[Epilogue] A Trip down Memory Lane

A Trip down Memory Lane

"Sometimes, we need to look back to the past to understand what we have become and realize the path we should take for the future." - March Hare Divergent

It's close to one year since we've started playing Mafia together. Although some may have joined later than the others, I'm glad that there's a sense of camaraderie and companionship within the club, which has been tested and strengthened through challenges we've overcome together. Thank you for embarking on this journey and I hope you'll enjoy this game ~

Salutations! I am March Hare Divergent, your Storyteller, for "A Trip down Memory Lane". This Mafia game is a culmination of this year's moments and memories and a gate forward to another year for the club.

An Overview of Mafia

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority [Town], who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, and the Informed Minority [Mafia], who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should kill. There may also be Third Party or Independent roles, which have different agendas and win conditions.

At the beginning of the game, players receive a PM or a DM (in some cases) with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase  Typically lasting 48 hours, players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Mafia slowly while Mafia players have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated.

(2) The Night Phase  Typically lasting 24 hours, the thread is considered locked at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until one of the major factions attains their win condition or unless it is no longer possible.

What makes this game special?

(1) The game is a closed set-up. Roles to be used are unspecified.

(2) The roles of this game come from the Mafia games we have played throughout the year.

(3) Role and alignment will be revealed upon a player's death, along with the Role PM.

(4) The game will be a nostalgic experience! 100% sure of that ~

Opening Narrative

I'm bored. The party seems fun and inviting, but I don't really feel like I belong here at all.

That is how I feel as I casually exit the room, without placing any attention on myself. I walk across the hall and find myself in the entrance of my friend's house. I feel more free as I breathe the open air and observe the night sky littered with stars, shining off in the distance. I guess I wasn't really meant for these gatherings.

I stroll outside, oblivious to my surroundings. My eyes are drawn to the path winding to the park. It seems different somehow. On other nights, it looked like a scene from a horror movie because of the looming trees and lonely atmosphere, but somehow, it looked beautiful tongiht. The trees seemed to glisten as they swayed slowly to the beat of a gentle breeze and it appeared to be radiating more color than normal.

I am attracted by this and I walk to the forest. Little did I know I would be brought through a trip down memory lane.

Factions

Heroes - They are your standard law-abiding citizens of the world of Mafia. They come in different forms and have different abilities and they fight to have peace in the land, away from the evil of the Villains. They are the Uninformed Majority. They win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Villains - They are no-good individuals who possess ulterior motives. All of these motives intersect in one outcome: the destruction of the world of Mafia. They are the Informed Minority. They win when they achieve parity or when their numbers equal that of town's.

Third Parties - They are individuals who side with neither good nor evil. They simply want things to flow their own way, without relying on the help of anyone. They have their respective win conditions.

Roles

The game is a closed setup, so the roles will not be revealed or given in advance. All roles will be taken from the different games we've had throughout the year.

* Games may be represented by one or two roles.

* There may be a use of similar roles from different games (i.e two Cops from two different games)

* All roles will function exactly as they did in the game involved.

* There is a special unique role fabricated for this game.

Mechanics

* The game starts on Day 1. Day Phases will last 48 hours and Night Phases will last 24 hours.

* Majority is in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onwards will be ended prematurely the moment a majority is reached.

* Votes are FINAL when LYLO is reached.

* No Lynching / Abstaining is not allowed.

* Mafia factional kills are mandatory. They are assigned to one of the members, meaning they can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.

* Mafia may communicate at any time.

* Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

* To show that you've read this, comment your favorite Mafia game (if you've played one) when you sign-up.

Rules

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) All Player Discussion must be kept in the thread; mandated special private chats may also be utilized. Other forms of contact outside of these such as Private Chats without the Host’s permission, IRL contact, and other methods are not allowed.

(3) Day Phase lasts for 48 hours. Players must make at least 3 posts. Failure to fulfill the post requirement for one phase will result in a warning and if the inactivity persists, the player is subject for replacament or modkilling.

(4) Voting is done in the format: [Eliminate] Player Name or in similar formats. Changing of votes may be done in this format: [Unvote] Player Name. All votes must be placed in bold or they are not counted.

(5) Night Phase lasts for 24 hours. Players are not allowed to comment in the thread. Violation of this rule will result in warning (1st offence) and disqualification (2nd offence).

(6) Sharing of Role PMs – through screenshots, verbatim copying, or other forms – to other players is illegal. Consequences will be given to violators.

(7) If you are eliminated in any way, you may have a final post, that will not reflect critical game information such as night actions and the like.

(8) Actions – day or night – should be sent to me via PM (Forums) or DM (Discord).

(9) Editing of posts is discouraged. If you have minor corrections, you may do so, but if you wish to have additions, you must make a new post or quote your previous post if you wish to highlight the addition.

(10) Respect the host and other players! Have fun!

March Hare Divergent and Alistair 

as your Storytellers

List of Characters
 1. Sosobean as ???
 2. Lord Drakyle -> Bok Choi as ???
 3. Venus as ???
 4. LykosHand as ???
 5. Alaris as ???
 6. L'Belle as ???
 7. Corso as ???
 8. Paul25 as ???
 9. Nick Crash as ???
10. Walpurgis as ???
11. Digital Amber as ???
12. Newt ->Seal as ???
13. Sailboat as ???
14. Roswell as ???
15. Jace Stormkirk as ???
16. Alphagar as ???
17. Mr. Knightly as ???
18. Megagun as ???
19. Filthy Casual as ???
20. Crimson Dragon as ???
21. Purplecicada as ???
22. Candy as ???
23. Amine as ???
24. Hypurr as ???
25. YinYang 9705 as ???

26. pcmay as ???

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

* To show that you've read this, comment your favorite Mafia game (if you've played one) when you sign-up.

I'm in.

DANGANRONPA 😏

😃 My choice goes to the first ever played mafia game in Reborn:

Stranded: A Mafia game, I realize that this is my favourite game which not only assisted us in building up our interest in all other mafia game, but paved the way for wide-ranging mafia community in the server. 😀 

I'll participate in this season anniversary mafia game!!!!

Hi I sexually identify as a boat. I have a thing for anchors and sexy motorboats.

Wait what?

Magic and Curses and bread and beans and boat and plant and bug and icecream and and and gets shot