Crescent's motives [major v10 spoilers]

Lucreto

Quick disclaimer before I begin: this post contains spoilers for the last version of the game, also note that some mistakes might have been made as I do not remember everything 100% clearly. That aside, 

Spoiler

It is obvious that Crescent plays a great role regarding the story of our beloved game. In the last version, we find out that Nim (now Lorna) is the one behind the turning-people-into-stone phenomenon. Now, who ordered Lorna to do such a thing?

You guessed it right, it was Crescent. After she revived her from the valor mountain events, she said "here's what you're to do...." and sent her to GDC, even altering her memories, along with her identity, so that she believes that only MC was the one trying o save her, while the others didn't care. This is the first thing that makes me question Crescent's stance in the game.

Next up, we have Valarie-Adam, possibly Saki and Braixen too. During the Mount Valor arc, they said "we will deal with Crescent, you go save Nim", and in a discussion later with her at the Teila resort, Crescent told us that those 4 were of no more use up there, so she sent them to another quest. This surely must be GDC, as we see Saki's machine destroyed along the train lines. However, I believe it was her that also altered Adam's and Valarie's memories, so that they wouldn't remember the cast that is in GDC right now, and even fabricating another life, another reality for them.

Not only that, but Damien(was that his name?), the one searching for Alexandra, said that she is dangerous if left alone, but not exactly Alexandra, but her sister, Nim. It is not clear whether Nim was the dangerous one, or the person after the Mount Valor events, Lorna, but he is cleary after her. Was this outcome of Nim-Lorna predicted in the tribe those 3 lived in, or was there time manipulation on the part of Crescent? Regardless, Lorna is definitely dangerous as of now, but Nim showed no ill intent as far as we knew her. Point is, Crescent made Nim into this malicious thing she is, for whatever reason.

One last thing the Adam-Valarie and Nim-Lorna events have in common: they are people that were dear to the MC. In the Teila resort, Crescent told us that we should dispose of our friends, for they are useless to us. What if THIS is her ultimate goal? Nim petrifying one by one our friends, while those under Crescent's effect forgetting about us, thus isolating us from the people that we shared our adventure with?

Thank you for your time, I'd like to see your opinions on this, and also feel free to correct me or add more to what I mentioned above. ☺

Crescent said that smiling will be a luxury, a luxury none of us could afford. You described the reason she said that, our friends are going away so here's who I think the final boss trainer will be. Madame X vs Melia or us vs Crescent. I prefer the Madame X vs Melia more because that will be more entertaining.

I do agree about Crescent or Madame X being the final battles, or even something mixed, like true goals being revealed and eventually turning the tables of what we think as good or evil. I'm also looking forward to seeing the puppet masters' request being fulfilled: to get used to fighting alongside Aelita, for we will be doing that a lot from now on. I was kinda disappointed that she's going on a solo adventure at least for one episode, but I'm certainly eager to see what we will be doing together as the endgame approaches.

3 hours ago, XxAlexxX said:

Crescent said that smiling will be a luxury, a luxury none of us could afford. You described the reason she said that, our friends are going away so here's who I think the final boss trainer will be. Madame X vs Melia or us vs Crescent. I prefer the Madame X vs Melia more because that will be more entertaining.

How would Madame X vs Melia be more entertaining than us vs whoever?

I mean, I'd rather have youngster Joey be the final boss as long as we get to fight him than be sidelined while Melia has a final superhero showdown with Madame X. 

1 hour ago, YouGotLittUp said:

How would Madame X vs Melia be more entertaining than us vs whoever?

I mean, I'd rather have youngster Joey be the final boss as long as we get to fight him than be sidelined while Melia has a final superhero showdown with Madame X. 

Let me put it this way. First, let's see what's gonna happen if we do Melia VS Madame X. I'll do Madame X winning first, she defeats Melia, takes her power, and makes Storm-9 happen again but this time instead of Melanie taking over the world Team Xen does it, which means the gang completely loses. Now let's say Melia won, Melia officially disbanded Team Xen, defeated (most likely murdered) Madame X, and the region (possibly the world) lives freely. Now let's put Crescent into the equation. She's officially changed all our friends' memories, and she turns the table and makes the ultimate deal: If we win, we get all our friends back to normal, including Nim, and she'll leave us alone. If SHE wins she can use us however we want or just kill us. Now let's put the two TOGETHER. We do the ultimate boss finishing double battle. Melia and the Player and Melia vs Crescent and Madame X, if we lose the world is doomed, but if we win we save the world, and we stop Spacea and Tiempa, or better yet. The final bosses are Spacea and Tiempa themselves. What's better than pinning the very BEINGS of Time and Space against the very player? Who knows we might get sidelined or we might get the ultimate battle.

3 hours ago, Lucreto said:

I do agree about Crescent or Madame X being the final battles, or even something mixed, like true goals being revealed and eventually turning the tables of what we think as good or evil. I'm also looking forward to seeing the puppet masters' request being fulfilled: to get used to fighting alongside Aelita, for we will be doing that a lot from now on. I was kinda disappointed that she's going on a solo adventure at least for one episode, but I'm certainly eager to see what we will be doing together as the endgame approaches.

@XxAlexxX Yeah, I'm sure Jan would write a nice story for that scenario, but my point wasn't about the storyline. 

I meant that if the final battle was Melia vs Madame X, we (as the player character) would get no gameplay. It would only be dialogue and maybe choosing Melia's decision for her, like in this last episode. So, personally, I'd care less about who the final boss is and more whether we actually get to do something.

i personally wonder what the mc connection to crescent are.

1 we have seen her brainwash and change the memories of others before this leads me to believe that she has done it to us sometimes before the game started. The reason i believe that is because the way madame x interacted with the mother of mc calling her toy and how crescent way to tell her to get us away from danger in the boat scene and after we "died" in blackstepp castle in bad future we see this pictures  

tumblr_or5npguSqj1uo01w2o1_250.png   tumblr_or5npguSqj1uo01w2o2_250.png image.png.82822ec6dd36670f707b95b9ada648c0.pngimage.png.ba333f11dd08546871cfd06ec79ba7fd.pngimage.png.dec50e51f736367766942a582e8614d7.pngimage.png.436feef850d03ae55bc4a7951511d724.png

2 she use far more energy to get us to quiet than to get rid of us (of course we have only seen her killing xen grunts before). with  this i mean that if she simple wanted us to disappeared she has already had multiple chances for that for example when we destroyed xen lab in mount valros and she teleported us out or when she wanted us to live a normal life when we were still in the boat before the adventure even began

i have some ideas why she does it but with time travel and magic they are a little crazy so i wont theorising but this is what i add to the post   

I strongly believe that Madame X will not be the final fight. Almost convinced actually. If anything, she probably will be our last and unexpected ally, joining at the last moment after we beat her and prove our point. She clearly showed she is not interested in senseless destruction, she is concerned about safety of timelines, and she clearly knows more than most of the characters. And obviously she's got a good reason to do things she does. 

A agree, however, that Crescent feels some sort of guilt or responsibility before the MC. One of my guesses, is that it was her, who inserted The Interceptor into the MC, forcing us to take over his body. Or it was her fault MC real parents died. But i do not believe Crescent will be the final battle either. Her methods are questionable, but her morals also seems to be in the right place, and she does a lot of things to help our heroes. 

My best 2 bets for main villains so far: 
1) Space-Time duo. They operate outside of human morals, disregarding human lives, fates and their world for their still unknown goals. Their motivations are shady at best and also there clearly was a heavy reason Crescent, who i believe to be on a good side, had to betray them. 
2) Arceus Cult, probably Arceus himself. No matter how you look at it, at any point of any timeline we visit Arceus Cult is present in there in any form or way, doing sacrifices. The castle on the prison island, where presumably sacrifices from the beginning of the game were made, is also seems to be a very important place for team Xen and Madame X. 

Just bringing some chaos in here: what if Crescent and Madame-x are the same person from different timelines?? Or what if Madame-x is actually Melia? (Remember at the very beginning of the game, when Madame-x incourages melia to be strong and have faith?)

So Crescent is quite mysterious it's unclear what she's trying to do, but we know one thing: Crescent and MC mom knew each other because when the S.S. Oceana was about to explode mom asked her to bring the MC to safety. Now, why would Crescent be on the ship? Knowing her it wasn't a vacation, so what if she was there to protect the MC in case something would've happened? It actually would make sense because Crescent helped us many times before, she saved MC at the Xen lab and on Valor Mountain. Why would Crescent wana protect the MC?  Accoding to the Puppet Master there is this person called the interceptor. The MC is possibly the interceptor because in the past there was a book about the Interceptor and Madame X stole it before the MC could learn who it is. She  also saved the MC because he's important. So let's add things up: The MC is the interceptor which means he's important, so Crescent has reasons enough to protect the MC. Crescent wants MC to abandon his friends because they bring him into dangerous situations and Crescent won't always be there to help. So the friends need to disappear. It also explains why Lorna thinks only MC wanted to save her, because she won't attack him.

So I think Crescent just wants to protect the MC!

1 hour ago, Blontary said:

Just bringing some chaos in here: what if Crescent and Madame-x are the same person from different timelines?? Or what if Madame-x is actually Melia? (Remember at the very beginning of the game, when Madame-x incourages melia to be strong and have faith?)

That wouldn't make a lot of sense, as Team Xen, who Madame X leads, were in search of Melia even after the events of Amethyst cave. Also, remember her surprise in the Blacksteeple castle, after Emma revealed her face?

52 minutes ago, Lucreto said:

That wouldn't make a lot of sense, as Team Xen, who Madame X leads, were in search of Melia even after the events of Amethyst cave. Also, remember her surprise in the Blacksteeple castle, after Emma revealed her face?

This is because in this timeline everything is happening differently. Madame-x may be melia from a different timeline (though her yveltal isn't shiny). But still, even if they're not the same person, the share a pretty intimate connection

• 3 weeks later...

Well I been exploring all the different theory though I have my own beside the fact that I do agree Crescent is trying to protect us.

Spoiler

In the beginning of the game when you overheard your mom and Crescent talk Cresent did say that all she want is to make us smile 

it also notice that Nancy said that she can feel fear so maybe she is a doll?

the point is that I believe in my theory is that Crescent is our real mother.

I still have to play v10 completely , but i have the feeling that Crescent will be the ultimate vilain at the end , and not Madame X. 

Or she is the current league champion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 3:48 PM, Blue_Lightning said:

Well I been exploring all the different theory though I have my own beside the fact that I do agree Crescent is trying to protect us.

Hide contents

In the beginning of the game when you overheard your mom and Crescent talk Cresent did say that all she want is to make us smile 

it also notice that Nancy said that she can feel fear so maybe she is a doll?

the point is that I believe in my theory is that Crescent is our real mother.

b-bb-but 

Spoiler

isn't Crescent the same age as the Protagonist or maybe a bit older so it would be hard for the Protagonist to be her son. Unless... Time Travel. Oh yeah. Possible (would be a nice plot twist) Maybe Kanon? 

I was thinking Crescent was MadameX as all of the Xen exploits Crescent had stopped we're all happening without MadameX's permission I think, actually there's the Sheridan thing, but did she actually stop the Sheridan thing mabye , no wait didn't she blow it up? No didn't she just save the MC?

I was also thinking this as MadameX was apparently nice to Kanon and Kanon and Crescent were friends.

But, writing this I can think of a bunch of issues with this theory.

Like how MX tried to kill the MC, Maybe she new Nancy would block it, I dunno oh and she also through us of the top of a castle... I dunno maybe alternative egos?

Plus their colour scemes are similar I think.

Maybe MadameX is just MadameX?

Although, I think it would be cooler for her to be a character known from the beginning of the game actually now I see it...

MadameX must be SU..... AARRGGGGGGGGG

• Veterans

Personally, I think Crescent sees how everything is playing out and just wants to enjoy the show a little bit. 

2 hours ago, Acecelgor said:

b-bb-but 

Hide contents

isn't Crescent the same age as the Protagonist or maybe a bit older so it would be hard for the Protagonist to be her son. Unless... Time Travel. Oh yeah. Possible (would be a nice plot twist) Maybe Kanon? 

I was thinking Crescent was MadameX as all of the Xen exploits Crescent had stopped we're all happening without MadameX's permission I think, actually there's the Sheridan thing, but did she actually stop the Sheridan thing mabye , no wait didn't she blow it up? No didn't she just save the MC?

I was also thinking this as MadameX was apparently nice to Kanon and Kanon and Crescent were friends.

But, writing this I can think of a bunch of issues with this theory.

Like how MX tried to kill the MC, Maybe she new Nancy would block it, I dunno oh and she also through us of the top of a castle... I dunno maybe alternative egos?

Plus their colour scemes are similar I think.

Maybe MadameX is just MadameX?

Although, I think it would be cooler for her to be a character known from the beginning of the game actually now I see it...

MadameX must be SU..... AARRGGGGGGGGG

Spoiler

I don't think Crescent is Madame X because Madame X is too busy being Melia.

3 minutes ago, andracass said:

Personally, I think Crescent sees how everything is playing out and just wants to enjoy the show a little bit. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah I kinda thought that but didn't think Melia would do that until she got real triggered at life at the end of V10.

But every on knows MadameX's real identity is actually --ARGGGGGG-pia--il-goi-gdark

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, Acecelgor said:

Hide contents

Yeah I kinda thought that but didn't think Melia would do that until she got real triggered at life at the end of V10.

But every on knows MadameX's real identity is actually --ARGGGGGG-pia--il-goi-gdark

Spoiler

There's Melias everywhere. You could be a Melia. I could be a Melia.

Well...probably not me- there's a lot of Cassandras around, too.

But it would certainly explain why Madame X has her armor- everyone who's like Melia totally looks like her. 

27 minutes ago, andracass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's Melias everywhere. You could be a Melia. I could be a Melia.

Well...probably not me- there's a lot of Cassandras around, too.

But it would certainly explain why Madame X has her armor- everyone who's like Melia totally looks like her. 

Spoiler

Yeah TBH I agree that she is a alternative Melia

but I think MadameX is actually Sandy the Piano Lady 

Anyway I just realized I have gone a bit off topic so, Sorry

22 hours ago, andracass said:

Reveal hidden contents

Why would Madame X need Melia if she's Melia?

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Well in V10 when we get to the end of the dark future Madam X said that she needed Melia Light energy or something maybe she needed it because she her self cant produce that energy if she is melia from another time?