Nuzlockes (randomizer?), tell me your story

LemonJones

Have you ever attempted such a challange? Personally I'm going blindly into Insurgence with Randomizer+Nuzlocke and I'll have you know that I failed twice before moving to the Midna Town.

I caught myself lying in my own head and making excuses just so I can get a better starter and first encounter. Needless to say karma was right there in that Electrode which killed my starter Archeops.

Second try! Augur assassin had 2 electric types! Enough to bury my Tropius and Gorebyss. It was my fault for being careless and greedy about buying items and recklessly spending some.

NOW! So far so good with complete majestic honesty in my heart I'm going strong with Kyogre, Delta Vespequen(my favorite) and a Clefable! Should have been many more but man o man it was hard to catch things with Kyogre as a starter.

ive tried randomizer nuzlockes at multiple points but never actually got around to finishing them. the 'all is random thing' is pretty fun but it also gets old rather quickly.

that being said I do remember some cool things that I got before. like a krabby with 100 base power pin missile in heart gold. that was some good stuff.

Oh boy, yes. Every time I do a nuzlocke its a randomizer, and I only randomize what Pokemon show up, I don't do a full randomize where everything is random like the types and items. I tried fire red a few times but never made it to far because everytime my starter was trash so I quit and moved to heartgold, here i actually succeeded, I was getting good mons left and right, I ended the run with a garchomp, walrein, ampharos, infernape,shiftry and I forgot what the flier was. But that was my only successful and lucky run, emerald i wiped at roxanne who had an entei, I never felt the need to retry so I moved on to platinum....my journey up until eterna forest was a cake walk, before the 2nd gym I already had gyrados, dusclops ( didn't have any good damaging moves, but served as a good wall while I healed the other members) grovyle, houndoom, and onix.. I only had 5 because my first encounters most of the time were legendaries so I didn't even try to catch them because they wouldn't stay in the ball and I wasn't gonna risk losing to a wild encounter...everything was smooth until a galactic grunt whipped out a palkia...and there my nuzlocke endeavors ended.. I was thinking of starting a regular 

Oras nuzlocke run, but we'll see

• Developers

Out of curiosity do people do nuzlockes on their personal playthroughs i.e. not uploaded to the internet I'd think it would be torture doing it otherwise. I mean I get randomizing at least as you don't have to penalize yourself unless you add the nuzlocke clause.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:42 AM, smeargletail said:

Out of curiosity do people do nuzlockes on their personal playthroughs i.e. not uploaded to the internet I'd think it would be torture doing it otherwise. I mean I get randomizing at least as you don't have to penalize yourself unless you add the nuzlocke clause.

I don't upload but I have to admit..when no one is looking, sometimes my thumb "accidentally" runs across the power button when a battle goes south...cant explain it though.....🤔