Shiny Fails and First Shiny

What are some of you're shiny stories? Were you lucky with them or did you never get one?

My first shiny encounter was in Crystal( no it wasn't gyarados) and it was a butterfree in the area with the bug catching contest,The only thing  was my box was full when I caught it and I couldn't keep it...I was not happy. The next time was also in crystal...ive played Crystal alot...and I mean slot. I don't exactly remember what it was, I'm thinking voltorb, I just remember accidently killing it because my mons were to strong to weaken it without killing it which was a bummer...the third was also also crystal...and it was one of the roaming legendaries...you can imagine how that went. So countless hours in Crystal with 3 shiny encounters and I wasn't able to snag any one of them.

Moving on to gen3, sapphire was my first successful shiny capture and it was illumise. It was the first time I caught a shiny, the mon sucked but it was shiny. So gen 3 was one successful encounter and capture.

Gen 4, in platinum, my first and only shiny encounter was ryhorn..and I didn't have any pokeballs so I missed out on that. So gen 4 was 1 unsuccessful encounter.

I didn't play gen 5 until recently, but I didn't run into any shines, so 0 encounters there 

Gen 6, in x or y, don't remember which, but it was an azurill, and I caught it. Never used it because I didn't need a water type but I had it and still have it. Then in alpha sapphire, this is funny but I found a shiny illumise in the same spot I did in sapphire all those years ago. I couldn't  catch it but I thought the situation was funny. I also caught a zangoose with toxic boost in x or y, that I still use online from time to time ( extreme evo boost eevee with baton pass into a toxic boost zangoose with toxic orb/facade wrecks shop lol). So I had 3 encounters with 2 successful captures in this gen.

No luck in gen 7 though, I haven't even ran into one..so 0 encounters there.

In canon games, none, zilch, nada.   Despite multiple playthroughs of Gold, Crystal, Ruby, and Fire Red as a kid (later teen)  and recently playing Black/Black 2,  I've never encountered one shiny that wasn't the Red Garydos.   And it certainly wasn't because of repels, because I didn't ever use repels until halfway through my Rejuvination run last years in a backtrack section.

@seki108 Wait, I'm not the only one who refuses to use those things? That makes me feel a little bit better about myself.

Anyway, my first shiny was a pink wooper in Diamond. I had no idea what a shiny was at the time, but unlike all the horror stories you hear about that scenario, I caught it anyway. Said game then proceded to be my most lucrative official game to date, adding an abra (which naturally panicked me a bit), machop, starly, golbat, and floatzel over the course of my entire time playing that game.

My Emerald unfortunately didn't give me any shinies before the battery died (maybe should try to mess with the broken RNG a bit?), but the Sapphire copy I borrowed for a Grass Monotype run netted me a spinda wo seemed to think that being green was all one need to become part of the team, and the most awkwardly timed loudred (I was grinding for the Elite 4, and had stated out loud that I only needed to kill one more loudred for my sceptile to level up when she appeared; that was also the first time I chucked a Master Ball at a non-legendary pokemon- didn't want to risk a Roar).

Oddly, neither my Black or my Black 2 have netted me any shinies whatsoever yet. It's only a matter of time, though.

My first failed shiny was a diglett in Rejuvenation... which was how i found out about the Cave field's OHKO clause. Needless to say, I was not pleased at the time.

@seki108 I know that feel man. It took me 15 loooooong years to finally encounter my first (and at the moment only) shiny in an official game (can't even say i had the red Gyarados... let's just say i'm kinda cursed with the Jotho games) even though i NEVER use repels.

I was doing a nuzlocke of Emerald, casually training near Fortree City before attempting the gym and a little mad i killed my zone encounter on route 120 (a Mightyena if you asks) and then IT appeared : a shiny Absol. And yeah, i caught it (i'm applying shiny clause to my nuzlockes, with the shiny luck i have, it's not like that increases that much the number of mons i can use).

Man, i love Absol so much, for it to be my first legit shiny is just so cool ! And it was also really good, it didn't die ! (until i battled Steven Stone without grinding after the league... but it's postgame, it doesn't really count... and i still won ! Without revives !)

So yeah, nothing much for me (except in fangames with higher shiny ratio... that ones, i just break my pants on soft resets to compensate my inability to have legit ones), can't believe people find so much of these...