Rodent Run

FillyGrifon

Hello, I  would like to try a Rodent Run with the first six generations' first route rodents (Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog, Diggersby).
Considering the difficulty of the challenge, I decided to allow myself to breed and trade the necessary rodents and therefore using some useful egg moves. However, it seems impossible to have extremespeed on my zigzagoon, even though in US/UM, by having it mate with an Arcanine, it should be possible for it to learn it. Is the game not updated with the mechanics of US/UM? Is there any other way to manage to have it on my zigzagoon? If not, would someone be able to hack it onto it? The challenge seems really difficult even with the use of bd/es linoone, but without it, it seems borderline impossible.
Apart from that, do you have any more suggestions on the team? Should I choose a simple or moody bidoof? Thanks in advance.

For alola, Alolan Raticate or Gumshoos?

I know you said you were going to use the first 6 gens, but a dark type (or anything that isn't normal) might come in handy, imo 😛

5 hours ago, Candy said:

For alola, Alolan Raticate or Gumshoos?

I know you said you were going to use the first 6 gens, but a dark type (or anything that isn't normal) might come in handy, imo 😛

Yeah, I thought about it, but I decided I wanted to use the original Raticate, as he is the true ancestor of all the rodents. Most of them learn Crunch and, even though a stab dark move could have been handy, I decided to stick with the original decision and try, even though I think it will be really difficult ahah
In the end, I decided to sacrifice alola, even though I might add one team member later (Gumshoos or, exceptionally, Alolan Raticate). 😁
I also decided not to get perfect ivs rodents, settling for decent ivs and a good nature only. I'm still uncertain about ev-training. Might even do a mixup, but I feel the real challenge would be to play it like a standard run, without ev training.
About Bibarel, in your opinion, moody or simple?

5 hours ago, FillyGrifon said:

Yeah, I thought about it, but I decided I wanted to use the original Raticate, as he is the true ancestor of all the rodents. Most of them learn Crunch and, even though a stab dark move could have been handy, I decided to stick with the original decision and try, even though I think it will be really difficult ahah
In the end, I decided to sacrifice alola, even though I might add one team member later (Gumshoos or, exceptionally, Alolan Raticate). 😁
I also decided not to get perfect ivs rodents, settling for decent ivs and a good nature only. I'm still uncertain about ev-training. Might even do a mixup, but I feel the real challenge would be to play it like a standard run, without ev training.
About Bibarel, in your opinion, moody or simple?

Oof both are good. I'd say moody, but change to simple when the field effect boosts that ability.

OH BOY

you absolutely want simple. in earlygame moody is better since everything and their mother has growl and whatnot, but simple double team is a scummy yet underrated tactic. extremely good for cheesing, which you will need to do a lot with only rodents. I myself swept samson with a bibarel due to that strat so I like.

22 hours ago, Ojama Yellow said:

OH BOY

you absolutely want simple. in earlygame moody is better since everything and their mother has growl and whatnot, but simple double team is a scummy yet underrated tactic. extremely good for cheesing, which you will need to do a lot with only rodents. I myself swept samson with a bibarel due to that strat so I like.

Yeah thanks. I've decided to use Moody for the earlygame, then I'll change it with Simple when I'll get a boosting stats move. Now, I've just beaten Shelly and the team is doing good, never having blacked out. The challenges are coming in the late game, though. And Kiki too will be a pain.