more hail somewhere, not sure who should get it tho, pls help

Alolan Ninetales/snow warning/icy rock

Ice beam

Moon blast

Aurora veil

Nasty plot, but not really happy with it not sure what to change it to tho

Alolan Sandslash/slush rush/choice band

Icicle crash

Ironhead

Brick break

Bulldoze/nightslash/shadowclaw

Weavile/pressure/life orb

Icicle crash

Throat chop (might change to knock off)

Brick break/aerial ace

Ice shard

Mamoswine/snow cloak/leftovers

Earthquake

Icicle crash

Rock tomb

Ice shard

Froslass/snowcloak/light clay

Blizzard

Shadowball/hex

Will-o-wisp

Aurora veil

Lapras/shell armor/assault vest

Ice beam

Surf

Freeze dry

Hidden power(ground)

Currently I think I might give the vest to mamoswine, and give lapras hail instead of freeze dry or ice beam with leftovers to hold, but maybe you know a better way of doing it because it feels off to me for some reason

Also I know walrain with ice body would be better than lapras in almost every way, but I love lapras too much to not put it in ice mono

Also keep in mind that nasty plot for hail is useless because of snow warning

I know lapras is not the best option but there is no way I'm getting rid of it, I had abomasnow instead of weavile for a while, but it just underperformed in the actual battle compared to everything else, ended up only being usefull against water types and for the secondary hail set up, but tbh freeze dry and lapras walling them works just as well against water types, vaniluxe I haven't tried but I think if I get a pure ice type instead of anything else it would be avalugg since I need a wall more than anything else in that team for the times I can't get the veil going properly, also I like the water ice combo against steel, since there isnt much else that can be switched into a steel attack

even with Lapras steel will be a Bitch to deal with. And you said you wanted a new Hail Setter. There are only two left and Lapras is the weakest link at the time. you can't have it all dude

2 hours ago, Spedy said:

doesn't blizzard never miss on hail? you could give that to ninetales.

i would but ninetales needs tm for blizzard and i dont think we have that yet right?

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

even with Lapras steel will be a Bitch to deal with. And you said you wanted a new Hail Setter. There are only two left and Lapras is the weakest link at the time. you can't have it all dude

and yes i want a secondary hail, not a second snow warning, taking away the best mon to deal with steel wont make steel easier to deal with, lapras is not at all the weakest link just because its not a sweeper, lapras came in clutch by being able to take 3 hits from something that could oneshot everything else a lot and has secured its place in the team, the only mon that could even be argued to replace lapras is as i mentioned walrain, because it does the same as lapras, but gets ice body, the reason i dont do that is because i like lapras a lot more (also walrain doesnt get freeze dry, i'm gonna act like i knew that before i looked it up 😛 )

so the question is if i want to sacrifice assault vest on it for leftovers, or find space on somebody else, like hail instead of will-o-wisp or rock tomb.

well, then you lose the most reliable way to have two hail setters, because using a move slot on it will hurt more than it will heal, trust me there. but I've given my two cents, if you don't want to drop lapras keep it

1 hour ago, Spedy said:

so, sandslash and mamoswine can't deal with steel types?

they cant really switch into them no (i'm playing on set not shift so you dont get asked to switch after you down something) and sandslash might not be able to stay in depending what he fought before steel came in, choice band and all that, lapras is the only safe switch in i have against steel, mamoswine ofc can deal with most steel types fine if he outspeeds (which he does to most), but bulletpunches and air balloons exist, and ofc then there is scizor, which oneshots sandslash and mamoswine with superpower